Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 372

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æðelfriþ View Post
    It's not my business either but I can't deny I'm sad to see Poland on the path to become a generic EU-ruled country. It was an important country to keep a minimum of balance there and from what I've seen of the voting tendency among younger voters the future doesn't seem to hold good prospects...
    It's somewhat typical for voters at different stages of life (age) to focus on certain things, so it's not as simple.
    However things never stay the same and Poland just like any other country is constantly changing, which includes views/ideology, which is among other things influenced by the mass/pop culture.
    Last edited by thatoneton; 10-16-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Last Online
    02-29-2024 @ 10:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by true_southron View Post
    I get impression that these conservative models that we see/saw in Europe are just oppresing their own citizens. They don't do anything meaningful or daring to separate from the horde of mindless NWO followers (liberals of all kind)
    Of the parties mentioned here I guess Konfederacja is mostly against some customs/approaches that are promoted in popular culture.

But generally speaking basically every government focuses most on getting reelected and outside of the rhetoric it will simply follow what seems the most popular.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 632

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneton View Post
    Of the parties mentioned here I guess Konfederacja is mostly against some customs/approaches that are promoted in popular culture.

But generally speaking basically every government focuses most on getting reelected and outside of the rhetoric it will simply follow what seems the most popular.
    That's what I speak of. Also a reason why I never vote for any party because I have liberal or conservative or democrat or (place the label here) feelings.

I usually vote for a party that would need a few hundred or thousand votes just to pass the threshold for parliament as my goal is to just not allow those politicians from big parties to stay in parliament for far too long (I know a single vote is irrelevant, but if few thousand people have same opinion it can work). They should never feel comfortable because if they do then they will fuck up life for everyone else. They have ez jobs. They should be feared for the political & legislative decisions they make (at least here in Serbia many of these top tier politicians are too arrogant so this should be like a life lesson). However, it only works if there's a critical mass that I spoke of.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Finno-Ugric, minor Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian/Russian
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!

As long as you don't elect a pro-russian/pro-putin party you should be good. Even though I doubt you have any pro-russian parties in your parliament to begin with

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Finno-Ugric, minor Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian/Russian
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I’m very open about my votes today

What exactly do you like Tusk for? Any policies/views in particular?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh View Post
    As long as you don't elect a pro-russian/pro-putin party you should be good. Even though I doubt you have any pro-russian parties in your parliament to begin with
    Noone will want to be pro-Russian when Russia is waging a war in a neighbouring country and threatens NATO repeatedly.
    No matter the sympathies/antipathies one has it would be a political suicide at the moment.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That's what I speak of. Also a reason why I never vote for any party because I have liberal or conservative or democrat or (place the label here) feelings.

I usually vote for a party that would need a few hundred or thousand votes just to pass the threshold for parliament as my goal is to just not allow those politicians from big parties to stay in parliament for far too long (I know a single vote is irrelevant, but if few thousand people have same opinion it can work). They should never feel comfortable because if they do then they will fuck up life for everyone else. They have ez jobs. They should be feared for the political & legislative decisions they make (at least here in Serbia many of these top tier politicians are too arrogant so this should be like a life lesson). However, it only works if there's a critical mass that I spoke of.
    Indeed, a political class is always like this. This is why a strong competition is needed in the politics, if not even a good government will just turn more and more corrupt.

In our case the problem is both the still-ruling party, PiS, and the (most likely) one to replace it ,PO, have ruled for 8 years each so you bet they are not there for really improving things but rather for getting all the benefits of ruling.
    Both the current prime minister, Morawiecki, and the most likely person to become a new prime minister, Tusk, are known for not exactly speaking the truth.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh View Post
    I don't care. There will always be pro-something. I just don't want some party to have absolute majority to do whatever they are pleased with our lives (or my life to be more specific, I don't like to invade other people lives unless they are someone for who I care for).
    So for that matter, I don't care what happens in Ukraine or Israel in the way you might do (if that's why you are anti-Russian).

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneton View Post
    Indeed, a political class is always like this. This is why a strong competition is needed in the politics, if not even a good government will just turn more and more corrupt.

In our case the problem is both the still-ruling party, PiS, and the (most likely) one to replace it ,PO, have ruled for 8 years each so you bet they are not there for really improving things but rather for getting all the benefits of ruling.
    Both the current prime minister, Morawiecki, and the most likely person to become a new prime minister, Tusk, are known for not exactly speaking the truth.
    Yes, I get your point. However, look at that this way. Morawiecki has not felt what its like to be overthrown. Tusk has (if I remember well he or his party was once in majority before current party). So he has been punished for his mistakes, and now perhaps he learnt something new. Morawiecki still didn't reached to that lesson.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, I get your point. However, look at that this way. Morawiecki has not felt what its like to be overthrown. Tusk has (if I remember well he or his party was once in majority before current party). So he has been punished for his mistakes, and now perhaps he learnt something new. Morawiecki still didn't reached to that lesson.
    Well there is certainly a logic in what you wrote here, but I'm afraid most of the time things don't work like this in politics. More like those same people behaves the same way just changing the slogans and claims they make based on what's currently popular.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information