Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BS about prosperity of independent Latvia before reintegration with Russia exposed

Who Dares Wins
    Last Online
    05-27-2010 @ 06:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

In the few years that we have been independent since 1991, we have invented and created LOTS of things. Estonia is the most wired country in entire Europe.
    I see. It were Estonians who invented the wire... What's about railroad rails, I wonder?

But, tell us about other Estonian achievements, I'm all attention!

Our government is good too.
    I'm afraid I gotta have a break or otherwise I gonna explode because of laughing. Be back in an hour...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

I see. It were Estonians who invented the wire... What's about railroad rails, I wonder?

But, tell us about other Estonian achievements, I'm all attention!
    Don't play dumb... And there are many achievements. Use Google. I would say that the most notable invention would be Skype. But even during USSR times, Estonians invented things. We have always been smart people. Like the hand chainsaw, in 1947. By an Estonian sent to Siberia.

I'm afraid I gotta have a break or otherwise I gonna explode because of laughing. Be back in an hour...

Our government has no corruption, mafia doesn't influence it and so on. It's the opposite in Russia. So don't even try to say that the Estonian government sucks, if your homeland's government is one of the worst in the world.
    Why am I even bothering answering a troll? He doesn't care what I say, he will always act like a troll and not make any productive posts. Only trollish posts.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Here are a couple of them- on Flickr.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    04-15-2014 @ 01:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Alemanni, Suebi.
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Borreby/Nordalpinoid + Atlantonordoid
    Politics
    Platonic NS
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hors View Post
    We're talking about Latvia BEFORE 1940. Inese and other Latvians elsewhere like to brag about how successful and prosperous their country was when it got independance from Russia. Well, it's a blatant lie. Comment on this, don't hijack the thread.
    Well, pardon - since the discussion in the topic revolved mostly around the claim that Russians built up the economy, I misunderstood your question and magically assumed that you meant the more recent independence, not the "original one". My bad.

As to Latvia 1918-1941 I can't say much as I am not too well informed about the subject. It does however seem somewhat irrelevant, as it does not take the fact away that Soviet rule stalled and hindered their further development.

So yea, perhaps they were delapidated and economically weak between the wars. But this is also true for may other countries, who however in turn prospered much sooner because they were not controlled by an objective regime.

Since I strongly believe that if anything, Russian/Soviet rule was hindersome, it is irrelevant to me whether the Baltic countries prospered before their integration as an SSR or not. Fact is, they didn't prosper during the Soviet rule, at least not to their full potential, and that makes all assumptions and discussions about the previous situation a moot point.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-17-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hors View Post
    What makes you think that Estonians, with their proverbial retardness, are creative?
    I was talking about Latvians, not Estonians. So who's the retard now?

Last Online
    04-30-2009 @ 12:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    swedish
    Ancestry
    Sweden and Finland.
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Cool

I think that Mr. Hors have a SERIOUS crush for Inese, that's what I really think this is all about. Mocking another European country is not really very "preservative"...

Who Dares Wins
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Exordium View Post
    I was talking about Latvians, not Estonians.
    Ah, fellas, you see, even a Finn knows that Estonian are retarded!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Ah come on Hors, you know that Estonia is actually one of the first e-governments in the world (at least they are pursuing that goal) and happens to be one of the most wired nations in Europe.
    You can work on your laptop in Tallinn and have wireless Internet all over the place. How's that for Russia ?
    Enough to say that the 4G/WiMAX network is fully operational in Moscow already.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilding View Post
    I think that Mr. Hors have a SERIOUS crush for Inese, that's what I really think this is all about. Mocking another European country is not really very "preservative"...
    I actually wouldn't be too surprised if that is indeed the case

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Who Dares Wins
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Don't play dumb... And there are many achievements. Use Google. I would say that the most notable invention would be Skype.
    Period. LMAO

But even during USSR times, Estonians invented things. We have always been smart people.
    Laddie, you're an asset.

Our government has no corruption, mafia doesn't influence it and so on.
    LOL

http://tv.delfi.lv/ru/video/m25j0hZS/

Who Dares Wins
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Well, pardon - since the discussion in the topic revolved mostly around the claim that Russians built up the economy,
    And I can always prove it.

I misunderstood your question and magically assumed that you meant the more recent independence, not the "original one". My bad.
    Your apologies are accepted.

As to Latvia 1918-1941 I can't say much as I am not too well informed about the subject. It does however seem somewhat irrelevant, as it does not take the fact away that Soviet rule stalled and hindered their further development.
    You're wrong. Latvians claim that their country can only be prosperous while not being an integral part of Russia. They cite the inter war period. However, as we see, Latvia was far from being prosperous in that time. When the USSR re-established the control over Latvia, the latter flourished, mostly due to material and human investments from Russia proper.

And, speaking about present times, now we see that after Latvia squandered all what was left from the USSR Latvians are again poor as parish rats.

There is even a saying in Russian that a Latvian has only his dick and his soul.
    So yea, perhaps they were delapidated and economically weak between the wars. But this is also true for may other countries,
    But representatives of the later don'c cry it was the golden time of their countries. While Latvians do.

Since I strongly believe that if anything, Russian/Soviet rule was hindersome, it is irrelevant to me whether the Baltic countries prospered before their integration as an SSR or not. Fact is, they didn't prosper during the Soviet rule, at least not to their full potential, and that makes all assumptions and discussions about the previous situation a moot point.
    It's only your personal opinion which is refuted by the current economic crisis/catastrophe

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information