Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Outside Western Europe, which of these countries would you categorise as 'Western' and why?

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dviz View Post
    btw, the houses below are from the Southern part of Wallachia - I am mentioning this so that the idiot won't claim that these are Saxon houses from Transylvania
    go random with google street view, don't cherrypick. choose 5 random places in the countryside not in big city suburbs, in Romania and Croatia. don't be delusional. they look nothing alike. also, I don't want them to look the same, you seem to have a soft spot for Central Euro aesthetics, I don't I am not shamed of how our villages look, it's where I grew up

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Btw, I'm also for instituting an education requirement for voting, to cull the Russian voting drones.
    so you are authoritarian, xenophobic and a restrictivist. you are in the political compass on the upper right, which is right for someone following Washington politics. I am on the lower left, in the Noam Chomsky area. anti-authoritarian, anti-state, anti-nationalist etc. your Russkies are closer in ideology to you, just that they follow Moscow interest as you follow Washington interest. funny you always mention Russian politics to me while you are the one in their area ideologically - take a political compass test and compare

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti-marxist, antimanelist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 535
    Given: 334

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    go random with google street view, don't cherrypick. choose 5 random places in the countryside not in big city suburbs, in Romania and Croatia. don't be delusional. they look nothing alike. also, I don't want them to look the same, you seem to have a soft spot for Central Euro aesthetics, I don't I am not shamed of how our villages look, it's where I grew up
    Villages in Bucovina are beautiful even though more East Slavic looking. However, Wallachian villages, particularly the mountain ones are more Central Euro looking (except in Baragan). It is what it is.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

so you are authoritarian, xenophobic and a restrictivist.
    I am exactly the opposite, however I acknowledge that Nazis came to power through democratic elections. And so, in these times of unprecedented propaganda outreach people should prove their competency as voters. Being a voting drone is not good enough.

Btw, Chomsky is a prime example for an useful idiot. An ultraprogressive with a soft spot for Putinism.

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am exactly the opposite, however I acknowledge that Nazis came to power through democratic elections. And so, in these times of unprecedented propaganda outreach people should prove their competency as voters. Being a voting drone is not good enough.
    I almost never vote. at the moment there's no party that I agree with, no party is close to my ultraliberal and individual-rights-oriented views. so go and abuse someone else, you showed enough disrespect and low class behaviour to me on this thread while my answers have been more than articulated. cheers, Romanian. you are what you are in the end, as we all are what we are

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

I almost never vote. at the moment there's no party that I agree with, no party is close to my ultraliberal and individual-rights-oriented views. so go and abuse someone else, you showed enough disrespect and low class behaviour to me on this thread while my answers have been more than articulated. cheers, Romanian. you are what you are in the end, as we all are what we are
    Would you say that your views are close to those of Yanis Varoufakis?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Hai, la multi ani si sanatate! Si mai lasa politica

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Would you say that your views are close to those of Yanis Varoufakis?
    I agree with Chomsky almost always and I agree with Varoufakis most of the times.

thanks for reminding me of him, forgot to place in my wishlist his book Technofeudalism: What Killed Capitalism, can't wait to read it (already have Talking to My Daughter About the Economy, in Romanian).

btw I like some points Jordan Peterson makes and I used to follow Roger Scruton, who was a pleasure to read even when I didn't agree with him (on many points ). so I take the valid (for me) points from everyone, with some I agree less often (like with Peterson, who totally loses me when it comes to tradition and religion, but I watch his older videos focused on mind, conscience, psychology, behaviour). so I am very liberal with the "opposing" sides as well, I don't disrespect any, I like to listen to all points of view and I understand that some system I don't agree with can work for people who find refuge in those systems. if they can live in their system and I can in my own and we don't collide then it's good, if they try to impose something on me then I react, while I don't want to impose my beliefs on them, to summarize my views.

btw my avatar says anarchy in Persian

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

I agree with Chomsky almost always and I agree with Varoufakis most of the times.

thanks for reminding me of him, forgot to place in my wishlist his book Technofeudalism: What Killed Capitalism, can't wait to read it (already have Talking to My Daughter About the Economy, in Romanian).

btw I like some points Jordan Peterson makes and I used to follow Roger Scruton, who was a pleasure to read even when I didn't agree with him (on many points ). so I take the valid (for me) points from everyone, with some I agree less often (like with Peterson, who totally loses me when it comes to tradition and religion, but I watch his older videos focused on mind, conscience, psychology, behaviour). so I am very liberal with the "opposing" sides as well, I don't disrespect any, I like to listen to all points of view and I understand that some system I don't agree with can work for people who find refuge in those systems. if they can live in their system and I can in my own and we don't collide then it's good, if they try to impose something on me then I react, while I don't want to impose my beliefs on them, to summarize my views.

btw my avatar says anarchy in Persian
    I sympathise with that. Despite not being on the right, I do read right-wing journalists and authors who interest me too.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    WASP
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I have noticed over the years that the definition of what constitutes the West is highly subjective and variable.
    Not among intelligent people. Western means Western Civilization which means Western people genetically (Cro-Magnids/Nordid) and Western culture like we saw in the ancient Greeks and Nords.

T'ain't rocket science.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information