Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Countries with growing fertility rate?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueState View Post
    Yes not ideal but still preferred over being ruled by Arab Muslims
    As I am sure you'd be the first person to concede yourself, more than a few Haredim and Orthodox Jews would basically like Israel to become a Jewish version of Saudi Arabia/Iran/Taliban's Afghanistan.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Proving once again that being stereotyped as good lover/romantic people doesn't mean having children, i.e. quantity of sex =/= reproduction; which is unique to human species compared to the rest of other living creatures

I don't have the data but my intuition that countries where people have the most sexual relationships in a year is negatively correlated with birth rates
    Yes and no. Like Duarte said, Italians used to be famous for their big families (especially in the US). This has changed due to a mix of economic and cultural factors. Cultures and societies are not set in stone, after all.

Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    As I am sure you'd be the first person to concede yourself, more than a few Haredim and Orthodox Jews would basically like Israel to become a Jewish version of Saudi Arabia/Iran/Taliban's Afghanistan.
    Yes and no

Certainly, had Jews been 1 billion on Earth with a core group of ultra-religious 10~20%, certainly their image in the rational-progressive-secular West would be much more negative and close to hostility, viewed as "backward" IslamiST regimes

And certainly, regarding orthopraxy, if really observant, Judaism has much more rules driving everything than Islam, from craddle to grave, from waking up to sleeping at night, in nearly all human actions in the course of his life, there are rules to observe (do's and don'ts) which for the secular-rational mind seems beyond absurdity
    (e.g. since you understand French, you can check some Halakhah (theological law) discussion from rabbanim (rabbis) on whether or not you can put flower in water during Shabbath...
    Spoiler!

But intellectual honesty also forces me to admit that even if autistically religious, Orthodox Jews don't produce near level of violent/aggressive/zealous "radicals" as can """extreme""" Islam (I don't like the word "extreme" but it's for the sake of discussion)

So a theocratic Jewish state won't be as coercitive as an Islamic State and display same level of "violence" (be it symbolic or physical), the social pressure to conform would be more insidious
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

But intellectual honesty also forces me to admit that even if autistically religious, Orthodox Jews don't produce near level of violent/aggressive/zealous "radicals" as can """extreme""" Islam (I don't like the word "extreme" but it's for the sake of discussion)
    In the past I definitely would have agreed with that, but the behaviour of some Israeli settlers and the existence of parties like Shas make me now think otherwise.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In the past I definitely would have agreed with that, but the behaviour of some Israeli settlers and the existence of parties like Shas make me now think otherwise.
    You'll never see a crowd of 100K Jews shouting "Takbir - Allahu Akbar"-equivalent, glorifying God and being galvanized by the idea of fighting (Jihad) for the sake of Allah (fi sabilillah)

The energy (some psychologist would name it "self-indoctrination") that Islam can infuse into individuals and even more in a crowd (crowd always amplifies irrational/emotional behaviors), the galvanization, cannot be found nowadays nowhere else among other human groups - be it other religions (Evangelists, Hindus, and certainly no Catholics, ...), nationalist/patriotic feelings, K-POP fans, ...

I truly believe Islam is exceptionally unique in this ability to get the "best" out of human exaltation

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You'll never see a crowd of 100K Jews shouting "Takbir - Allahu Akbar"-equivalent, glorifying God and being galvanized by the idea of fighting (Jihad) for the sake of Allah (fi sabilillah)

The energy (some psychologist would name it "self-indoctrination") that Islam can infuse into individuals and even more in a crowd (crowd always amplifies irrational/emotional behaviors), the galvanization, cannot be found nowadays nowhere else among other human groups - be it other religions (Evangelists, Hindus, and certainly no Catholics, ...), nationalist/patriotic feelings, K-POP fans, ...

I truly believe Islam is exceptionally unique in this ability to get the "best" out of human exaltation
    What about the VJP and the associated Hindutva movement in India?

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,997
    Given: 12,783

0 Not allowed!

Islam is not an intellectual religion. It appeals to emotions. What you see as a positive I see as child-like. In the dumbest Christian sects you get people acting the same way.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Many people (not least among the elites) in the West have the same universalist pretensions as does much of the Islamic world, only that since the Enlightenment it has been secularised into the creed of "liberal democratic capitalism" without any distinctions among mankind.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What about the VJP and the associated Hindutva movement in India?
    Still it won't generate sufficient exaltation and selflessness to witness tens of thousands of people sacrificying their life (martyrs) for this sake as Islam can easily generate

Spoiler!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Many people (not least among the elites) in the West have the same universalist pretensions as does much of the Islamic world, only that since the Enlightenment it has been secularised into the creed of "liberal democratic capitalism" without any distinctions among mankind.
    Seriously, no one in the West will be galvanized to sacrifice their life and material comfort for the sake of these "liberal democratic capitalist" values...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information