Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Perhaps you would need to be a bit more specific here since there are so many different types of meditation techniques.

Which one are you interested in? For what aim, what purpose?
    What do you expect to gain through the practice?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

1 Not allowed!

Haha, people just will never understand me, because of the information flood you people experience in the west. I do not do meditation as most people understand to be. Some people might have understood me but some will just never. Also, I do no nuffing astral practices, qi-gong or yoga fings like that.

But I do advice people to do some meditations as a mental recuperation session, I just do not do it, for those who can not understand me, you should do meditations. I can be a huge distraction for most people.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Examples of different meditational techniques.
    Intro:

The most popular meditation technique, I believe is mindfulness meditation.
    It helps one to become grounded in the NOW, stills and silences the mind chatter and therefore helps one to develop objectivity and thus gain insights into one’s own thought and emotional processes and (behavioral) patterns.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yoga Nidra – intro:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Tai Chi imo. is an excellent moving meditation.

Once you learn the correct body positions within the movement sequences – mind also becomes silent and still and one can enter into the flow and into the ZONE – sports people and artists experience and talk about.

Therefore, still-life drawing or painting is also a good meditational practice.

I trust Qi Gong can be like this also, although I only use selected movements for the purpose of my physical wellbeing in my practice.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Shamanism doesn’t have any meditation techniques – not that I am aware of.
    But – the worldview in itself is meditational and so is being in the Nature.

For example, going into the Forest… At first - at the ‘boundary’ you open up – still and empty your mind completely and then enter/tune into the presence of Totality of the Forest.

Opening techniques ….
    One could use the Amerind-type of 7 directions: 4 directions plus up, down and the inner -> OPEN.
    Or if one’s mind is fearful of the ‘boundaryless openness’ of one’s BEING or suspicious of evil lurking around every corner one could also use the Buddhist image of the Full Moon being reflected in 100 water bowls.

The waterbowlness shows you how to hold your mind neutral and still and the Full Moon could always be visualized as the purest aspect possible - God, Jesus, Holy Ghost or Angels to guide you on your journey through the Forest, Life situations …. whatever ….

So, there is an openness and surrender … You are Totality as well as a part of THAT Totality.
    Gradually you will learn to use Awareness as a sense.

If anything out of the ordinary happens within that Space of Totally – you will take a note of and question … and take your ques from …
    I don’t think hunter-gatherers could afford to live in conceptual ideologies – everything was ‘written’ on-the-spot - the here-and-now situations.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Aboriginal equivalent to meditation …

My grandmother used a very similar technique. She would quiet and slow down her speech to an almost hypnotic voice, in order to *shift* your awareness from the local, dualistic “I am” to the greater, non-dual (non-local) presence of “I AM”, where both of us were present - yet in “Oneness” or “One Spirit”.

Grandfather could never join in – he hang onto the separately existing self image … the-superior-identity almost until the end.

Looong video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr_w...omoftheMasters

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

I would like to develop my own meditation techniques, from practising existing traditions and drawing upon my own experiences and theories. For now I just try to overcome all the negative feelings first, during which process I devised many small practices, some go forgotten some suvrive. So I try my validity on political polemics or studying applicable knowledges. I do not set loose standards just because it is about spiritualism, I take them beyond the rigidity of sciences. So you can imagine how it is like for me.

Meditation is still new to me, I might not reject it anymore like in the past, but yoga is too gay, not sure it suits my taste; Qigong is too senile, maybe medition in cold water? with earplugs? What I can sum up from it?(probably better health as the most apparent merit), then I can not be overwhelmed by anything illusory so to use them as testimony to anything. My basic principle is to set a Universal Rationalism mode, unbounded by scientific authority, unconditioned by class disparity, what pleases me the most is still some tangible beauties in the world.

In Socrates I find my closest model in spiritual and empirical practices. To be deified, worshiped, ascended are really not my interest, but to be in Nirvana? probably. It might sound contradictory with my theism, but not necessarily, since Buddhism does not survive in a very accessible form, some pieces need to be recovered to understand better. Like the misunderstanding of Buddhism would put one against another like in the west. It might be our inadequate enlightenment that puts us in this vulnerability people call as the false dichotomy. Also prophecies do not weight much to me, people should know more about their own times rather than the future. One of my mottos is: Only by knowing about the present well enough will elucidate the past as well as the future--只要知晓当下足够地好,就可以理解过去,亦通未来。--光子
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 09-08-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 08:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    97.96% Romanian
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Hamburg
    Y-DNA
    I2 (L68/S329)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 39

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Shamanism doesn’t have any meditation techniques – not that I am aware of.
    But – the worldview in itself is meditational and so is being in the Nature.

For example, going into the Forest… At first - at the ‘boundary’ you open up – still and empty your mind completely and then enter/tune into the presence of Totality of the Forest.

Opening techniques ….
    One could use the Amerind-type of 7 directions: 4 directions plus up, down and the inner -> OPEN.
    Or if one’s mind is fearful of the ‘boundaryless openness’ of one’s BEING or suspicious of evil lurking around every corner one could also use the Buddhist image of the Full Moon being reflected in 100 water bowls.

The waterbowlness shows you how to hold your mind neutral and still and the Full Moon could always be visualized as the purest aspect possible - God, Jesus, Holy Ghost or Angels to guide you on your journey through the Forest, Life situations …. whatever ….

So, there is an openness and surrender … You are Totality as well as a part of THAT Totality.
    Gradually you will learn to use Awareness as a sense.

If anything out of the ordinary happens within that Space of Totally – you will take a note of and question … and take your ques from …
    I don’t think hunter-gatherers could afford to live in conceptual ideologies – everything was ‘written’ on-the-spot - the here-and-now situations.
    The name "shamanism" sounds really attractive in my mind. Although this can have several different meanings for each person.
    Do you really practice such a thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information