Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
Why not? At all, every discussion about pros and contras lacks.

I'm a "right-winger" and I don't deny it. So I wonder how you after so much communication that shows that I question it and do not deny it can make such a wrong statement. It feels somewhat to have spoken to a wall.

Every alleged international doomesday scenario is welcomed by established rulers as it helps them to extend their power. It can motivate and make accepted much more measures restricting the freedom of the commoners. Simple as that. And in the climate topic it's pretty obvious that a particular result is wanted for this reason, regardless of how conditions really are.
Otherwise a lot of openly discussed considerations would have taken place over pros and contras of a global warming and many countries would have seen their advantages by a warming and positioned alike. But nothing of that happened. Before anything was clear there were already announced billion dollar measures and more prescriptions, promotion of buying new cars with new technologies etc. So for a critical observer it's pretty obvious that a climate change is anyhow just a pretext for this and not the topic that is seriously dealt with.
As far as I remember - and my remembrance works well - you were arguing against man-made climate warming and especially its ramifications when we were talking about it some years ago. So meanwhile this at least has changed. However, you still don't comprehend the consequences, still arguing with more growth and whatever, and not having noticed (or being able to) what‘s going on right before your door.

Yeah, in your bubble that‘s the truth.

Sorry, there are no advantages on balance. The disadvantages predominate by far.

Apropos cars: It was especially also the automobile industry paying millions for campaigns to debunk and minimilize climate change and its ramifications after having been helping to search out themselves decades ago. So without them and the oil industry, that did the same, all this we are talking about and doing now wouldn‘t be necessary.