I’ve decided to invest in FamilyTreeDNA’s Big Y-700 and am currently waiting for the (final) results. I’ve received no email about any results being available, but when I randomly logged in to my account today, I’ve noticed it said Results Completed: October 24, 2023 in the Paternal Line Ancestry section. I suspect the Y12–Y111 part of the analysis may be completed, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions too quickly; although, at 23 days, it falls within the typical results processing time of 3–6 weeks, as stated on FTDNA’s website. Since I’ve learnt that Big Y results are not truly complete even when you get the email notification — I’ve heard from people online that it takes up to three weeks after that to get the final picture, at least match-wise — I’d be grateful for some feedback from those who have also tested.

To get to the point, when I click to see my Y-DNA matches, I only get them for 12 and 25 markers. I can also see my Y-STR results from markers 1 to 111 (the higher ones are awaiting lab results, which is expected).

My question is whether I can expect this to be the final list of matches (for Y12–Y111) — excluding subsequent new testers, of course — or do they need more time to find them for higher levels, i.e. 37 and beyond.