Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viking mythology ? Inspired by Christianity..

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Finno-Ugric, minor Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian/Russian
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Edda Mythology ?

Researcher wrote that all what is known about norse mythology from descriptions, archaelogical finds, place names etc, differs vitally compared to Edda's mythology.

This leads to conclusion: old pagan religion was in viking age have origins in christianity, .

Filologists demonstraded on linquistic basis, that none of poems in Edda cannot be older than 9th century.
    Poems cannot be reconstructed to older language forms, because poem rule would be ruined.
    Another thing explains, that poems are no older than viking age:

There are lots of loan words from latin, aglosaxon and iiri.

Poems' topics are mainly loans, in which we can see in jewish-christian and roman-greece sources.

Edda doesn't show skandinavian paganism ( and so nobody can know how it was structured .. but it is not a problem for viking's fanatics..... there are Marvel Comics..) but is based mainly on christian tradition, and via christian culture from antique materia, which is pretty young. For example norwegian A. Chr. Bang, icelandic G. Vigfusson, german E. H. Meyer agree with Bugge.

Poor Viking's fanatics...even their only mythological source was inspired by Christianity..
    ok that's just complete and utter bullshit coming from a person who has no experience in Linguistics and comparative mythologies.
    I genuinely don't even know where to start.

>Researcher wrote that all what is known about norse mythology from descriptions, archaelogical finds, place names etc, differs vitally compared to Edda's mythology.
    What researcher? Can you provide me with a link to the article?
    >This leads to conclusion: old pagan religion was in viking age have origins in christianity, .
    No, it does not. You literally provided zero (0) arguments to substantiate your claim.
    >Filologists demonstraded on linquistic basis, that none of poems in Edda cannot be older than 9th century
    No way! These 'philologists' really cracked the mystery. It is as if we didn't know that Eddas were COMPILED/COLLECTED (not written) in the 12th century by multiple people across Scandinavia (which was already a christian land). I'd also love to see how they determined the age of the Eddas based solely on 'linguistics'.
    >Poems cannot be reconstructed to older language forms, because poem rule would be ruined.
    word salad
    >Another thing explains, that poems are no older than viking age:
    Mate, these 'poems' were not written by pagan Norsemen. They were written by christian scandinavians. These Eddas are collections of folk oral tradition. It's not some pagan bible or whatever you imagine it to be.
    >There are lots of loan words from latin, aglosaxon and iiri.
    Wow, no way bruv, you really trying to tell us languages change, interact with each other and inherit vocabulary/syntax from one another? That's mad, bro! Who would've thought Scandinavians had Anglo-Saxon or Latin loanwords (but considering the quality of your post I can already assume that a lot of those 'loanwords' are cognates. If you even know what a cognate is.) Just wait until you learn where Scandinavians got their runes from, it will blow your mind!
    >Poems' topics are mainly loans
    Unverifiable word salad. If anything, Christianity is a mixture of pagan sumerian tradition (half of biblical myths are identical to Sumerian/Mesopotamian myths, almost word for word) and local (Rome/Greece/Egypt) pagan cults. Christianity is a mixture of pagan cults. I know this will probably anger you but that's literally a historical fact.
    >Edda doesn't show skandinavian paganism
    That's probably the most brilliant piece of literary analysis I've ever seen in my entire life.
    >but is based mainly on christian tradition
    That's exactly the opposite. Christianity inherited A LOT of indo-european pagan elements. Otherwise it wouldn't have survived in Europe. If you were to compare it with the original jewish desert cult from which your christianity arose, modern christianity is nothing like that.

I honestly can't tell if this post is a troll or if this is what you genuinely believe.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,462
    Given: 15,607

3 Not allowed!

I've heard of Norse Mythology, but I don't know what Viking Mythology is.
    Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Horse-Human of Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,433
    Given: 5,287

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh View Post
    I honestly can't tell if this post is a troll or if this is what you genuinely believe.
    I really doubt he`s trolling at this point. He has a weird obsession with Scandinavia and how it supposedly is inferior. It`s basically all he ever rants about for years now. He doesnt participate in normal conversations like most other members do, but instead always ever tries to prove the aforementioned. Nobody really knows the reason for that, but its kinda sad. But yeah, to each their own.
    Btw, welcome to the forum!
    Runen raunen rechten Rat, über eiserne Felder nun zur Tat!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

ok that's just complete and utter bullshit coming from a person who has no experience in Linguistics and comparative mythologies.
    I genuinely don't even know where to start.

>Researcher wrote that all what is known about norse mythology from descriptions, archaelogical finds, place names etc, differs vitally compared to Edda's mythology.
    What researcher? Can you provide me with a link to the article?
    >This leads to conclusion: old pagan religion was in viking age have origins in christianity, .
    No, it does not. You literally provided zero (0) arguments to substantiate your claim.
    >Filologists demonstraded on linquistic basis, that none of poems in Edda cannot be older than 9th century
    No way! These 'philologists' really cracked the mystery. It is as if we didn't know that Eddas were COMPILED/COLLECTED (not written) in the 12th century by multiple people across Scandinavia (which was already a christian land). I'd also love to see how they determined the age of the Eddas based solely on 'linguistics'.
    >Poems cannot be reconstructed to older language forms, because poem rule would be ruined.
    word salad
    >Another thing explains, that poems are no older than viking age:
    Mate, these 'poems' were not written by pagan Norsemen. They were written by christian scandinavians. These Eddas are collections of folk oral tradition. It's not some pagan bible or whatever you imagine it to be.
    >There are lots of loan words from latin, aglosaxon and iiri.
    Wow, no way bruv, you really trying to tell us languages change, interact with each other and inherit vocabulary/syntax from one another? That's mad, bro! Who would've thought Scandinavians had Anglo-Saxon or Latin loanwords (but considering the quality of your post I can already assume that a lot of those 'loanwords' are cognates. If you even know what a cognate is.) Just wait until you learn where Scandinavians got their runes from, it will blow your mind!
    >Poems' topics are mainly loans
    Unverifiable word salad. If anything, Christianity is a mixture of pagan sumerian tradition (half of biblical myths are identical to Sumerian/Mesopotamian myths, almost word for word) and local (Rome/Greece/Egypt) pagan cults. Christianity is a mixture of pagan cults. I know this will probably anger you but that's literally a historical fact.
    >Edda doesn't show skandinavian paganism
    That's probably the most brilliant piece of literary analysis I've ever seen in my entire life.
    >but is based mainly on christian tradition
    That's exactly the opposite. Christianity inherited A LOT of indo-european pagan elements. Otherwise it wouldn't have survived in Europe. If you were to compare it with the original jewish desert cult from which your christianity arose, modern christianity is nothing like that.

For example norwegian A. Chr. Bang, icelandic G. Vigfusson, german E. H. Meyer agree with Bugge.

just wait until you learn where Scandinavians got their runes from, it will blow your mind!
    Not from any place north the alps...

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Finno-Ugric, minor Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian/Russian
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    For example norwegian A. Chr. Bang, icelandic G. Vigfusson, german E. H. Meyer agree with Bugge.

Not from any place north the alps...
    That's cool but I would of loved it if you could provide me with a link to the research you were quoting in your original post. Unless you made it up, of course.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

That's cool but I would of loved it if you could provide me with a link to the research you were quoting in your original post. Unless you made it up, of course.

Influences of Pre-Christian Mythology and
    Christianity on Old Norse Poetry ( Edda )

https://winnspace.uwinnipeg.ca/bitst...=1&isAllowed=y

And now let me know where Scandinavians got their runes from...

Poor ASATRU fanatics.. the academic historians are their main enemies because they tell the truth about the ( poor ) Nordic literature... which has epractically nothing Nordic about it, as it was written and manipulated by Christian monks...

It's no one's fault if up until the year 1000 TO. Scandinavia was populated by people with the same cultural level as Western Sub-Saharan Africa.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 246

0 Not allowed!

So it seems that for the same reason that Christianity seems to have borrowed from older religions is the same reason why we could see it as the most ancient form of each of those religions, and that those are just surviving fractions that branched out from it. Why wouldn't it be? It has produced the most glorious civilizations and is also most targeted by obvious evil. Which is why so many have taken advantage of it to promote their own agendas, which leaves a bad taste in the mouth when people hear the associated term, "Christian".
    "Virtue grows stronger at the wound"
    "There is safety in discrimination"
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 01:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Ponto-Nordid + Borrebaltid + Dinarid-Alpinoid
    Politics
    Black pill
    Religion
    Deist + cultural Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!

Majority of Christian customs are actually pagan inspired, at least according to countless historical resources.

Only arrogant fools would argue that it's the other way around.

Not that topic is of much importance since both pagan cults of pre-Christian Europe and judeo-christian religions are nothing more than just mythology and part of folklore that constantly changes by evolving throughout technological progress and advancement of civilization.
    “Unconscious neural events determine our thoughts and actions, and are themselves determined by prior causes of which we are subjectively unaware.” - Sam Harris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information