Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Venezuelans from Miranda State (Final Version)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Italian, an 1/8th Swiss German, a bit of Croatian, a bit of English, a bit of Spanish and a 1/4 Han
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,841
    Given: 3,090

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Chacao municipality, however, is currently very safe (one of the safest places in Venezuela). Check this video:

That only rich people live in Chacao, like the youtuber seems to suggest in his video, is an exaggeration (LOL). My Spanish aunt grandma (RIP) who was cousin of my Spanish maternal grandma, lived in a very normal middle class apartment in Chacao, which I frequently visited when she was alive and I was back in Venezuela, just saying.

Then, the cases of the municipalities of Baruta and El Hatillo (in southeastern Caracas) are somewhat different on that respect, since the subway system doesn't cover most of those two municipalities (with the exception of Colinas de Bello Monte, in northern Baruta, that now has a newly built subway station that is part of a new line of the Caracas subway system), because the geography of those two municipalities is very mountainous, and they have in general a more suburban landscape and way of life: streets and avenues (with almost no people walking in those streets but most people moving by car) going up or down hills (due to the mountainous geography of those two municipalities) through residential areas, alternating with shopping centers distant from each other, but with some few exceptions of some few specific areas with many businesses and people walking on the streets, like the town of Baruta (capital of the municipality of Baruta), the town of El Hatillo (capital of the municipality of El Hatillo), the favela of Las Minas (an exception of a poor area in the municipality of Baruta, but that is an animated area with many business and people walking in its streets), the lower parts of the "urbanizacion" Colinas de Bello Monte in northern Baruta, and the area of Las Mercedes, also in northern Baruta (these two areas for being more plain than the majority of the rest of the municipality, and being close to the crowded areas of the valley of Caracas).
    I've just realized that East Caracas can be compared to Misiones Province racially (at least in terms of European ancestry.) Both areas have around 1 million people and around a quarter are pure criollos. The main difference is that whites from Misiones are German, Polish and Ukrainian and the mestizos have no African ancestry.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,505
    Given: 36,953

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    I've just realized that East Caracas can be compared to Misiones Province racially (at least in terms of European ancestry.) Both areas have around 1 million people and around a quarter are pure criollos. The main difference is that whites from Misiones are German, Polish and Ukrainian and the mestizos have no African ancestry.
    If we rule out the favela of Petare and other satellite smaller favelas (in the municipality of Sucre), and other small favelas like Las Minas and La Palomera (both of them within the Baruta municipality) the people of middle to upper class in eastern Caracas aren't probably as much as 1 million, but I'm sure they are at least like 700,000 people (probably more).

Also, not that everybody in those favelas are African mixed people. There is everything in there, even some mestizo people, and even some few whites. For surprising that it might sound, I remember when I attended a primary school back in Caracas, that a Spanish female teacher that we had (yes, and old woman from Spain), she lived in the small favela of Las Minas (in Baruta), and I also remember a female classmate when I was back in high school, who was daughter of Portuguese parents and she also lived in the favela of Las Minas. Keep in mind that not all people in those favelas live in very poor dwellings. There are some modest apartment buildings in there, normal paved streets, shops, and all that, and that Spanish teacher (when I was in primary school) and the female former classmate of mine, daughter of Portuguese parents (when I was in high school) they both lived in normal small apartment buildings within that favela.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Italian, an 1/8th Swiss German, a bit of Croatian, a bit of English, a bit of Spanish and a 1/4 Han
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If we rule out the favela of Petare and other satellite smaller favelas (in the municipality of Sucre), and other small favelas like Las Minas and La Palomera (both of them within the Baruta municipality) the people of middle to upper class in eastern Caracas aren't probably as much as 1 million, but I'm sure they are at least like 700,000 people (probably more).

Also, not that everybody in those favelas are African mixed people. There is everything in there, even some mestizo people, and even some few whites. For surprising that it might sound, I remember when I attended a primary school back in Caracas, that a Spanish female teacher that we had (yes, and old woman from Spain), she lived in the small favela of Las Minas (in Baruta), and I also remember a female classmate when I was back in high school, who was daughter of Portuguese parents and she also lived in the favela of Las Minas. Keep in mind that not all people in those favelas live in very poor dwellings. There are some modest apartment buildings in there, normal paved streets, shops, and all that, and that Spanish teacher (when I was in primary school) and the female former classmate of mine, daughter of Portuguese parents (when I was in high school) they both lived in normal small apartment buildings within that favela.
    In East Caracas how many people would you estimate are middle to upper class? And it sucks that that girl and teacher had to live in a slum even though they lived in nice apartments. You never know what can happen in a bad part of town.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

In East Caracas how many people would you estimate are middle to upper class? And it sucks that that girl and teacher had to live in a slum even though they lived in nice apartments. You never know what can happen in a bad part of town.
    Like around 500K live in favelas, perhaps (adding up Petare and small favelas around Petare like Caucaguita, La Dolorita, etc, and the small favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera in Baruta).

Like 700K or more are middle to upper class, if we add up the population or the municipalities of Chacao, most of Baruta (excluding the small favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera), El Hatillo, and the middle class part of the municipality of Sucre (parish of Leoncio Martinez and the middle class "urbanizaciones" of Palo Verde, Miranda, Terrazas del Avila, Lomas del Avila, etc).

Las Minas never has been that bad, since it is a small favela of only 4 square Kilometers, and surrounded in all directions by middle/upper class neighborhoods (urbanizaciones), and as I have said is not a place of extreme poverty, but is a place where streets are paved, with sport fields, with many business like small super markets, locksmith stores, stationery stores, mechanical workshops, bakeries, etc. I posted a video of this favela at the end of page 10 (post number 100). I see it on the positive side: that even in there there are some few white people, aside of some mestizos (not only black admixed people).

Here is the video of Las Minas again:

Spoiler!

IDK, maybe when Venezuela was very very bad (period between 2014-2017) things got worse in there, and most of the white people like them (the two females that I mentioned) left, but currently (that Venezuela is doing better) things are maybe not that bad in there nowadays.

PD: The municipality of Baruta has more than 530,000 inhabitants. Lets say that around 100,000 people live in the favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera, and the remaining 400k+ of the population of the municipality of Baruta are middle to upper class people who live in middle to upper class neighborhoods (called "urbanizaciones" in Venezuela).
    Last edited by alnortedelsur; 02-24-2024 at 05:08 AM.
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin, Han
    Ethnicity
    Italian, 1/4 Chinese
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J L25
    mtDNA
    H20a
    Taxonomy
    Alpine Med
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Giuseppe Garibaldi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Like around 500K live in favelas, perhaps (adding up Petare and small favelas around Petare like Caucaguita, La Dolorita, etc, and the small favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera in Baruta).

Like 700K or more are middle to upper class, if we add up the population or the municipalities of Chacao, most of Baruta (excluding the small favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera), El Hatillo, and the middle class part of the municipality of Sucre (parish of Leoncio Martinez and the middle class "urbanizaciones" of Palo Verde, Miranda, Terrazas del Avila, Lomas del Avila, etc).

Las Minas never has been that bad, since it is a small favela of only 4 square Kilometers, and surrounded in all directions by middle/upper class neighborhoods (urbanizaciones), and as I have said is not a place of extreme poverty, but is a place where streets are paved, with sport fields, with many business like small super markets, locksmith stores, stationery stores, mechanical workshops, bakeries, etc. I posted a video of this favela at the end of page 10 (post number 100). I see it on the positive side: that even in there there are some few white people, aside of some mestizos (not only black admixed people).

Here is the video of Las Minas again:

Spoiler!

IDK, maybe when Venezuela was very very bad (period between 2014-2017) things got worse in there, and most of the white people like them (the two females that I mentioned) left, but currently (that Venezuela is doing better) things are maybe not that bad in there nowadays.

PD: The municipality of Baruta has more than 530,000 inhabitants. Lets say that around 100,000 people live in the favelas of Las Minas and La Palomera, and the remaining 400k+ of the population of the municipality of Baruta are middle to upper class people who live in middle to upper class neighborhoods (called "urbanizaciones" in Venezuela).
    Surprisingly the people of Minas don't look that black, they look more mestizo. Are many of them of Colombian origin?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Surprisingly the people of Minas don't look that black, they look more mestizo. Are many of them of Colombian origin?
    Yeap! I told you there is everything in there. And same goes for Petare, the biggest favela in Caracas, and other favelas in western Caracas (in the Libertador municipality).

I would bet that the blackest people in those slums are of Afro Colombian origin, and the more mestizo looking ones are more authentic Venezuelans.

Not saying that non-white Venezuelans are mostly mestizos, but mestizo leaning triracials, some more triracial people like Chavez, plus some authentic mestizo people too. The only very black leaning people who are authentically Venezuelans (before the massive Afro colombian immigration that Venezuela suffered for decades) are/were the people of the few lowland coastal pockets like Barlovento (in the very east of Miranda state), the small coastal towns in the coastal line of the states of Vargas, Aragua and Carabobo, the southern parts of the eastern coast of Zulia state, eastern Sucre state, etc.

I don't rule out that some mestizo Colombians also immigrated to Venezuela, but yet I insist that most of the heavily black mixed people outside of the few heavily African lowland coastal pockets that Venezuela has, are people of Afro Colombian origin.
    Last edited by alnortedelsur; 02-24-2024 at 06:39 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

El Jarillo (Altitud media: 1600 msnm) es un pueblo de descendientes de Alemanes localizado en el municipio Guaicaipuro del estado Miranda, en la zona conocida como Los Altos Mirandinos (circulo azul en el mapa de relieve en la primera pagina de este hilo). Pueden verse en el video a algunas personas entrevistadas, que son descendientes de Alemanes, oriundos de ese pueblo:

German descendants from the German town of El Jarillo, located in the municipality of Guaicaipuro, in the area known as Los Altos Mirandinos (Miranda's highlands), in the very west of Miranda state, and only one hour and a half southwest from Caracas:

Just like the Colonia Tovar is the German town from Aragua state, El Jarillo is the German town from Miranda state. It was founded by some people from Colonia Tovar, who moved eastwards through the mountains to found this other German town.
    Last edited by alnortedelsur; 02-25-2024 at 03:29 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Como decia, entre por un lado el extremo este de Miranda (Barlovento) que es bastante Africano, y por otro lado las partes mas occidentales del estado Miranda, que son mas de predominio mestizo/Euro-mestizo/Blanco (mayor parte del este de Caracas, excluyendo Petare y otras barriadas menores, mas los altos Mirandinos), hay una zona intermedia que es como una transicion entre esos dos extremos, que es obviamente mas Africana que los Altos Mirandinos y las zonas bien del este de Caracas, pero al mismo tiempo es bastante menos Africana que Barlovento, y esa area intermedia abarcaria el eje Guarenas-Guatire, la barriada de Petare (y otras barriadas menores en el este de Caracas), y los valles del Tuy.

Otro par de videos de la favela de Petare, en el extremo este de Caracas. Insisto de nuevo, que aunque hay presencia notable de mezcla Africana, incluyendo buen numero de gente con alta mezcla Africana, igualmente no es tan fuertemente Africana como mucha gente piensa...

En este video, de hace apenas dos dias, aunque puede apreciarse mucha gente con alta mezcla Africana, cualquiera que tenga la paciencia suficiente de mirarlo de principio a fin, y estudiar el aspecto de todas las personas que salen en el video, podra observar montones de personas que estan lejos de poder ser catalogadas como negras o predominantemente negras: buen numero de triraciales mestizoides, y una presencia tambien notable de buen numero de gente mestiza, e incluso alguna que otra persona blanca. Podemos decir, basandonos en este video, que incluso Petare es al menos notablemente menos Africano que lugares como La Habana o Santo Domingo:

Via-crucis que se realiza durante todos los viernes santos, en la barriada de Petare:

Last edited by alnortedelsur; 04-17-2024 at 06:10 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information