Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lachin Corridor: Why does Russia allow Azerbaijan to block the road?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2 > A13912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,689
    Given: 1,500

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    That's it. Being heavily anti Russian from Soros crew they did everything worst to waste Qarabag and now Russians are supposed to be bigger Armenians than Armenians themselves, for own bad becoming worse with Azeris. That's absurd. If the peacemaking troops were not taken to Qarabag, now it will be free of Armenians 100%. Armenians should make more on diplomatical front together with their Western friends like France and USA, how come they suppose Russia to manage everything for those who spit on Russia.
    Да ли остале чланице из ОДКБ помажу Русији у рату у Украјини? људством? или у било ком смислу

There was never any rights towards you! They have always hated you and will continue to hate you as long as you exist. Not because you are bad or good, but because you are defiant. If one day I don't see that defiance in the eyes of at least one Serb out of a thousand of you, I will know that you are gone, you have become slaves, what they wanted to make of you. I did not fight for the slaves, I did not fight alongside the slaves and you are not little Russians here in the Balkans, as some like to say, but you are big Serbs back home. And you should remember that.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Far_away View Post
    Да ли остале чланице из ОДКБ помажу Русији у рату у Украјини? људством? или у било ком смислу
    I think the recent geopolitical events that have transpired has shown the CSTO to be nothing more than a joke.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    I think the recent geopolitical events that have transpired has shown the CSTO to be nothing more than a joke.
    Nobody has to help Russia in military operation in Ukraine (and some ex Ukraine now) , just like helping Armenians on territory of Azerbaijan.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Nobody has to help Russia in military operation in Ukraine (and some ex Ukraine now) , just like helping Armenians on territory of Azerbaijan.
    What about when Azerbaijan directly attacks the territory of the CSTO member, Republic of Armenia? I haven't seen any Russian, Belarusian, Kazakh(lol), or Kyrgyz(I can't even...) intervention yet so it's a joke of an organization.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2 > A13912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,689
    Given: 1,500

1 Not allowed!

What about when Azerbaijan directly attacks the territory of the CSTO member, Republic of Armenia? I haven't seen any Russian, Belarusian, Kazakh(lol), or Kyrgyz(I can't even...) intervention yet so it's a joke of an organization.
    Didn't Russia at end save a little of territory what was left? They will never attack you directly. The problem starts when government started to be anti-Russian.

There was never any rights towards you! They have always hated you and will continue to hate you as long as you exist. Not because you are bad or good, but because you are defiant. If one day I don't see that defiance in the eyes of at least one Serb out of a thousand of you, I will know that you are gone, you have become slaves, what they wanted to make of you. I did not fight for the slaves, I did not fight alongside the slaves and you are not little Russians here in the Balkans, as some like to say, but you are big Serbs back home. And you should remember that.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Far_away View Post
    Didn't Russia at end save a little of territory what was left? They will never attack you directly. The problem starts when government started to be anti-Russian.
    It didn't make any difference with a pro-Russian(read Russian vassal) government because Azerbaijan has been attacking/attempting to encroach of RoA territory for years. They've been largely unreliable partners because they have massive interests in the turkic world. From a neutral and political perspective, I can understand their lackluster responses to Armenians' current situation. From an Armenian perspective, it's hypocritical, if not downright treasonous.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

The Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict has always been about divide and conquer, just like the Albanian-Serbian one. Always at each others throats, while the elites continue profiting of their conflicts. The reality is, neither presidents of these countries care about their people, but rather, control, manipulation, and money.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,809
    Given: 13,753

0 Not allowed!

It didn't make any difference with a pro-Russian(read Russian vassal) government because Azerbaijan has been attacking/attempting to encroach of RoA territory for years. They've been largely unreliable partners because they have massive interests in the turkic world. From a neutral and political perspective, I can understand their lackluster responses to Armenians' current situation. From an Armenian perspective, it's hypocritical, if not downright treasonous.
    Yes the mythical Orthodox Christian kinships is basically fairytales but whoever wish to believe in such fairy tales i can only respond "whatever ",. It is all about dollars and interest as always. Az is oil rich dictatorship and unlikely Rus will do to much for Christian Orthodox Armenia when Muslim Azerbaijan is good for buisiness.Real Politik is always the case.

hypocritical i agree.
    Yet,time keeps rollin on and every dog will have its day...but might be a long wait.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    turkĎc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,973
    Given: 3,721

1 Not allowed!

The reason why Azerbaijan has blocked the Lachin Corridor and tensions are mounting is Armenia's refusal to fulfil point 9 of the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire agreement (brokered by Russia)

We, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan and President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin, state the following:

1. A complete ceasefire and termination of all hostilities in the area of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is declared starting 12:00 am (midnight) Moscow time on November 10, 2020. The Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Armenia, hereinafter referred to as the “Parties,” shall stop in their current positions.

2. The Agdam District shall be returned to the Republic of Azerbaijan by November 20, 2020.

3. The peacemaking forces of the Russian Federation, namely, 1,960 troops armed with firearms, 90 armoured vehicles and 380 motor vehicles and units of special equipment, shall be deployed along the contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh and along the Lachin Corridor.

4. The peacemaking forces of the Russian Federation shall be deployed concurrently with the withdrawal of the Armenian troops. The peacemaking forces of the Russian Federation will be deployed for five years, a term to be automatically extended for subsequent five-year terms unless either Party notifies about its intention to terminate this clause six months before the expiration of the current term.

5. For more efficient monitoring of the Parties’ fulfilment of the agreements, a peacemaking centre shall be established to oversee the ceasefire.

6. The Republic of Armenia shall return the Kalbajar District to the Republic of Azerbaijan by November 15, 2020, and the Lachin District by December 1, 2020. The Lachin Corridor (5 km wide), which will provide a connection between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia while not passing through the territory of Shusha, shall remain under the control of the Russian Federation peacemaking forces.

As agreed by the Parties, within the next three years, a plan will be outlined for the construction of a new route via the Lachin Corridor, to provide a connection between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia, and the Russian peacemaking forces shall be subsequently relocated to protect the route.

The Republic of Azerbaijan shall guarantee the security of persons, vehicles and cargo moving along the Lachin Corridor in both directions.

7. Internally displaced persons and refugees shall return to the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent areas under the supervision of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

8. The Parties shall exchange prisoners of war, hostages and other detained persons, and dead bodies.

9. All economic and transport connections in the region shall be unblocked. The Republic of Armenia shall guarantee the security of transport connections between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in order to arrange unobstructed movement of persons, vehicles and cargo in both directions. The Border Guard Service of the Russian Federal Security Service shall be responsible for overseeing the transport connections.

Subject to agreement between the Parties, the construction of new transport communications to link the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic with the western regions of Azerbaijan will be ensured.

— President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan and President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin, "The Statement by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia and President of the Russian Federation"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_N...fire_agreement

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    turkĎc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,973
    Given: 3,721

1 Not allowed!

Azerbaijani Foreign Minister stated that Azerbaijan will "open the Zangezur corridor if necessary".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information