PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Tensions between Dutch and French speakers paralyse the High Council of Justice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tensions between Dutch and French speakers paralyse the High Council of Justice

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,019
    Given: 4,943

2 Not allowed!

Default Tensions between Dutch and French speakers paralyse the High Council of Justice

There's a serious communitarian crisis within the High Council of Justice.
    Dissensions between Dutch speakers and French speakers within the Superior Council of Justice (CSJ) prevented the presentation by this body of a candidacy for the position of attorney general at the Brussels Court of Appeal. This was reported by the French-speaking Nomination and Designation Commission of this body on Wednesday evening.

Indeed, explains the French-speaking Appointment and Designation Commission, the Dutch-speaking members of this commission in charge of appointments unanimously refused any nomination for the position of attorney general at the Brussels Court of Appeal. “They declared after the vote, through a previously designated spokesperson, that as long as the first presidency of the Brussels Court of Appeal was French-speaking, they would not present any candidate.”

"This situation is detrimental to the proper functioning of justice, in the jurisdiction of the Brussels Court of Appeal in particular, Brussels being already deprived of a King's prosecutor", they finally recall.

https://www.lalibre.be/belgique/judi...C4WBPXDTGZDLY/
    Last edited by Laly; 10-12-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

2 Not allowed!

Nothing new under the horizon. Most Belgians are kept out of the wind here for the sake of peace and order. This issue is what makes Belgium often a frustrating country to live in, sadly. Nobody has the solution. This is also why we're only ranked 36th in the Democracy Index. The Netherlands are in the top 10, not having to deal with this nonesense. France is also ranked higher.

I am a rare Dutch-speaker who isn't naive or sheepish here. It's no surprise this is a Francophone article. It does make me sad though, to see our people in this state and the severe lack of political will.

Francophones are less naive and that can also be dangerous. Flemish are brow-beaten sheeple.

At least this article is civil. Not like ten years ago in the Francophone press, stirring up hatred for Flemings. We sometimes used to nickname the Francophone press 'Radio Mille Collines' back then.
    Last edited by Dandelion; 10-13-2023 at 04:38 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Nothing new under the horizon. Most Belgians are kept out of the wind here for the sake of peace and order. This issue is what makes Belgium often a frustrating country to live in, sadly. Nobody has the solution. This is also why we're only ranked 36th in the Democracy Index. The Netherlands are in the top 10, not having to deal with this nonesense. France is also ranked higher.

I am a rare Dutch-speaker who isn't naive or sheepish here. It's no surprise this is a Francophone article. It does make me sad though, to see our people in this state and the severe lack of political will.

Francophones are less naive and that can also be dangerous. Flemish are brow-beaten sheeple.

At least this article is civil. Not like ten years ago in the Francophone press, stirring up hatred for Flemings. We sometimes used to nickname the Francophone press 'Radio Mille Collines' back then.
    Do you think that Flanders and Wallonia could be divided between Netherlands and France respectively?

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Differences between French-speakers and Dutch-speakers in Belgium, What a surprise who would say it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Do you think that Flanders and Wallonia could be divided between Netherlands and France respectively?
    Nobody knows. Not even Belgians.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 660

2 Not allowed!

Francophones create trouble wherever they inhabit a country with other people, be it in Belgium, Switzerland or Canada.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ćđelfriţ View Post
    Francophones create trouble wherever they inhabit a country with other people, be it in Belgium, Switzerland or Canada.

Switzerland?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post

I think that the only permitted, and sometimes even encouraged, racism in Belgium is the one between French-speaking and Dutch speaking Belgians. The hatred comes from both sides. I have myself witnessed it. For ex., once, when I was in Antwerp, a Fleming said, very loudly, as I was walking down the street and speaking to someone in French, “What is this language for apes?!”. It’s true that the press, the media, maybe particularly the francophone Belgian ones, are ridiculously propagandist, deserving well to be called “Radio Mille Collines”. Regularly, when I read the press, in French, I am stunned by the heinous words towards Flemings and if the same words were addressed to other ethnicities, to Blacks, Arabs, it would be a huge scandal.

What do you say Francophones are less naive and may be dangerous? I always had the impression they are much more sheepish, while the Flemings are more clear-sighted, including because of the way they vote.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ćđelfriţ View Post

I think you are harsh and unfair.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 660

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    Switzerland?
    Yes, it's not a new phenomenon and has been analysed and studied and still is evident, though some might say it's not as pronounced today.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information