Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greece is recovering, but there is a cost of living crisis making everything harder

Banned
    Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 632

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    It makes no sense to cover us up, especially when they lose money from us. They had us on bailout programs so as to secure the last penny for debt repayments. In the last 5 years however we pay our debts on our own. Why? We simply don't want a fourth bailout, that's one, and second, things have to get moving at once.
    I have a question for you. Are you student of economy?

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 450

1 Not allowed!

All of these you mentioned still have significantly lower nominal GDP per capita, while in purchasing power parity terms they're still either way lower or marginally (the difference is more or less than 1k) higher.

For our growth: that's what I said. We're catching up to pre crisis levels, which were much higher than that of these countries are in right now.

As for the workforce... Good job buddy, but we're in the top 5 in the Union of people having a tertiary degree, with none of these countries surpassing us. Let alone most countries in the EU itself.

Foreign investments are the one thing not decreasing at all. The stock of FDI was at 49 billion euros last year, which was the highest in 31 years, while the inflows for 2022 alone was at 7.5 bln, also the highest in 3 decades (https://unctadstat.unctad.org/Countr...300/index.html)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	124194

U dont know wat u are talking about do u?
    Greece is the last in Per-Parity GDP in EU, together with Bulgaria. This means Greek citizens who live within Greece are the poorest in EU by purchasing power in their country.
    Now if u are taling about Nominal GDP, we are 4th from the bottom, only above Bulgaria,Romania and Croatia.
    I dont know where u are living, but i am residing in Greece

Last Online
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by true_southron View Post
    I have a question for you. Are you student of economy?
    Not in economics, but a student nonetheless.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 450

1 Not allowed!

All of these you mentioned still have significantly lower nominal GDP per capita, while in purchasing power parity terms they're still either way lower or marginally (the difference is more or less than 1k) higher.

For our growth: that's what I said. We're catching up to pre crisis levels, which were much higher than that of these countries are in right now.

As for the workforce... Good job buddy, but we're in the top 5 in the Union of people having a tertiary degree, with none of these countries surpassing us. Let alone most countries in the EU itself.

Foreign investments are the one thing not decreasing at all. The stock of FDI was at 49 billion euros last year, which was the highest in 31 years, while the inflows for 2022 alone was at 7.5 bln, also the highest in 3 decades (https://unctadstat.unctad.org/Countr...300/index.html)
    Tertiary degree, but most of these people, leave for Northern Europe, very few actually stay in Greece.
    We have literally the least educated youth as a whole in EU, phus we have the WORST performing rate, the WORST student assesments in all three metrics of 1) literacy,2) maths,3) physics and all the rest subclades, in EU.
    Your patriotic paranoia, has blinded u from the facts. Instead i would suggest, u stoped supported these brainwashed peeps, called modern Greeks, and u change your national consiousnes into Bulgarian, since there is NOTHING to be proud of for this Bewolgerum, mass of goyms

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	124194

U dont know wat u are talking about do u?
    Greece is the last in Per-Parity GDP in EU, together with Bulgaria. This means Greek citizens who live within Greece are the poorest in EU by purchasing power in their country.
    Now if u are taling about Nominal GDP, we are 4th from the bottom, only above Bulgaria,Romania and Croatia.
    I dont know where u are living, but i am residing in Greece
    You post a map, and not the numbers themselves. Even if you zoom in the map, you'll see 3 other member states on the same colour pattern with us. Plus, if you actually posted the numbers themselves, you'd see we are literally just less than 1k in difference. Or in the case of Czechia and Lithuania, 4k at most.

For nominal GDP, that's not the case, keep trying. All of these countries, including 2 others have the same or lower GDP in nominal terms as us. Plus, because we do have the fastest growth rate in the Eurozone at the moment, it's more than likely that we will surpass them... Again.

And yes, I also reside in Greece, thank you very much, good night
    Last edited by Zeno; 10-29-2023 at 10:00 AM.
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 632

0 Not allowed!

Not in economics, but a student nonetheless.
    No, I just wanted to know if you're economics student because they are taught to look at economy very linearly (not in Greece, or in Balkans, everywhere - even US).

All of those things mentioned in the video are making Greece almost impossible to return the so huge debt (via EUR or USD).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by true_southron View Post
    No, I just wanted to know if you're economics student because they are taught to look at economy very linearly (not in Greece, or in Balkans, everywhere - even US).

All of those things mentioned in the video are making Greece almost impossible to return the so huge debt (via EUR or USD).
    Well, in my school at uni (I study political science), we have been taught a bit of macroeconomics. At one subject in the second semester, and right now, at international political economy, we are taught all of this basically.

As for the video: the main aspect of the Greek government debt is the interest rates and the time period needed to repay it. Right now, Greek interest rates are extremely low, meaning the government won't need nearly as much resources as a percentage of its revenue to repay the debt and thanks to that in return has significantly reduced the time it's needed to repay it, or in short, its sustainability. Right now, because our debt is reducing it's starting to be as reliable as say, American debt, which is rising dramatically at the moment.

That's why you've seen the Greek debt go from 210% to almost 145% according to Standard&Poor's estimations. Because it's as a whole way more sustainable than in the past.
    - Επίκουρος

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!

Just move to Turkey everything is cheaper there, even the woman!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information