Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,994
    Given: 12,780

0 Not allowed!

I can't be bothered to read the entire thread. What study did he take? 29 questions? And how did the OP hook him up? How was this taken? I get the impression it wasn't administered by a psychometrician (in person).

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,038

2 Not allowed!

Morty belongs to the white race. His Indian is scarce. I have friends and acquaintances who are 1/4 Gypsies. Very smart people with a good profession and career. Otherwise, I agree with the Foreigner, since I studied at the university with the SSA. They could not master elementary subjects and topics.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Swamps
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Hero
    sprinkle sprinkle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,084
    Given: 1,175

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by true_southron View Post
    Although she is wrong about race as a concept, she is correct about everything else basically. At this point the way psychology deals with concept of intelligence and intelligence testing (IQ test) is basically comparable to what phrenology was back in the days. Maybe a teenie weenie more serious.
    The concept of race as we understand it now, arouse with the expansion of colonialism and the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Prior to that, if you look far back enough in history say, your own country, people were referred and categorized not by race but rather their place of origin or ethnicity/nationality. I think to fully understand that this is a concept, you have to realize that there are many interpretations of race. In America, a white person is not just a European person. Being phenotypically North Euro eg having blond hair/light eyes/white skin is not enough for some to call you "white". Because "white" is a colonial term. We had a discussion about it in our Intercultural Communication class. Our professor made us do an experiment. We had to classify people in our class (merely 90 students) as "white" and "non-white". White students classified as "white" everyone who is of European origin eg Italian, Russian, Polish, German etc. Students of color/hispanics only classified as "white" those who were classically colonial Americans e.g. WASPs. All others regardless of European origins were "non-white" to them. I agree with classification based on origins/genetics, but an old concepts of races is open to an interpretation and varies from country to country.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,269
    Given: 4,558

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by true_southron View Post
    At this point the way psychology deals with concept of intelligence and intelligence testing (IQ test) is basically comparable to what phrenology was back in the days.
    WISC tests are very reliable and are used by government in my country to recruit students for special high schools that only accept 150+ IQ students. https://www-cumhuriyet-com-tr.transl..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Though brain is more than just calculation power but there are different kind of IQ and related tests anyways.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Swamps
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Hero
    sprinkle sprinkle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,084
    Given: 1,175

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheForeigner View Post
    People that say that are either ideologically driven against IQ tests because they don't like the racial gap in IQ tests or are just plain stupid themselves. That is all I am gonna say on this matter.
    There is no valid studies on IQ differences because in order to conduct them, you need all subjects to be in similar environmental and social conditions. Most AA/SSA live in conditions very different from a typical middle class euro child. The needs and priorities are just different. If your basic needs are barely met and you live in scarcity, it will affect your intellect and development. If mother has substance abuse issues or malnourished, the effect on the child would be similar. I do not believe in genetically low IQ. If disparity exists, it's environmental and cultural more than genetic. There are anecdotal examples of SSA children raised by European American couples and these children do amazing. More research is needed imo to draw definitive conclusions. There is not enough evidence for me.

Edit: I might not have the highest IQ, but I realize that calling someone stupid does not make me smart.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-23-2023 @ 08:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Replicant
    Ethnicity
    Replicant
    Country
    Japan
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

400 bucks for just an IQ test. I think it's dumb to take these tests by paying such a ridiculous amount of money. If you really don't need them for something,

Two years I was bored during the pandemic and decided to take an IQ test online on this site: https://iq-test-international.org/eng_test?gad=1*
    I scored 125 on this. Still, it's probably not on the same level as a clinical IQ test conducted by a licensed psychologist.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-23-2023 @ 08:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Replicant
    Ethnicity
    Replicant
    Country
    Japan
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

By the way, How good is Cambridge's IQ test? Link is below.

https://discovermyprofile.com/tests

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    ????
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 453
    Given: 559

1 Not allowed!

Paying for an IQ test is effectively a low IQ move. REAL people are never concerned about what others think and are most sure of themselves in their abilities.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 632

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vessna View Post
    The concept of race as we understand it now, arouse with the expansion of colonialism and the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Prior to that, if you look far back enough in history say, your own country, people were referred and categorized not by race but rather their place of origin or ethnicity/nationality. I think to fully understand that this is a concept, you have to realize that there are many interpretations of race. In America, a white person is not just a European person. Being phenotypically North Euro eg having blond hair/light eyes/white skin is not enough for some to call you "white". Because "white" is a colonial term. We had a discussion about it in our Intercultural Communication class. Our professor made us do an experiment. We had to classify people in our class (merely 90 students) as "white" and "non-white". White students classified as "white" everyone who is of European origin eg Italian, Russian, Polish, German etc. Students of color/hispanics only classified as "white" those who were classically colonial Americans e.g. WASPs. All others regardless of European origins were "non-white" to them. I agree with classification based on origins/genetics, but an old concepts of races is open to an interpretation and varies from country to country.
    There was definitively recorded concept of race back during Roman period. When Romans described themselves in contrast to Germanic and Carthagianian people they mentioned differences in skin color and some of the characteristics regarding stereotypical behaviour linked with members of this or that nation. So it was not as same as this colonial concept of a race but they did have an understanding of a race.

Anyway, denying race today is denying genetics as it is. However, linking quite nebulous concept such as intelligence to race is funny. We don't have full understanding about our own brain and thus we don't have precise test that would give you an answer to the levels of individual intelligence. Let alone when you group it using dated phrenology concepts like the Romanian fellow tries to link it.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,038

0 Not allowed!

My American relatives (they are Ukrainians) told me that whites in America are friends only with each other. Ukrainians/Russians/Poles are especially friendly with each other, they understand each other well. The remaining whites are in second place. There is almost no friendship with colored people. It's true?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information