Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question to Apricians: What does this language sound to you like?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 187

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    I think you are confusing actual Persians with people who just adopted farsi and spoke it. From what I've seen the only thing about them being Persian is the language, rather their culture , demenour and almost everything else is like their surrounding neighbours.

People all over Nangarhar can understand and speak Pashto, I don't think that's adopting it, it's just the Lingua Franca like Dari is
    Persian= speaks persian as your native language

Otherwise tajiks in panjshir and many rural in badakhshan arent tajiks, who only started to speak persian 300-100 years ago.

If the people in Jalalabad prioritize parsi over pashto, then they are parsiwans. I do get curious though, how does your father know that? When I look at this district info, most of Jalalabad are identified as pashtuns? Did he really move all over Jalalabad?

https://web.archive.org/web/20051027.../jalalabad.pdf

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,319
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
    Persian= speaks persian as your native language

Otherwise tajiks in panjshir and many rural in badakhshan arent tajiks, who only started to speak persian 300-100 years ago.

If the people in Jalalabad prioritize parsi over pashto, then they are parsiwans. I do get curious though, how does your father know that? When I look at this district info, most of Jalalabad are identified as pashtuns? Did he really move all over Jalalabad?

https://web.archive.org/web/20051027.../jalalabad.pdf
    Yeah but by Tajik we mean panjshiris, Badakshis, Parwan, Kapisa etc who all share very similar looks, dialect, accent and culture.

Keep in mind my father was telling stories from back in the 70's and 80's. I also don't know how accurate this information is but there are alot of farsi speakers in nangarhar m

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah but by Tajik we mean panjshiris, Badakshis, Parwan, Kapisa etc who all share very similar looks, dialect, accent and culture.

Keep in mind my father was telling stories from back in the 70's and 80's. I also don't know how accurate this information is but there are alot of farsi speakers in nangarhar m
    Are you sure your dad just wasnt in a neighbourhood filled with tajiks?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Are you sure your dad just wasnt in a neighbourhood filled with tajiks?
    No, even I know this that jalalabad aren't all pashtuns, there's Alot of farsi speakers . For instance people from behsud are all farsi speakers

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, even I know this that jalalabad aren't all pashtuns, there's Alot of farsi speakers . For instance people from behsud are all farsi speakers
    How you exactly know? You been all over Jalalabad and behsud? You asked people? Did people tell you guys that?

Hoodrat Latina (Vlach Descendant)
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic (Czech to Mexican)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    PAWG
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 801
    Given: 279

2 Not allowed!

It may be due to confirmation bias. Maybe our brains are filling in information we aren't sure about with "Arabic" because of how the people are dressed and the script used. If it was just a voice clip maybe so many of us wouldn't be saying it reminds us of Arabic.
    It's Modelo Negra time

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How you exactly know? You been all over Jalalabad and behsud? You asked people? Did people tell you guys that?
    Why are you always so defensive ? My relatives ( non blood related ) are from behsud ( the ones I spoke about). Ask anyone who actually has a clue about mashriqis and they will tell you the same thing. My father also studied in Jalalabad university and his brother is currently living there as we speak. So I think I know a tad more than you..no?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why are you always so defensive ? My relatives ( non blood related ) are from behsud ( the ones I spoke about). Ask anyone who actually has a clue about mashriqis and they will tell you the same thing. My father also studied in Jalalabad university and his brother is currently living there as we speak. So I think I know a tad more than you..no?
    I would be defensive if I said you were wrong.

Im really just wondering how you exactly know this? The district info link of Jalalabad I posted before had 85%+ people listed as pashtuns. This is the first time I hear most of Jalalabad being parsiwans? They just know most of Jalalabad is parsiwan?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I would be defensive if I said you were wrong.

Im really just wondering how you exactly know this? The district info link of Jalalabad I posted before had 85%+ people listed as pashtuns. This is the first time I hear most of Jalalabad being parsiwans? They just know most of Jalalabad is parsiwan?
    Why are you saying parsiwan? It's Farsiwan bro .

Secondly , I'm just conveying what my father said, and no, he's not a ethnic nationalist on either side, he just said it and even I was surprised . Keep in mind, Alot of native jalalabadis aren't actually living in jalalabad anymore, alot of them have moved to the west especially UK. Alot of my dad's friends are from Nangarhar, and to be honest, now that I remember the ones I know of, they are "Arabs" and speak farsi, but they also know Pashto fluently . Regarding his other friends I haven't met them nor know them , ofcourse there are pashtuns from.nangarhar like shinwaris, khogyanis etc

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why are you saying parsiwan? It's Farsiwan bro .

Secondly , I'm just conveying what my father said, and no, he's not a ethnic nationalist on either side, he just said it and even I was surprised . Keep in mind, Alot of native jalalabadis aren't actually living in jalalabad anymore, alot of them have moved to the west especially UK. Alot of my dad's friends are from Nangarhar, and to be honest, now that I remember the ones I know of, they are "Arabs" and speak farsi, but they also know Pashto fluently . Regarding his other friends I haven't met them nor know them , ofcourse there are pashtuns from.nangarhar like shinwaris, khogyanis etc
    Im just writing it without the arabic influence.

Them being "ethnic Arabs" makes sense they speak persian. If the city was mostly inhabitated by Arabs, it makes sense then. Some of course end up being tajiks.
    Still interesting how info on Jalalabad shows its 85% pashtun, while even Behsud is 50% Arab and tajik.

Arabs dont look different to pashtuns though?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information