View Poll Results: Are Armenians and / or Georgians...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • European or peripherally European

42 38.18%
  • Not European at all

38 34.55%
  • Allies to our cause

40 36.36%
  • Not allies to our cause

8 7.27%
  • They should have a sub-forum on here

20 18.18%
  • They should not have a sub-forum on here

19 17.27%
  • Other opinions... (please state)

5 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Armenians and Middle East Christians on Apricty...

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

3 Not allowed!

Default Armenians and Middle East Christians on Apricty...

Okay, I'm going out on a limb in posting this, but I feel it needs to be said.

Why do some members oppose Armenians and Middle East Christians on here? Genetically there is no sharp dividing line between South East Europe and these peoples anyway. The division between what is European and what is not becomes a blur at the Balkans.
    They have more Middle Eastern associated genes than Balkan peoples, but such can be expected and such haplogroups are found in high frequencies in Southern Europe and Italy and at lower frequencies elsewhere.
    Armenians, Georgians and some of the Middle East Christians are physically and genetically related to groups in South and East Europe, it makes no sense to exclude them.

Another issue I feel I must raise is religion. Armenians, Georgians and Middle East Christians practising Christianity and standing their ground against the other Middle Eastern nations should be seen as our allies.
    It is quite weird when people will complain about Muslims on here and then at the same time complain about Armenians who've held their ground despite a lack of support from other Europeans for centuries.

Why aren't we supporting Armenians and Georgians on here?

Some haplogroup maps

I also propose the creation of a separate Armenian sub-forum and maybe a Georgian one too (if we get a few Georgian members).

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,014
    Given: 18,435

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post

Why do some members oppose Armenians and Middle East Christians on here? Genetically there is no sharp dividing line between South East Europe and these peoples anyway. The division between what is European and what is not becomes a blur at the Balkans.
    They have more Middle Eastern associated genes than Balkan peoples, but such can be expected and such haplogroups are found in high frequencies in Southern Europe and Italy and at lower frequencies elsewhere.
    Armenians, Georgians and some of the Middle East Christians are physically and genetically related to groups in South and East Europe, it makes no sense to exclude them.

Another issue I feel I must raise is religion. Armenians, Georgians and Middle East Christians practising Christianity and standing their ground against the other Middle Eastern nations should be seen as our allies.
    It is quite weird when people will complain about Muslims on here and then at the same time complain about Armenians who've held their ground despite a lack of support from other Europeans for centuries.

Some haplogroup maps
    Because the Armenians here have an extreme sense of entitlement and elevated importance. They're inconsistent and have a jewish-like holocaust paranoia as a result of being massacred by Turks, or probably just insecurity. Everyone who doesn't agree with them: Turks, Georgians, Azeris.

For them, Armenians should look like central Europeans and Aryans and if they don't they're from mixed villages of Gypsies, Turks and Georgians. Not only that but in order to elevate their so called "Europeanness" attack real European entities such as Portugal or Italy. Not only that but they also claim all Europeans descend from Armenians and if that was not enough for you, they're also the Indo-European urhemait and the first civilization.

That pretty much sums it.

Armenians don't care about Europe or Europeans, they just wish to have a European-like phenotype and not a Middle Eastern one. It should also be noted the kind of Christianism they practice is basically Islam with crosses.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

1 Not allowed!

There are Bedouin Christians, are you going to accept as Europeans as well. Heck they even follow a European Christian rite, the Greek Orthodox church
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

I honestly don't have any opinion about that. But that one armenian girl seems very interested in posting Miss Portugal contestants on various threads, for some strange reason.

I always like to help, so if you're reading, here's more material for you:

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,069
    Given: 10,740

1 Not allowed!

I accept their presence here so long as they accept that they are Middle Eastern Christians or West Asian if they prefer, and not Europeans proper.

Last Online
    11-24-2012 @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

I wouldnt recommend to put them near, its dangerous

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2017 @ 09:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    n/A
    Country
    New Zealand
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

Some haplogroup maps

I also propose the creation of a separate Armenian sub-forum and maybe a Georgian one too (if we get a few Georgian members).

Albion, I think you mean well but you probably just haven't seen enough Armenians. Trust me, there is nothing European about their national Ethos- their Christianity is closer to the Egyptian Coptics than to ours, their mindset is very much Semitic, and they could care less about the struggle of Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

1 Not allowed!

Because the Armenians here have an extreme sense of entitlement and elevated importance. They're inconsistent and have a jewish-like holocaust paranoia as a result of being massacred by Turks, or probably just insecurity. Everyone who doesn't agree with them: Turks, Georgians, Azeris.
    Can you blame them?

For them, Armenians should look like central Europeans and Aryans and if they don't they're from mixed villages of Gypsies, Turks and Georgians. Not only that but in order to elevate their so called "Europeanness" attack real European entities such as Portugal or Italy. Not only that but they also claim all Europeans descend from Armenians and if that was not enough for you, they're also the Indo-European urhemait and the first civilization.

That pretty much sums it.
    These claims are silly, I agree, but I still think they have a place on here.

Armenians don't care about Europe or Europeans, they just wish to have a European-like phenotype and not a Middle Eastern one. It should also be noted the kind of Christianism they practice is basically Islam with crosses.
    In what way?

There are Bedouin Christians, are you going to accept as Europeans as well.
    Obviously not. But I've highlighted the fact that there is no sudden genetic difference between Southern Europe and parts of the Near East such as Anatolia and Armenia.
    The genetics blur, haplogroups don't just stop at the borders of Greece and Russia.

Armenians, Georgians and Ossetians are peripheral Europeans IMO, Assyrians and related groups - the "Middle East Christians" aren't European but shouldn't be left to the "mercy" of the Arabs.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,014
    Given: 18,435

0 Not allowed!

Obviously not. But I've highlighted the fact that there is no sudden genetic difference between Southern Europe and parts of the Near East such as Anatolia and Armenia.
    The genetics blur, haplogroups don't just stop at the borders of Greece and Russia.

Armenians, Georgians and Ossetians are peripheral Europeans IMO, Assyrians and related groups - the "Middle East Christians" aren't European but shouldn't be left to the "mercy" of the Arabs.
    Haplogroups are not useful. How about you compare the 20% European percentage of South Euro component in Armenians vs. 65% in Greeks? The jump from Russia to Caucasus is even greater. Probably Western Anatolians are close to Greeks but Armenians, as genetics have show are more similar to Northern Iraqis and Assyrians than anything else.

Honestly I would prefer Georgians: they don't speak one weird isolated Indo-European language so there's no danger in them making outraging claims about being the IE urhemait or crap like that, such as their language resembling Welsh.

And remember religion is mostly just a superficial facet: Religion is not important in every day behavior. If you think the Muslim immigrants are aggressive and maladapted just because they're Muslim you're being dead naive It's because of their culture and genetics which are not much different than the average Armenian, regardless of religion.

Last Online
    03-26-2012 @ 01:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ARmenian Highlander
    Ethnicity
    ARmenian
    Ancestry
    ARmenian Highland ( erroneously referred to as Eastern Anatolia or Eastern Asia Minor)
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Apostolic Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDelarge View Post
    I honestly don't have any opinion about that. But that one armenian girl seems very interested in posting Miss Portugal contestants on various threads, for some strange reason.

I always like to help, so if you're reading, here's more material for you:
    [/IMG]
    Thanks. My posts were for other Portuguese users as a response.

Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information