H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Also you have to factor in that there is very little R1b-DF27 in the Irish and in Bronze Age samples they were all R1b-L21. What DF27 is in Ireland was brought in by later populations such as the Normans etc.

I'm quite happy for people to post on this topic but I always am intrigued why this connection is so strong despite the evidence. Another thing is that autosomally the Irish are the most distant to Iberian populations out of English, Scots and Welsh so why is this a recurring theme? As someone pointed out before even the Dutch are closer but it is a persistent theme. I think I could expand on this but interested in what others have to say? (Without the Trolls thank you).

What has become clear to me after all this time, regardless there is any type of link of any kind, Grace, it's just that you don't like anything that relates Ireland to the Spanish or the Iberian Peninsula in general.

In this sense you are much more right than when "others closer to us" deny any type of relationship with the Iberian Peninsula other than that of mere economic or political immigrants in modern times, but deep down it gives the impression that you are moved by the same feeling of rejection.

I'm not going to talk about it with you again because we've already talked too much about similar topics and the final feeling is always the same.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,566
    Given: 29,023

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    What has become clear to me after all this time, regardless there is any type of link of any kind, Grace, it's just that you don't like anything that relates Ireland to the Spanish or the Iberian Peninsula in general.

In this sense you are much more right than when "others closer to us" deny any type of relationship with the Iberian Peninsula other than that of mere economic or political immigrants in modern times, but deep down it gives the impression that you are moved by the same feeling of rejection.

I'm not going to talk about it with you again because we've already talked too much about similar topics and the final feeling is always the same.
    I find it interesting that people take these topics so personal. No that is not the case at all i.e. that I have any particular animosity to Spanish people. I most definitely don't. It is either true or not regarding the genetics and as I've said numerous times stating facts does not mean there is any dislike. If I said Irish don't have any particular genetic relationship with Italians this does not mean I don't like Italians. I have a lot of interactions with Italians and really like them. Irish for example have more relationship with English populations and I don't like what they did in Ireland. You can tell some people are nasty and trollish but I do not like that. I think you are being over sensitive.

On the topic what I would find interesting is a study on what affect Irish Wild Geese had in Spain did it have any impact or not? I would really like to know that one.

Anyway it is a shame you feel that way as I really like you as a poster. I'm sorry if you think like that but I honestly don't have any dislike of Spanish people at all.

I'm happy to discuss this.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

I find it interesting that people take these topics so personal. No that is not the case at all i.e. that I have any particular animosity to Spanish people. I most definitely don't. It is either true or not regarding the genetics and as I've said numerous times stating facts does not mean there is any dislike. If I said Irish don't have any particular genetic relationship with Italians this does not mean I don't like Italians. I have a lot of interactions with Italians and really like them. Irish for example have more relationship with English populations and I don't like what they did in Ireland. You can tell some people are nasty and trollish but I do not like that. I think you are being over sensitive.
    This response reaffirms what I believe about what I said in the previous post.

Seriously, I have a hard time seeing you as Irish. Indeed, nothing separates you from an English woman.

And since there are no Irish on the forum, from now on all references to the British Isles will be labeled "England".

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Full Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

On the topic what I would find interesting is a study on what affect Irish Wild Geese had in Spain did it have any impact or not? I would really like to know that one.

Anyway it is a shame you feel that way as I really like you as a poster. I'm sorry if you think like that but I honestly don't have any dislike of Spanish people at all.

I'm happy to discuss this.
    You should calm down a bit, doth protest too much. Spain influence on Ireland is not an open and shut case and I doubt you have all the answer regardless of how well versed you are on Ireland. Not to get personal but Gixajo right and anyone with half a brain knows you want to disassociate yourself with us dreaded WOGs. You come across like a immature teen girl that with your "ewww, gross swarth Spanish comparing themselves to me, Irish Princess!" We're sick of you and your retarded prejudice and we see through your act. Don't play dumb either. You need serious help but the incels in here don't have the balls to tell you.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    This response reaffirms what I believe about what I said in the previous post.

Seriously, I have a hard time seeing you as Irish. Indeed, nothing separates you from an English woman.

And since there are no Irish on the forum, from now on all references to the British Isles will be labeled "England".
    Well that is a very snidey post which is something I've never done to you. Interesting that you accuse me of something that you are displaying. In what way is it untrue what I said. Of course the Irish have had much more interaction with the English. This is factual. There is also English admixture in the Irish which is obvious from plantations into Ireland. It's all about factual information which ties up with genetics and history.

No one in Ireland is like how you perceive. You do realise most Irish have family connections with English. It's not that people aren't aware of history. They are very much so but the majority of Irish get on fine with the English.

There are other Irish on this forum that pop in from time to time so it would be interesting what their take on the topic is. Sloag is someone from Ireland that posts intermittently.

You obviously have strong views and it is a pity you don't stick to the subject matter instead of making this personal. I have absolutely no animosity or dislike of Spanish people. I've said this before but it seems for some you can't just discuss these topics without people getting their nose out of joint. I post links as well to show that I'm using sources and that it isn't some personal vendetta against the Spanish.

What I would say is I'm surprised that the topic still appears with a surprising regularity even though there has been a lot of water on the bridge since the early 2000s.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Full Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well that is a very snidey post which is something I've never done to you. Interesting that you accuse me of something that you are displaying. In what way is it untrue what I said. Of course the Irish have had much more interaction with the English. This is factual. There is also English admixture in the Irish which is obvious from plantations into Ireland. It's all about factual information which ties up with genetics and history.

No one in Ireland is like how you perceive. You do realise most Irish have family connections with English. It's not that people aren't aware of history. They are very much so but the majority of Irish get on fine with the English.

There are other Irish on this forum that pop in from time to time so it would be interesting what their take on the topic is. Sloag is someone from Ireland that posts intermittently.

You obviously have strong views and it is a pity you don't stick to the subject matter instead of making this personal. I have absolutely no animosity or dislike of Spanish people. I've said this before but it seems for some you can't just discuss these topics without people getting their nose out of joint. I post links as well to show that I'm using sources and that it isn't some personal vendetta against the Spanish.

What I would say is I'm surprised that the topic still appears with a surprising regularity even though there has been a lot of water on the bridge since the early 2000s.
    It's really disguising how you play dumb. Everyone know you dislike Spanards because your OBESED with distancing yourself from it. You'll play dumb of course because your a dishonorable Nordist that doesn't have the guts to admit it. Just pure cowardice from an old cat lady.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Granada View Post
    You should calm down a bit, doth protest too much. Spain influence on Ireland is not an open and shut case and I doubt you have all the answer regardless of how well versed you are on Ireland. Not to get personal but Gixajo right and anyone with half a brain knows you want to disassociate yourself with us dreaded WOGs. You come across like a immature teen girl that with your "ewww, gross swarth Spanish comparing themselves to me, Irish Princess!" We're sick of you and your retarded prejudice and we see through your act. Don't play dumb either. You need serious help but the incels in here don't have the balls to tell you.
    OMG! You are completely putting your personal complexes onto me.

So I should just say yes all this topic is true and not post information which is correct? And if I quote studies which dispute this I have a personal agenda against Spanish and I need psychological help?

You sound like you have issues not me. All you have said above is projection. I have enough of this shit.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Full Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

OMG! You are completely putting your personal complexes onto me.

So I should just say yes all this topic is true and not post information which is correct? And if I quote studies which dispute this I have a personal agenda against Spanish and I need psychological help?

You sound like you have issues not me. All you have said above is projection. I have enough of this shit.
    You're a disgusting racist old cat lady and liar. You hopeless and a coward.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

I'm not really smart when it comes to g25 genetic populations, but how closed are Irish to Basques? Basques are genetically distance than Castilians so maybe that would make a difference shifted?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Granada View Post
    It's really disguising how you play dumb. Everyone know you dislike Spanards because your OBESED with distancing yourself from it. You'll play dumb of course because your a dishonorable Nordist that doesn't have the guts to admit it. Just pure cowardice from an old cat lady.
    What the fuck is Nordicist about saying facts? You are the one showing a nasty streak. All you do is project. You all obviously have butthurt on this particular topic. Anyway I'm not going to revert to name calling.

Post things that can be discussed.

Absolutely was not expecting this type of reaction. It seems you have to appease people to not get abused. It's pot kettle black.

Thanks for all the personal insults.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information