Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,945
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Apocalypto Loki?!
    Where do you get your cues for Reality from? – Hollywood films!?

There is a Buddhist saying that - words are only fingers pointing at the Moon but not the Moon itself.
    Can you comprehend the difference?

It is also like the belief in Trinity in concept/mind/thought/belief only because unless you personally experience Trinity ‘in action’ or at least get a glimpse of it – you’d know/realize how true/apt “The Cosmic Dance” description is in practice.
    ‘Hearing’ the ‘Tuneless Tune of The Universe’
    Witnessing the (synchronistic. energetic) ‘Dance’ of it.
    Being ‘The Dancer’ (action of it).

I have no doubt Jesus embodied/was awarely functioning in all three aspects of Trinity.

When the Orthodox hermit monks arrived at our shores, we had no problem with Christianity, nor they with us, although we thought Jesus was a Shaman, who had died – as shamans do – to serve the “I AM” (The Absolute Reality/Trinity).

People who have had NDS’s are similar to shamanic experiences in this life, not just in the afterlife.

But the “Cosmic Dance”, the Light radiating even from every atom of the blade of grass, the direct inner knowing beyond words, the presence of the Absolute, The “I AM” … the Unconditional Love of it …
    None of these Real experiences ring any bells for you …. All you can talk about is Demons, how come?
    Were you a drug addict, an alcoholic? Did you dabble in some occult stuff?
    Jesus IS the I AM. When you understand this, you will have no more of these questions for me.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 08:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SPARTAN II & SPARTAN III
    Ethnicity
    bro
    Ancestry
    iberian + amerindian with minor iranic and east euro admix
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    R0
    Taxonomy
    Rather tall, meso-brachyskelic, ecto-meso
    Politics
    Guns
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 923
    Given: 1,156

2 Not allowed!

Well … what’s the use of the right religion, if you cannot exalt yourself to Heavens and condemn others to Hell for Eternity ….
    Huh? No one can 'exalt themselves' to the Heavens. That's the problem with why you fail to understand Christianity and always try to see it through the lens of New Ageism. Sure you can do many things to improve your life, but you're still a sinner, if you murder someone you're still a murderer, the murder doesn't get undone, you trying to atone for your sins humanly (which sin is a much much much bigger deal to an infinitely pure being than a sinful human being) is like a child murderer trying to make up with 5$ and a greetings card. That's the whole point of why God took the sins of the world (for those who accept it) because it's not humanely possible to erase sin no matter what you do, ever, it's only something God can do.

Perhaps you do not like the idea of God because you are afraid of what he might say about you on judgement day so you mitigate the fear by saying that God isn't actually God but some kind of mystical concept or force instead of a personal being. Or you have some mistaken perceptions about God, I also had them, thinking the God of the Bible was out there wanting to make my life miserable or was a slave master. Not sure if this applies to you or not, it's not true, God wants relationship and he understands our weaknesses, he is not some maniacal cruel slave master. God's essence is love (but you cannot love goodness if you do not hate what rapes/abuses goodness, this is why God absolutley hates sin). What problem do you have Christianity? Almost all the time someone is resistant to Christianity as you are is an emotional problem at the core (nothing wrong with that, we are not robots after all, saying all human emotions are invalid sounds like a pretty gross farce to me).

We do not wish you go to Hell at all, it's mentioned as a way of saying that sin exists and there is no all-grey morality (aka subjective morality aka no morality) but that there is a good and evil and right and wrong, children understand that instinctively, and so do most humans who choose to not suppress their conscience. Loki brings up demons because there are many things that proove God's existence, love, which I try to focus on, but also demonic encounters and the supernatural is very solid proof that God and the Bible are true, as Loki usually speaks about, God can use many different things to speak to people's hearts about his existence.

I do not like this new age ideology, it all always gave me vain 'fluff' vibes like vanishing distant illusion that isn't really even much appealing tbh, even when I was not a Christian.
    Last edited by HectorOfTroy; 12-10-2023 at 03:10 AM.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HectorOfTroy View Post
    Huh? No one can 'exalt themselves' to the Heavens.
    Ah, that was a joke, be it a sarcastic one …

What problem do you have Christianity?
    I don’t have a problem with Christianity as such, only that beliefs in mental concepts are not enough, personal experiences are necessary to know the truth about them.

Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 08:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SPARTAN II & SPARTAN III
    Ethnicity
    bro
    Ancestry
    iberian + amerindian with minor iranic and east euro admix
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    R0
    Taxonomy
    Rather tall, meso-brachyskelic, ecto-meso
    Politics
    Guns
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 923
    Given: 1,156

1 Not allowed!

I don’t have a problem with Christianity as such, only that beliefs in mental concepts are not enough, personal experiences are necessary to know the truth about them.
    No they are not enough on their own. To say so would mean that humans could exalt themselves to the heavens (works based salvation).

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

No they are not enough on their own. To say so would mean that humans could exalt themselves to the heavens (works based salvation).
    But aren’t we back into the mental concepts here again …. & who is and who isn't conceptually ‘right’?
    The Protestants being ‘right’ are assured to go to Heaven because of their Faith & belief in Grace.
    The Catholics being iffy because they rely on Faith & their belief in Good Works.
    No?

I had posted this video before as I loved this sermon on THE Light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e7j...OrthodoxChurch

The Light that permeates and illumines ALL – doesn’t divide. It cannot. And nobody, no thing can own it.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

3 Not allowed!

You actually do have personal experiences.

Why did monks become monks..... mainly because at their young age while on prayer Jesus came into their dreams. From there it was life-mission longing of being closer to God because nothing else is valid.

Jesus has come into my dreams,my wifes dreams, my parents dreams... and this in essence is the next step of a Christians life.

Jesus doesn't come into your dreams unless you want him in there. But once he enters that realm of relationship it's stuck with you forever.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Jesus has come into my dreams,my wifes dreams, my parents dreams... and this in essence is the next step of a Christians life.
    We should not trust the dreams, it's often the way devil deceives the people throwing them to the prelest. devil can easily take the picture of saints, Jesus Christ. Dreams should be taken neutrally. Who we are to be visited by Jesus Christ? That's the way we should think about ourselves. That's the guidances of Holy Fathers.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We should not trust the dreams, it's often the way devil deceives the people throwing them to the prelest. devil can easily take the picture of saints, Jesus Christ. Dreams should be taken neutrally.
    All monks had it and very natural for Jesus to come into your realm and give you the light.

Its not a feeling one can explain and polar opposite of the devil.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Tradra

0 Not allowed!

Orthodox seem to have a strong aversion to dreams which is fine because I've encountered many deceiving demons in dreams myself, but it is also written that in the end times the Lord will pour out his spirit on the world and young men will see visions and old men will dream dreams and prophesy.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    All monks had it and very natural for Jesus to come into your realm and give you the light.

Its not a feeling one can explain and polar opposite of the devil.
    Both regular people and monks were deceived by demons in their dreams. There are even exact instructions by Holy Fathers how to react to such dreams, what to respond to the visitor, what to ask the visitor. Every of them should put the sign of Holy Cross over them by demand. Also, very few of us will calmly experience the presence of angels, by our unholiness and uncleanness most of us would be barely able to look at them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information