Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are hairy eyebrows more common in Britain and Ireland than other northern European countries?

Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian-Australian
    Ancestry
    Spanish + Amerindian + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Peru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!

It's really funny how Brits are often darkwashed in anthropology forums.
    Often even to the point of being compared to Iberians.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez View Post
    Trust me Im far white washing Iberians. but those brits pass In Spain easily.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,195
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Yes, that's true. Britons and especially the Irish were so dark-washed to the point that people made them up as dark as Iberians. One of Europe's darkest populations. I tried to help to show their real image and not the nonsense that spewed about them. So did a couple of others like O'Malley, etc....

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,468
    Given: 5,800

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Yes, that's true. Britons and especially the Irish were so dark-washed to the point that people made them up as dark as Iberians. One of Europe's darkest populations. I tried to help to show their real image and not the nonsense that spewed about them. So did a couple of others like O'Malley, etc....
    The British are more likely to have distinct med features than mainland Euros from northern Europe, i sometimes see a group of German or Dutch tourists in the bar i frequent ,they looked very unmed compared to a lot of English people i see around.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian-Australian
    Ancestry
    Spanish + Amerindian + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Peru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    The British are more likely to have distinct med features than mainland Euros from northern Europe, i sometimes see a group of German or Dutch tourists in the bar i frequent ,they looked very unmed compared to a lot of English people i see around.
    Actually I think Southern Germany & Austria have more Med-looking individuals than the British Isles.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Actually I think Southern Germany & Austria have more Med-looking individuals than the British Isles.
    Im not that well aquainted with those regions but i think a lot have facial features that are more of alpine deriviation

Last Online
    05-04-2024 @ 08:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,751
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

Can the Gallaghers compete with Berzhnev?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,195
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    What? no they don't. To be honest with you, Meds have handsome features and good complexions. The British don't, even when they are very dark-haired, they rarely resemble Mediterraneans. They would look more different like Paleo Atlantids. Those Mediterranean-looking people, you will find it more among Central Europeans outside of Southern Europe more than anything. Unless you automatically assign any dark-haired person regardless of their features as Med. Then you are wrong. Yes I do agree, that Northern Europeans such as Icelanders, Danes, Norwegians, etc.... have a stronger presence of blondness than the British as a whole. However in comparison to the English, it is different, as they might not be as blond but they have a good presence of redheads to balance out. Those of the Celtic Fringe (Scots, Welsh, Irish) who exceed all populations in red-headedness and paleness, are often less frequently blond than Scandinavians and Balts. However the difference is with the English who are the blondest of the British Islanders, perhaps not quite as blonde as Scandinavians or Balts, but at the same time have high levels of red-headedness close to the Celtic Fringe. So when you combine their frequency of blonde/blondish and red/reddish hair, particularly the Eastern English and some Northern English groups, they are lighter than the Dutch and Northern Germans as a whole. No wonder, Coon could have said, "Blondism of Scandinavian intensity is a characteristic coast of England and Scotland" (Races of Europe 1939). Or Lundman who said, I paraphrase: some parts of Eastern and Northern England and Southern Scotland are just as Nordid in race as Sweden or Friesland (Northern Netherlands) (Races of Europe 1977). Therefore, unless we decide to go back to very "simplistic" methods where dark hair is automatically assigned to the Med race and blond hair to the Nordic race, then it'be incorrect. Even in darkest-haired regions of the British Isles, the populations, head and facial measurements are still way above the Mediterranean mean. I get what you say about the Dutch and Northern Germans, they seem to have more brachycephaly, that's true.
    Last edited by Septentrion; 07-28-2023 at 12:00 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    What, no they don't. To be honest with you, Meds have handsome features and good complexions. The British don't, even when they are very dark-haired, they rarely resemble Mediterraneans. They would look more different like Paleo Atlantids. Those Mediterranean-looking people, you will find it more among Central Europeans outside of Southern Europe more than anything. Unless you automatically assign any dark-haired person regardless of their features as Med. Then you are wrong. Yes I do agree, that Northern Europeans such as Icelanders, Danes, Norwegians have a strong blond presence than the British as a whole. However in comparison to the English, it is different, as they might not be as blond but they have a good presence of redheads as well. Germans vary much more than the British from a fairly blond types of the north (Nordids, CMs) to dark types of the south (including swarthy complexions) to Slavic-like types of the east (Neo-Danubian, East Baltids, Pre-Slavics, Dinarics) and French-like types of the west (Alpine Proper). The Dutch are the closest to the English with less North Atlantids, Paleo Atlantids but with more of the CMs similar to Northern Germany. In fact, if one combines the frequencies of blondish and reddish hair, the Eastern and some Northern English groups come out clearly lighter than the Dutch or Northern Germans.
    Meds are not that handsome looking, some have very fine gracile features but there are also a lot of coarse meds, of course some med countries have better looking people, especially parts of the Balkans and in Turkey and the middle east. the southern English have a lot of med influence, so do some other Brit groups like the Welsh, ethnic Irish from the northwest who despite being light eyed show med and alpine traits that give quite a Spanish, Balkan or Italian vibe.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 246

0 Not allowed!

I ask myself this almost every day and I'm not even that British ;P
    "Virtue grows stronger at the wound"
    "There is safety in discrimination"
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information