English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,463
    Given: 5,793

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Gracile Meds are virtually absent in Ireland and the alpines you post are mostly underage girls. Do you honestly think Irish have more a connection to the Arab world than other European populations do? Interested in your answer.
    I agree gracile meds are rare in Ireland compared to England and Wales where they are slightly more common. I do think the Irish have more arab looks i.e sometimes thick eyebrows and quite large eyes than do Scandinavians or Germans, this is probably because of genetic drift and re emergence of types.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    I don't care what the Irish have ("gracile meds and alpines" or whatever else).
    Irish and Arabs do not look like each other to any great extent. I have seen countless Arabs in person in Arab countries.
    Of course, the large majority are very swarthy but there are lighter types who are related to Irish

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,594
    Given: 29,041

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    I agree gracile meds are rare in Ireland compared to England and Wales where they are slightly more common. I do think the Irish have more arab looks i.e sometimes thick eyebrows and quite large eyes than do Scandinavians or Germans, this is probably because of genetic drift and re emergence of types.
    So Arab looks means thick eyebrows and larger eyes? As if those are traits that only certain populations have and anyway they aren't even something that would be statistically more common in the Irish than other European populations.

If the Irish were not one of the most distant European populations to Arabs I might think you could make a connection but you're talking nonsense above which I'm sure you know. I agree with Anglo-Celtic and think you're doing a big troll here and that is giving you the benefit of a doubt because the alternative is a lot less flattering.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,594
    Given: 29,041

0 Not allowed!

Of course, the large majority are very swarthy but there are lighter types who are related to Irish
    In your head only Oliver because everyone knows the Irish aren't particularly related to any Arab population. You can't provide any evidence for the above so you are just staying this to get a reaction.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2024 @ 08:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Irish do not have "a lot" of Arab like phenotypes. That's a crazy thing to say.

Just a tiny number of "Arabs" might look like your 1st and 3rd examples in countries like Syria, Lebanon or among Palestinians etc.
    No Saudi or Gulf people look like this unless they are mixed with others.
    There are not many Arabs (lighter types) who can easily pass as Irish. There are some from places like Syria, Lebanon or even Palestinians and Jordanians but that might be due to outside mixing in the past. It is not possible to be sure of the reasons without a study.

My Lebanese friend used to suggest Lebanese are can be often mixed with outsiders. I did not fully agree with him about that though because it cannot be a majority that are mixed with outsiders? He once said "What are Lebanese. My ancestors were Turkish. Someone else might have a Bulgarian (Muslim) ancestor. Another one Armenian ..."

But anyway, most Lebanese are not Irish looking, nor are most of them even as white as South Europeans.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are not many Arabs (lighter types) who can easily pass as Irish. There are some from places like Syria, Lebanon or even Palestinians and Jordanians but that might be due to outside mixing in the past. It is not possible to be sure of the reasons without a study.

My Lebanese friend used to suggest Lebanese are can be often mixed with outsiders. I did not fully agree with him about that though because it cannot be a majority that are mixed with outsiders? He once said "What are Lebanese. My ancestors were Turkish. Someone else might have a Bulgarian (Muslim) ancestor. Another one Armenian ..."

But anyway, most Lebanese are not Irish looking, nor are most of them even as white as South Europeans.
    There aren't many, most are more likely to be found in north Africa though you could call them Arabs, also parts of the Pamirs and Caucasus have a large population which metrically is similar to some Irish.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,329
    Given: 1,215

0 Not allowed!

Damn he really said that? Most of them insist they are Phoenicians. Was he Christian?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There aren't many, most are more likely to be found in north Africa though you could call them Arabs, also parts of the Pamirs and Caucasus have a large population which metrically is similar to some Irish.
    But you said Arab though Olivier, you didn't say fringe groups like Riffians in northern Algeria/Morocco ( which even then it's very rare to find types that look like Irish).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Canaanite Phoenician
    Ethnicity
    Canaanite
    Country
    Lebanon
    Taxonomy
    Maronitis Libanensis
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 258
    Given: 390

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Damn he really said that? Most of them insist they are Phoenicians. Was he Christian?
    Since he said that his ancestors were Turkish, then he is definitely a Muslim Sunni.
    "And God said "Love Your Enemy", and I obeyed Him and loved myself." - Gibran Khalil

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsa Dinura View Post
    Since he said that his ancestors were Turkish, then he is definitely a Muslim Sunni.
    Christians usually are either Armenian, local pheonician/Arab, or euro admixed like french etc I assume

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information