Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss: We Import 2/3 of Our Cheese - THAT IS A DISGRACE!

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 08:22 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,568
    Given: 27,903

3 Not allowed!

Default Liz Truss: We Import 2/3 of Our Cheese - THAT IS A DISGRACE!

There's over 700 varieties of British cheeses that are made in the UK, including Cornish Camembert, Somerset Brie, red cheeses, blue cheeses, cranberry cheeses, walnut cheeses, hard cheeses, soft cheeses, etc.

We don't need to import French brie or camembert when we have our own English versions - which are equally as good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_cheeses

Yet whilst we were in the EU empire, the UK imported two-thirds of our cheese.

The supermarkets allowed for a monopoly of cheeses and wines from the EU - in particular from France, despite the large variety and high quality of British wines and cheeses.

Since Brexit, many British people are advertising loads of British home-grown produce (including a large variety of seasonal fruits, vegetables, garlic, a long list of English wines, cheeses, etc,) and have made websites and long lists of British made products and companies, (everything from furniture, clothes, cosmetics, shoes... to long lists of local fisheries and farmers.)

Millions of Brexiteers strongly encourage people to buy local and to buy British produce wherever possible with the popular hashtag and slogan #BuyBritish - not only to help our own farmers and businesses, but also to reduce transport costs - which is better for the environment too by buying more from our local farmers.

British supermarkets (such as Morrisons) are showing the UK flag symbol on British produced fruits, vegetables, cheeses, wines, etc, to show support for the Buy British movement since Brexit.

Former UK Prime Minister Liz Truss to an audience 0:40 - 1:01 "We import two thirds of our cheese. That is a DISGRACE!"

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-20-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Pro EU empire / woke leftists / globalists / fifth column shills frequently have meltdowns and complain on social media about seeing UK flag symbols on products in British supermarkets, moaning that the sight of patriotic UK flags makes them feel "dizzy" and "enraged", and they throw hystercial outbursts of rage on social media.

One particular pro EU fanatic in the UK uploaded a photo of some yoghurt in her fridge that had a UK flag symbol on the packaging. She was furious and very stroppy about this and branded it as "racist". She complained that the sight of the UK flag made her feel "sick." Her tweet went viral and caused a lot of laughter and ridicule from Brexiteers.

The ironic thing is that there's a lot of choices for people to choose from on supermarket shelves, yet she chose the yoghurt with the UK flag - nobody forced her to buy it, so despite her rant against the UK flag shown on the packaging design, she must like the taste of it - otherwise she wouldn't have bought it.

Remoaners and the globalist / pro EU mainstream media upload photos of empty shelves in UK supermarkets (the photos were taken near closing times or on days before stocks are replenished - to falsely portray that the supermarket shelves are "empty" since Brexit - even though Brexiteers have shown loads of photos of fully stocked supermarket shelves all over the country to prove the Remoaners as liars.

Nobody in the UK is "starving" since Brexit. I once saw a hilarious mainsteam media video report that tried to claim that British people are struggling to find food in the supermarkets since Brexit. The MSM interviewed an obese man and his overweight wife and their overweight children who complained that they were struggling to find any food in the supermarkets.... (Maybe they ate everything that was on the shelves! )

The same way that the media treats us as gullible fools when they talk about "global warming" (which they're now trying to frantically label as "global boiling") - when we're currently having a very mild, chilly, and rainy summer.

The pro EU fanatics try to call the Union Jack flag as "jingoistic" and "racist." LOL. (They don't make the same complaints about other nations flags on products, or the EU empire flag on products.) Many of them are middle-class snobs, woke students, and city dwellers, who don't care about supporting British farmers and fishermen and small local businesses in rural areas.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-21-2023 at 03:16 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,979
    Given: 26,575

1 Not allowed!

I sincerely think you should go into politics. You will have a limited fanbase on a forum and it's petty waste of your time.

I would have suggested an OnlyFans instead but you seem to be a smart and classy lady so it wouldn't be for you honestly.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    I sincerely think you should go into politics. You will have a limited fanbase on a forum and it's petty waste of your time.

I would have suggested an OnlyFans instead but you seem to be a smart and classy lady so it wouldn't be for you honestly.
    Thank you, but I would never ever want to be a politician for many reasons, but primarily because:

1.) I'm too quiet, shy, and softly spoken. Politicians need to be able to speak up. A problem I've constantly suffered with since early childhood.

2.) I'm not talkative off-line. I type my thoughts a lot very fast online, but I don't say much off-line and tend to be more of a passive listener than a talker (especially around strangers,) who prefers to keep my political opinions to myself.

3.) Shyness means I don't want any media attention and enjoy a quiet and private life. I much prefer cooking and cleaning and watching birds to be honest.

4.) People need the right connections and a university education to be a politician. I'm only college-level educated. Politicians also need a lot of confidence and must have no problems talking to the media and speaking in front of crowds and be able to speak loudly. The total opposite of my shy, reserved, and quiet character. I'm more of a thinker and an observer than an orator. I never possessed any leadership skills in school.

5.) I couldn't cope with the stress of it. It's much safer to quietly express my views on wars and other problems happening in the world whilst staying anonymous online, rather than being in the firing line and at the front of the public sphere - especially when having politicial views that goes against Washington's neocons - which means such politicians have to be incredibly resilient to media attacks, smear attacks, etc, which is what happens to any politicians who oppose NATO, the EU, the WEF, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-20-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There's two types of politicians;- career politicians (who are the vast majority of self-serving people who take the easy path of promotion by reduntantly repeating the mantra of the CIA / MI6 and Washington's globalist neocons and neolibs)... it's pointless even having a "leader" in countries like the UK, Germany, France, etc, if the leaders are redundant and are mere puppets of their puppeteers and masters in Washington.

Then there's the patriotic and populist politicians who care about their own peoples interests - who will be demonised, smeared and falsely branded as "dictators" / "racists" / "conspiracy theorists" / "climate deniers" / "Putin puppets", etc, threatened and assaulted by paid agitators in crowds, character assassinations, are liable to CIA/MI6 orchestrated riots and coups, and are subjected to constant media smears - as in the cases of Nigel Farage, Trump, Le Pen, Geert Wilders, Viktor Orbàn, Thierry Baudet, President Lukashenko, and President Putin.

A lot of Brexiteer politicians have had their bank accounts closed in the UK, for example. There's also a political prosecution against Trump. Geert Wilders lives with 24/7 police protection due to thousands of death threats and has no privacy.

If politicians go against the globalists and Soros, they'll be subjected to brutal treatment by the media, etc, and they have to be able to cope with enormous pressure.

Politics is an interesting subject in discussions though, as the decisions of politicians of whom the people elect affects everything around us each day;- taxes, trade, the economy, laws, free speech, immigration, culture, crimes, public finances, wars, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-21-2023 at 03:26 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,671
    Given: 10,408

0 Not allowed!

I pay through the nose for several English cheeses. A small 200gram block at around 5 euros. NZ cheeses are made with quality ingredients but are bland and generic.
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,321
    Given: 7,561

0 Not allowed!

I remember the "blessed" times of 90s-early 2000s when almost everything here was imported. If sanctions would be imposed back then we would be literally starving.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by frankhammer View Post
    I pay through the nose for several English cheeses. A small 200gram block at around 5 euros. NZ cheeses are made with quality ingredients but are bland and generic.
    If I remember correctly, you live on the opposite side of the planet in New Zealand.

Oil prices are expensive and you have to consider the shipping costs to NZ.

The British currency is pound sterling (we were never members of the wretched eurozone.)

I'm a strong believer that all countries should have their own sovereign currencies that's controlled by their own national banks... and not controlled by the convicted IMF criminal and fraudster Christine Lagarde who is now the President of the European Central Bank.

The foreign euro banknotes look soulless and like monopoly notes. Euro notes doesn't even look like real money, but like printed "funny money." Even the name "euro" sounds like the tacky eurovision song contest.

The Royal Mint regularly issues limited edition 50p coin styles into public circulation to celebrate national heroes (such as the childrens author Beatrix Potter,) and public national events (such as during the 2012 London Olympics when children competed nationwide to design 50p coins to celebrate the Olympics, with the winning designs being circulated by the Royal Mint, and Brexit was also celebrated with limited edition 50p coin designs to mark the event.)

I also support the public campaign of using cash as much as possible.

Some 20p coins have a slight design flaw, and the Royal Mint (that issues UK coins) wants them returned... the 20p coins are worth up to £750 if people return them to the Royal Mint.

British banknotes have lots of security features in them (both visible and inviisble to the naked eye,) and the notes are made from strong polymer so that the notes are both waterproof and rip proof.

The average price for a 200g block of Cheddar or Red Leicester in the UK is 2 pounds and 50 pence (which converts to just under 3 euros or 5.38 New Zealand dollars .)

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...rice-ascending

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ed%20leicester

Emporium British Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese 400g = 2 pounds and 69 pence in Aldi https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p.../4088600048451

£3.20 for 400g of Cheddar in Asda: https://groceries.asda.com/product/m.../1000242609281

£1.50 for Scottish cottage cheese in Tesco: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/308472089

300g Deluxe Somerset Cheddar Assorted = £2.99 in Lidl: https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/deluxe-some...orted/p5216688

Deluxe Mature Blue Stilton 220g = £2.69 (Lidl) https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/deluxe-matu...-stilton/p8099

400g Valley Spire Welsh Mature Cheddar = £2.85 (Lidl) https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/valley-spir...eddar/p5211947

160g of British Brie is £2.25 in Tesco: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/309188955

230g of Somerset Brie costs 3 pounds and 25 pence in Sainsbury's: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...rset-brie-230g

£2 for British Goats Cheese in Morrisons: https://groceries.morrisons.com/prod...eese-545443011

Supermarket prices in the UK vary and compete against each daily. Lower prices can be found in local street markets.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-21-2023 at 03:37 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

1 Not allowed!

I think it is a good thing that England is stimulating its own economy towards its support of its local agricultural sector that is the backbone to one's own country. Self sufficiency is the key towards a productive, advancing society.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,671
    Given: 10,408

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    If I remember correctly, you live on the opposite side of the planet in New Zealand.

Oil prices are expensive and you have to consider the shipping costs to NZ.

The average price for a 200g block of Cheddar or Red Leicester in the UK is 2 pounds and 50 pence (which converts to just under 3 euros or 5.38 New Zealand dollars .)

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...rice-ascending

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ed%20leicester

Emporium British Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese 400g = 2 pounds and 69 pence in Aldi https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p.../4088600048451

£3.20 for 400g of Cheddar in Asda: https://groceries.asda.com/product/m.../1000242609281

£1.50 for Scottish cottage cheese in Tesco: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/308472089

300g Deluxe Somerset Cheddar Assorted = £2.99 in Lidl: https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/deluxe-some...orted/p5216688

Deluxe Mature Blue Stilton 220g = £2.69 (Lidl) https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/deluxe-matu...-stilton/p8099

400g Valley Spire Welsh Mature Cheddar = £2.85 (Lidl) https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/valley-spir...eddar/p5211947

160g of British Brie is £2.25 in Tesco: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/309188955

230g of Somerset Brie costs 3 pounds and 25 pence in Sainsbury's: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...rset-brie-230g

£2 for British Goats Cheese in Morrisons: https://groceries.morrisons.com/prod...eese-545443011

Supermarket prices in the UK vary and compete against each daily. Lower prices can be found in local street markets.
    I don't have any problem paying for UK cheese. I do so to get the flavours I enjoy. Coombe castle is the brand available. If I want a plain old cheese and onion toastie, then cheaper nz bland cheddars do the job.
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information