Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ maps of Europe and the World (PISA scores)

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

Default IQ maps of Europe and the World (PISA scores)

I've made these maps from all PISA scores available (math, science, reading and problem solving). IMO PISA is the best data to use to inquire a nation's IQ for the following reasons;

- PISA test is essentially an IQ test. PISA scores and standard IQ test scores correlate at an astonishing level (0.94). Questions are not so curriculum based but students have to solve real world problems using things they learned in school. "Reading" does not involve literal reading, but understanding articles and texts. You can take a look at examples of PISA tests here: https://www.oecd.org/pisa/test/
    - PISA test scores are easily converted into IQ numbers. A score of 500 is IQ 100 while a score of 435 is a score of 90.
    - PISA uses a much higher sample size than most standard studies on IQ tests (5000 minimum)
    - PISA students are selected randomly from the pool of all 15 year old students from each country, unlike with studies on classic IQ test which often use samples which don't represent the whole country
    - Statistical variation of PISA scores for a particular country across years are very small, which suggests PISA "captures" the representative sample of a country's population unlike studies on standard IQ test, where scores vary up to 20 IQ points from study to study. In countries where there are only a few studies published it's very possible they won't "capture" a representative sample for the entire country. If you then average it out for multiple years like I did, it's even more statistically representative.
    - PISA score map of Europe and the world has much less variety with neighboring culturally and genetically similar countries which suggests the numbers are accurate. Balkan Muslim countries and SE Asia are the only regions where there are sudden "drops".

These maps are based on all PISA data going back from 2000 - 2022. IMO scores from early 2000 are just as important when calculating final IQ of a country. People who took the test in 2000 are today in their late 30s and are very much alive and contribute to the country even more so than kids aged 16 who took the test last year.

These numbers include immigrants, I would make maps from non immigrant scores, but I only found them for math. Non immigrant scores for countries with large numbers of immigrants would undoubtedly score higher as OECD data itself shows immigrants in most Western countries depress the numbers, but they probably don't depress the numbers much. For example in Netherlands for 2022 only 14% of those tested were from immigrant background and the final score goes all the way back to 2000 when there were even less immigrants.

Regarding the colors; The world average IQ according to Lynn and Becker is around 85 so I chose scores higher than that to be green while scores lower to be red.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    slavic, hellenic, romance
    Ethnicity
    sicily & poland
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 36

2 Not allowed!

Super dude, can't wait to see the non immigrant one !

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 07:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    East Europid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,008
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!

I would rather choose Serbia and Bulgaria over Finland and Japan. The last ones do not know how to live their life properly. PISA is a useless autistic stuff.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

4 Not allowed!

If I see PISA written once more time I am gonna snap.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by black hole View Post
    I would rather choose Serbia and Bulgaria over Finland and Japan. The last ones do not know how to live their life properly. PISA is a useless autistic stuff.
    Seems to correlate pretty well with GDP per capita and other important stats.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    I've made these maps from all PISA scores available (math, science, reading and problem solving). IMO PISA is the best data to use to inquire a nation's IQ for the following reasons;

- PISA test is essentially an IQ test. PISA scores and standard IQ test scores correlate at an astonishing level (0.94). Questions are not so curriculum based but students have to solve real world problems using things they learned in school. "Reading" does not involve literal reading, but understanding articles and texts. You can take a look at examples of PISA tests here: https://www.oecd.org/pisa/test/
    - PISA test scores are easily converted into IQ numbers. A score of 500 is IQ 100 while a score of 435 is a score of 90.
    - PISA uses a much higher sample size than most standard studies on IQ tests (5000 minimum)
    - PISA students are selected randomly from the pool of all 15 year old students from each country, unlike with studies on classic IQ test which often use samples which don't represent the whole country
    - Statistical variation of PISA scores for a particular country across years are very small, which suggests PISA "captures" the representative sample of a country's population unlike studies on standard IQ test, where scores vary up to 20 IQ points from study to study. In countries where there are only a few studies published it's very possible they won't "capture" a representative sample for the entire country. If you then average it out for multiple years like I did, it's even more statistically representative.
    - PISA score map of Europe and the world has much less variety with neighboring culturally and genetically similar countries which suggests the numbers are accurate. Balkan Muslim countries and SE Asia are the only regions where there are sudden "drops".

These maps are based on all PISA data going back from 2000 - 2022. IMO scores from early 2000 are just as important when calculating final IQ of a country. People who took the test in 2000 are today in their late 30s and are very much alive and contribute to the country even more so than kids aged 16 who took the test last year.

These numbers include immigrants, I would make maps from non immigrant scores, but I only found them for math. Non immigrant scores for countries with large numbers of immigrants would undoubtedly score higher as OECD data itself shows immigrants in most Western countries depress the numbers, but they probably don't depress the numbers much. For example in Netherlands for 2022 only 14% of those tested were from immigrant background and the final score goes all the way back to 2000 when there were even less immigrants.

Regarding the colors; The world average IQ according to Lynn and Becker is around 85 so I chose scores higher than that to be green while scores lower to be red.

Here is the link to the HD version:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QtN...ew?usp=sharing

It shrunk the original to the point you can't see the numbers

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,190
    Given: 8,122

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    If I see PISA written once more time I am gonna snap.

PISA, bro. PISA!

Wake up and smell the coffee.

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

no big surprises there.

I was curious for more non-Euro countries, I got a soft spot for the Greater Persia area, but unfortunately they don't take the PISA tests

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,034
    Given: 6,627

0 Not allowed!

My country has a decent score so these numbers must be valid.

The ones that say we're below 100 must be faulty methodology or malpractice
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

1 Not allowed!

What we measure right now through IQ tests is a highly variable and environmentally dependent quantity which I am afraid a socio-psychologist can explain better than me. How do these tests create a sample volume of people? If the same group of people undergoes rigorous training for the said tests and their scores improve, then what becomes of the entire theory of IQ is related to geography and race?

Unless we have an actual way of measuring synaptic density, the concentration of types of neurotransmitters, imaging up the neuron networks at molecular levels (there could be 50+ such molecular descriptors) then normalizing this data, running a PCA model on it to create one scoring function, we just can not rate an individual. In the near future with advancements in NMR/MRI techniques, such neuro measurements will become more and more possible. Right now IQ tests are pseudoscientific, actual neuromolecular metrics are not.

(My post on IQ before)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information