Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IQ maps of Europe and the World (PISA scores)

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    A group is made up of individuals.

You shouldn't assume something about an individual based on their group because an average is exavlcyky what it is: an average. However, an average allows you to know a group's trend.
    I'll say it again.

Intelligence, in any case, is an individual quality.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,000
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

N00bs talking about IQ is always amusing.

Lynn is not to be trusted. He's not a dishonest person, imo. He's an incompetent person. I spoke about this in a thread about Irish IQ.

If you want to have an understanding of national IQ stop relying on Lynn or academic tests suchvas PISA. SATs (im well aare I did so recentlt in a thread about US states but it was more of a joke), and go straight to the studies themselves. For example, there is an IQ study with large samples for Portugal broken down by region (that Lynn had some sort of role but directly) that showed Portugues score higher than your map. I posted the study on the forum.
    I can't even see the scores the OP has for each country except whether it's two digits or three because it's so small the numbers blur. I tried zooming in. I guess my eyesight is going.

Here is an actual IQ study for Portugal with a large sample.

Regional differences in IQ and per capita incomes are presented for five regions of Portugal: North, North Central, Lisbon-Central, Lisbon-Suburb, and South. Regional IQs were calculated from a representative sample of 4548 Portuguese school students from 5th to 12th grades. The average IQ and average incomes are highest in Central Lisbon. The results show a positive association between IQs and average regional incomes, as it has been observed in other countries.

Method

The BPR (Bateria de Provas de Raciocinio) is a Portuguese intelligence test in four sections measuring figural-abstract reasoning, verbal reasoning, numerical ability and practical ability (consisting mainly of items on mechanical aptitudes).
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...es_in_Portugal

PISA is gay. It's as gay as using the SATs as a proxy for IQ (MENSA doesn't accept SAT scores from after 1996 or maybe it was after 1994).

If you want to have a rough idea of your IQ then buy a copy of ASVAB multiply your scores on the math and verbal sections by 2 and add 60 points.

Anyway, isn't the OP the fag who insists on the existence of Atlantids and gets real quiet when you ask him to reference a physical anthropologist who uses the term? The guy who won't acknowldge the term was invented by a guy in Austria who was all over these anthoboards and not an actually physical anthropogist? The OP failed my IQ test.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,345
    Given: 3,056

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rædwald View Post

I did the mensa.no one, idk how accurate it is
    If it's the MENSA Iq challenge, a 25-minute, 35-minute puzzle test, it's just a very rough estimate. Even MENSA itself says it is only for fun purposes.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I'll say it again.

Intelligence, in any case, is an individual quality.
    There are very few if any human characteristics that naturally vary among individuals, but don't vary among groups.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can't even see the scores the OP has for each country except whether it's two digits or three because it's so small the numbers blur. I tried zooming in. I guess my eyesight is going.

Here is an actual IQ study for Portugal with a large sample.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...es_in_Portugal

PISA is gay. It's as gay as using the SATs as a proxy for IQ (MENSA doesn't accept SAT scores from after 1996 or maybe it was after 1994).

If you want to have a rough idea of your IQ then buy a copy of ASVAB multiply your scores on the math and verbal sections by 2 and add 60 points.

Anyway, isn't the OP the fag who insists on the existence of Atlantids and gets real quiet when you ask him to reference a physical anthropologist who uses the term? The guy who won't acknowldge the term was invented by a guy in Austria who was all over these anthoboards and not an actually physical anthropogist? The OP failed my IQ test.
    Is that Portugal IQ synchronized to average IQ of 100 for White Americans or Native British? How do you know it's not synchronized for the Average Portuguese IQ (to whatever it is)? If it's the latter, that those numbers are only indicator for regional differences of Portugal, not the average IQ for whole country.

PISA is a better indicator for a country's IQ for several reasons:

- PISA test is essentially an IQ test. PISA scores and standard IQ test scores correlate at an astonishing level (0.94). Questions are not so curriculum based but students have to solve real world problems using things they learned in school. "Reading" does not involve literal reading, but understanding articles and texts. You can take a look at examples of PISA tests here: https://www.oecd.org/pisa/test/
    - PISA test scores are easily converted into IQ numbers. A score of 500 is IQ 100 while a score of 435 is a score of 90.
    - PISA uses a much higher sample size than most standard studies on IQ tests (5000 minimum)
    - PISA students are selected randomly from the pool of all 15 year old students from each country, unlike with studies on classic IQ test which often use samples which don't represent the whole country
    - Statistical variation of PISA scores for a particular country across years are very small, which suggests PISA "captures" the representative sample of a country's population unlike studies on standard IQ test, where scores vary up to 20 IQ points from study to study. In countries where there are only a few studies published it's very possible they won't "capture" a representative sample for the entire country. If you then average it out for multiple years like I did, it's even more statistically representative.
    - PISA score map of Europe and the world has much less variety with neighboring culturally and genetically similar countries which suggests the numbers are accurate. Balkan Muslim countries and SE Asia are the only regions where there are sudden "drops".

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    The only thing directly related to my question would be this:

But it doesn't answer it.
    You are right that specific link doesn't answer your questions but these do:

European genetic ancestry predicts with intelligence within each major American race/ethnic groups and this remains true after controlling for racial self-identification, genetically predicted skin color, and parental education
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...074v2.full.pdf

Racial ancestry predicts IQ after controlling for skin color and parental SES. Skin color does not predict IQ differences between siblings, suggesting discrimination can’t explain why skin color or ancestry predicts IQ.
    https://www.mdpi.com/2624-8611/1/1/1

Polygenic scores (PGS) based on the frequency of genes which predict IQ within each race are highly predictive of national IQ differences even after controlling for malnutrition, measures of national development, and child mortality.
    https://www.mdpi.com/2624-8611/1/1/5

Controlling for PGS reduces the relationship between African ancestry and IQ even after having already controlled for SES, skin color, self reported experience with discrimination, and measures of local institutional racism, suggesting racial IQ differences are partly caused by the genes measured by the PGS.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...merican_Youths

No difference in heritability of IQ between races in the US

Racial and ethnic group differences in the heritability of intelligence: A systematic review and meta analysis

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60289619301904

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._meta-analysis

Blacks have smaller Brains

brain size, iq and racial group differences evidence from musculoskeletal traits

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...20IQ%20of%2090.

The correlation between adopted brothers and sisters (genetically unrelated people raised together) shows that the IQ correlation between them falls to zero in adulthood — suggesting shared childhood environment has no impact on intelligence in adulthood.

Adopted children will much more closely resemble their biological (i.e., "birth") parents in cognitive abilities than their adoptive parents. The discrepancy becomes fairly remarkable as times goes on — as the influence of the environment wanes and that of genes increases.

The IQs of children who had been adopted was much more highly correlated with the IQs of their biological parents than with their adoptive parents — this was true both when they were teenagers and when they were adults.

These findings provide further evidence for the predominance of genetic influences on adult intelligence over any other systematic source of variation
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60289621000635

Twin study IQ g is mostly genetic
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19634053/

Veteran Member BakersfieldChimp's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic Prussian
    Ethnicity
    Eastern European
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Fritz Lang
    Religion
    wouldn't be the first time
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,919
    Given: 2,391

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rædwald View Post

I did the mensa.no one, idk how accurate it is
    I got into Mensa in college. I went to one meet up and they were crazier than I am.

I taught myself to "pass for normal" early on and I have no regrets.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,000
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Is that Portugal IQ synchronized to average IQ of 100 for White Americans or Native British? How do you know it's not synchronized for the Average Portuguese IQ (to whatever it is)?
    Because the standard is the same across the board. The validity of one IQ study with another is whether they correlate with each other. So we know the Wonderlic is valid because it correlates closely with other studies. We know the ASVAB gives a good indicator if you multiply verbal and math by 2 and 60.

Do you understand the below?

This study performed a cross battery confirmatory factor analysis of BPR-5 and WJ-III in order to investigate which latent constructs are being measured by the subtests of both batteries. The sample was composed of 90 Psychology undergraduate students (68% women), ages ranging from 20 to 46 (M=26.49, SD=7.16). These students answered eleven subtests (5 from BPR-5 and 6 from WJ-III) as a part of their assessment course. Results supported a model of three correlated factors comprised of crystallized intelligence-Gc verbal reasoning (vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, analogies), fluid intelligence-Gf (abstract reasoning, concept formation and spatial relations) and visual processing-Gv (spatial reasoning, mechanical reasoning and numerical reasoning). Highly intelligent subjects also demonstrated an imbalanced profile of Gv over Gc. In conclusion, this study demonstrated the construct validity of these test batteries and confirmed the Cattell-Horn-Carroll (CHC) broad factors model for understanding and measuring intellectual differences.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ck-Johnson_III
    If it's the latter, that those numbers are only indicator for regional differences of Portugal, not the average IQ for whole country.
    The difference between the score you gave for Portugal and that study is two points if you do the math and combine the entire population (unless I'm seeing it incorrectly; it's small and blurry to me as fuck). When I looked at your thread on my phone I could barely see the numbers and thought it was repeating the old 94 or 95 score that Lynn gave to Portugal years ago (btw, Lynn was involved in this study I posted).

So it is funny that you're getting defensive despite the score being negligibly different, which proves my theory that if you're disrespectful to someone they'll push back even when there is nothing to push back on. You could have said, "No, this study supports my work because of how similar the scores are" but you're an idiot. I'd argue the scores are similar by chance.

I heard you the first time. The sample size doesn't matter if it's not a legitimate IQ test. I looked at some of the questions on PISA and these are not the type of questions you would see on an IQ test for a reason. The questions are kept simple on an IQ test because not everyone has had a proper education but not having a proper education doesn't mean a lack of intelligence. You could be illiterate and be highly intelligent.

This is a video where these dudes go over an old Weschler test. This is what a legitimate IQ test looks like compared to an academic test.

Obviously there are some parts they can't do because it involves object manipulation.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,345
    Given: 3,056

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post

PISA is not an essentially IQ test. It aims to measure 15-year-olds’ ability to use their reading, mathematics and science knowledge and skills to meet real-life challenges.

"Counter-example #1: Thailand and UAE

Thailand scored 94 IQ and UAE scored 84 IQ as per international cherry-picked research.

But actual PISA scores are:

PISA 2018 Worldwide Ranking – average score of mathematics, science and reading
    ...Read more
    https://factsmaps.com/pisa-2018-worl...ience-reading/
    For Thailand: 412 (Average), UAE: 435 (Average)

Implying IQ of 85 in Thailand and 90 in UAE."

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I heard you the first time. The sample size doesn't matter if it's not a legitimate IQ test. I looked at some of the questions on PISA and these are not the type of questions you would see on an IQ test for a reason. The questions are kept simple on an IQ test because not everyone has had a proper education but not having a proper education doesn't mean a lack of intelligence. You could be illiterate and be highly intelligent..
    Irrelevant. The correlation between IQ test and PISA is .94. The data doesn't support the claim that there is a significant discrepancy between IQ tests and PISA.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information