Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask CosmoLady anything, she has lived on 6 continents!

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch, English, and French
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Are Asians the super race, or Penguins the super race, or wait you haven't visited Antarctica.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,515
    Given: 4,602

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    And how I could be a bit more intimidating without pushing people away and still being nice?
    You mean that you want to be more assertive, confident, and self-assured without being disagreeable?
    I know that you are a sweetie, and women tend to be more agreeable than men, because men prefer agreeable women.

As a single young woman, in some/most situations, it helps to be nice and agreeable.
    But do not be a doormat either, or people (including men) will walk all over you, take advantage of you, disrespect you.

You will have to decide in which situations to be nice, tactful, and diplomatic,
    and in which situations to be unyielding, blunt, direct, and surly.

Some disagreeability is necessary in life,
    is the inevitable result of inner strength and the ego-strength to keep to your principles and convictions.

You are under NO obligation to cooperate with, agree with, or do something that violates your conscience, convictions.
    This will make you disagreeable. You decide in which situations you want to be temporarily more diplomatic.
    But never compromise your fundamental principles or violate your conscience.

If you are conscientious, intelligent, firm and consistent, then you will be respected and liked by the people that truly matter.

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Do you have any advice on how I can stop certain types of people from seeing me as inferior and incorrectly as immature?
    You might try to dress and behave more conservatively, less "quirky and unique",
    but if you are in a very artsy liberal environment, this may have the opposite effect, they may begin to see you as "square".

Do they see you as inferior physically/aesthetically or emotionally? (probably not intellectually, you seem smart to me)
    What kind of people see you this way, in what environment?
    How I answer will depend on your response.
    Last edited by CosmoLady; 03-25-2024 at 06:48 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

1 Not allowed!

I saw your reply to me in the Russian terror attack thread last night, I am answering you here quickly since I lost the page number there.

You were right about everything. Who is doing what in the region has been discussed to death in defense circles ever since Syrian war started, the responsible Counter T agencies are doing their jobs which is why, despite being located in a very volatile zone, the Iranian security apparatus has a very good record if you compare them to other countries around us. Almost all terror attacks that happened in Iran in the last 10 years were always perpetrated by native dissident groups like fanatic leftists MEK, ethno-nationalists PJAK insurgents, Arab terror groups, and in recent times by synthetic religious extremists like ISIS/ISKP at the behest of enemy agencies. These groups are targeted by IRGC across borders through ballistic missile strikes, targeted assassinations, etc but because they are always funded from outside, they pop up again from time to time. ISIS/ISKP has received some 30+ Iranian missile strikes throughout the years but the group never dies because it never existed as an independent or sentient organization from the start. How do tens of thousands of resourceless militants operating in Syria suddenly pop up in Tajikistan? ...

Not the topic for it but the problem with Iran is its ideologically revolutionary government. These people are paranoid about the loyalties of people working for them hence meritocracy is sacrificed over ideological loyalty. Best people Iran produces unfortunately are not living in Iran or working for the government for a variety of reasons which is ironic since our diasporas are full of highly educated technocrats, the Iranian American community is an example. So, while the country has gone leaps ahead in many sectors globally, the governmental machinery including the security agencies still lack the best brains we produce.

You are a well traveled person. I have not been to your country, someone I knew taught a semester as a visiting faculty in University of Pretoria. Congrats on the thread.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 6,482

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoLady View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I still have a collection of rag dolls from my childhood, including golliwogs and Beanie Babies.

I kept some token games and toys, but I lost my baseball cards and comic books. I gave my sports cards to my younger cousin, and he sold them at a pawn shop.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    which southern European country you find most appealing and why (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal)?
    I answered your question earlier, maybe we can discuss film publicly.

After Thirteen, another film that I enjoyed was Spring Breakers, which seems trashy but is surprisingly deep and surreal.
    (When I am in Florida, I am in spring breaker territory, Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale)

The writer is Harmony Korine, who also wrote Kids, Gummo, and Ken Park,
    and started Chloe Sevigny's career and was her boyfriend.
    His films are post-liberal, anti-liberal in many ways, like Larry Clark, Bret Easton Ellis and Sam Levinson

Best scene of the film! Notice how the girls have similar tiger outfits as Chloe Sevigny in Gummo:
    And James Franco is a modern-day Pirate of the Caribbean in Florida.
    Full scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_sWs_SHbU

Last edited by CosmoLady; 03-25-2024 at 07:51 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron7558 View Post
    Are Asians the super race, or Penguins the super race, or wait you haven't visited Antarctica.
    We have penguins in South Africa too!
    They migrate every year.

East Asians are smarter and more orderly and disciplined than whites I think,
    though they are also overly responsible, conformist and materialist.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 6,482

1 Not allowed!

We have penguins in South Africa too!
    They migrate every year.

East Asians are smarter and more orderly and disciplined than whites I think,
    though they are also overly responsible, conformist and materialist.
    I enjoyed the clips. I still have insomnia, though. I read and saw "Bright Lights, Big City" and "Less Than Zero". Ellis's book seems like a catalogue of expensive name brand stuff, but I still find it appealing in a nostalgic way.

We want to move out of the Midwest. I wish that we spoke Japanese! We both forecast and foresaw this present dystopia, and we chose to not bring kids into it. Still, we might move to a somewhat isolated part of the Appalachians to wait out "Mad Max" after it starts.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Country
    China
    Politics
    Anti-nazi
    Hero
    Many
    Religion
    Free thinker
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,273
    Given: 3,574

0 Not allowed!

Do you think she can pass as an atypical southern European?
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-can-she-pass
    I've had lots of troubles,so I write jolly tales.
    ----------------------------------------------------- Louisa May Alcott

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oghuz View Post
    I saw your reply to me in the Russian terror attack thread last night, I am answering you here quickly since I lost the page number there.

You were right about everything. Who is doing what in the region has been discussed to death in defense circles ever since Syrian war started, the responsible Counter T agencies are doing their jobs which is why, despite being located in a very volatile zone, the Iranian security apparatus has a very good record if you compare them to other countries around us. Almost all terror attacks that happened in Iran in the last 10 years were always perpetrated by native dissident groups like fanatic leftists MEK, ethno-nationalists PJAK insurgents, Arab terror groups, and in recent times by synthetic religious extremists like ISIS/ISKP at the behest of enemy agencies. These groups are targeted by IRGC across borders through ballistic missile strikes, targeted assassinations, etc but because they are always funded from outside, they pop up again from time to time. ISIS/ISKP has received some 30+ Iranian missile strikes throughout the years but the group never dies because it never existed as an independent or sentient organization from the start. How do tens of thousands of resourceless militants operating in Syria suddenly pop up in Tajikistan? ...

Not the topic for it but the problem with Iran is its ideologically revolutionary government. These people are paranoid about the loyalties of people working for them hence meritocracy is sacrificed over ideological loyalty. Best people Iran produces unfortunately are not living in Iran or working for the government for a variety of reasons which is ironic since our diasporas are full of highly educated technocrats, the Iranian American community is an example. So, while the country has gone leaps ahead in many sectors globally, the governmental machinery including the security agencies still lack the best brains we produce.

You are a well traveled person. I have not been to your country, someone I knew taught a semester as a visiting faculty in University of Pretoria. Congrats on the thread.
    Thank you, what do you think about the regime in Iran?
    Are the leaders of Iran rational and practical, or still revolutionary, radical, Islamist?
    Is the Shia Islamism of today just a facade for the authoritarian state to keep the support of its traditionalist people?

Iran was certainly Islamist, revolutionary, aggressive, and expansionist in the 1980s,
    but now I think that Iran is rationally asserting its interests as a regional power.
    Iran can see the "big picture" with the US and Iraq, Syria, Russia, China, Afghanistan.

Western media hardly mentions the Chinese-sponsored peace deal between Iran and the Arab states,
    and I heard that the Gulf Arab states are refusing to help escalate the American/Israeli conflict with Iran.
    This is a sign that Iran is rational and working with its neighbours as part of a larger anti-Western coalition that is forming.

Will Iran get nuclear weapons eventually?
    Would Iran use them for an unprovoked offensive strike against US bases or Israel,
    like Saddam Hussein did with Scud missiles in 1991?

(I think that Iran allowing the dissatisfied people and cosmopolitan liberals to leave is a good thing for the regime,
    perhaps this will create a more unified traditional culture over time?)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

1 Not allowed!

I answered your question earlier, maybe we can discuss film publicly.

After Thirteen, another film that I enjoyed was Spring Breakers, which seems trashy but is surprisingly deep and surreal.
    (When I am in Florida, I am in spring breaker territory, Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale)

The writer is Harmony Korine, who also wrote Kids, Gummo, and Ken Park,
    and started Chloe Sevigny's career and was her boyfriend.
    His films are post-liberal, anti-liberal in many ways, like Larry Clark, Bret Easton Ellis and Sam Levinson

Best scene of the film! Notice how the girls have similar tiger outfits as Chloe Sevigny in Gummo:
    And James Franco is a modern-day Pirate of the Caribbean in Florida.
    Full scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_sWs_SHbU

Unfortunately I can't see the videaos

That film sound very interesting! Is there chance to see those scenes somehow?

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread Information