Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are brazilians going to replace portuguese natives by the end of the 21st century?

"Preta, Preta, Pretinha . . ." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sertanejo Nordestino, Crioulo, Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Agreste & Zona da Mata), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    (BR) Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas & Recôncavo, (PT) Aveiro, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto (Med + Sudanid).
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,420
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etelfrido View Post
    I don't think one take their wages in Portugal to determine their social class in Brazil though, they'll obviously be above the Brazilian average due to the exchange rate but that doesn't mean much because the cost of living in Portugal is much higher than here.
    "Quem são os brasileiros em Portugal?
    Os brasileiros em Portugal são muitos e o perfil é bem heterogêneo. São muitos estudantes de graduação, mestrado e doutorado. São investidores no mercado imobiliário, trabalhadores qualificados e não qualificados, empreendedores e aposentados." https://www.eurodicas.com.br/brasile...20para%20morar.

Sadly; The article dont say anything about money, but just by looking at their profissions, they dont see rly from the low-class.
    More Details about my Bahian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Bell View Post
    Sim eu entendo, o problema é que Portugal precisa de mão de obra jovem (e principalmente qualificada), na verdade a Europa como um todo, eu acredito que seria mais interessante ao país atrair portugueses que moram no exterior ( segundo o Atlas da Emigração está na casa dos 1,5M - 2M de portugueses no exterior) de volta à Portugal do que atrair estrangeiros (muitas das vezes, incompativeis com a cultura lusitana) á ir em massa ao país, que poucas vezes possuem qualificação e não é coincidencia a criminalidade está crescendo em Portugal e na Europa como todo, eu acho que até certo ponto imigrantes brasileiros (principalmente os jus-sanguini) beneficiais á Portugal, mas acredito que uma hora vai passar do limite, em primeiro lugar deveria ser conservada a integridade de indentidade e cultura portuguesa, já que ela não precisa ser sacrificada em prol da economia, um não anula o outro.
    O governo tem algum projeto para minimizar a imigração?
    A diferença de salários é tão grande que é quase impossível os emigrantes portugueses voltarem. Rendas altas também não ajudam

O governo não vê problema nenhum com a imigração, só alguns partidos mais à direita, apenas o Chega penso eu.

That's understandable given that there's distrust among Brazilians ourselves, not to mention interregional feuds.

I've once asked Sebastianus a question concerning the origin of Brazilians in Portugal and if my memory serves right he said many were from Minas Gerais and I believe from the Northeast too, has that been your impression as well?
    I'm not sure, the few i have met are from São Paulo.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 660

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Bell View Post
    "Quem são os brasileiros em Portugal?
    Os brasileiros em Portugal são muitos e o perfil é bem heterogêneo. São muitos estudantes de graduação, mestrado e doutorado. São investidores no mercado imobiliário, trabalhadores qualificados e não qualificados, empreendedores e aposentados." https://www.eurodicas.com.br/brasile...20para%20morar.

Sadly; The article dont say anything about money, but just by looking at their profissions, they dont see rly from the low-class.
    Most are probably from the middle class of some sort but I wonder how many are actually from the upper class. Futhermore, the less well off are probably included in the "non-qualified" category, not to mention illegals.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 87

1 Not allowed!

Most Brazilians who immigrate to the USA have roots in the C class (lower middle class), i doubt it's diferrent when it comes to Portugal.

https://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/internacional/noticia/2015-06/maioria-dos-imigrantes-brasileiros-nos-estados-unidos-e-da-classe-c

Most of the interviewees in this video filmed in Recife cocerning social classes belonged to the C class, one of them even jokingly responded the question "what's your social class?" as simply "poor". Assuming this is the typical Brazilian immigrant they are not particulary well off people.

Be that as it may even if the Brazilian immigrants were super duper white and rich i don't think the Portuguese people wold be happy to be "replaced". If Spaniards which are white and similar to the Portuguese started mass immigrating and replaced them i doubt the natives wold be happy even if they may be preferable over third-worlders.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 660

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    Most Brazilians who immigrate to the USA have roots in the C class (lower middle class), i doubt it's diferrent when it comes to Portugal.

https://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/internacional/noticia/2015-06/maioria-dos-imigrantes-brasileiros-nos-estados-unidos-e-da-classe-c

Most of the interviewees in this video filmed in Recife cocerning social classes belonged to the C class, one of them even jokingly responded the question "what's your social class?" as simply "poor". Assuming this is the typical Brazilian immigrant they are not particulary well off people.

Be that as it may even if the Brazilian immigrants were super duper white and rich i don't think the Portuguese people wold be happy to be "replaced". If Spaniards which are white and similar to the Portuguese started mass immigrating and replaced them i doubt the natives wold be happy even if they may be preferable over third-worlders.
    There are indubitably rich people who emigrate to Miami or some nice places in Europe but Portugal has the "aggravating" factor of sharing a language with us, so it also ends up attracting people who didn't have the means to learn other languages.

And I agree with the last part because rich white Brazilians are also influenced by Brazilian culture and have their differences compared to the Portuguese, starting by the accent.

"Preta, Preta, Pretinha . . ." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sertanejo Nordestino, Crioulo, Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Agreste & Zona da Mata), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    (BR) Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas & Recôncavo, (PT) Aveiro, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto (Med + Sudanid).
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,420
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

Idk if Lower-Middle class but anyway its a consensus that is somewhere in Middle-Class.
    And obviously even with the majority of them begin "White" the Portugueses dont will be happy if their country will be replaced by whites or blacks or asians as long they begin replaced, but the majority of that whites get their Passaport by jus sanguini and many had meet their recent Portuguese ancestor, so their have stronger connection with the culture.
    And its not even under debate that White Brazilians suffers less discrimination than Black or maybe Pardo Brazilian imigrants, bcs they both receive xenofoby but the other group + racism.
    More Details about my Bahian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

1 Not allowed!

It's a question of numbers, not race. People are also not happy with americans coming here and driving the prices up.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mameluco paulista
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 54

2 Not allowed!

I haven't seen any study on the part in bold but nevertheless I'm not sure about it, I've seen some videos of Brazilians there who definitely were from the lower class and obtaining the Portuguese citizenship by jus sanguinis isn't that easy because if I recall correctly one had to have at least one grandparent who was born in Portugal (that was case at least until recently) and that doesn't apply to the vast majority of Brazilians, who tended to go there with a work visa I think.
    I agree with that, because I have portuguese citizenship and it's not that easy to obtain. You must have (or at least had when I applied for it) a portuguese parent. Two of my paternal great-grandparents were portuguese, so for me to obtain the citizenship, my grandfather had to become a portuguese citizen (through his parents), then my father had to do the same (because now his father, my grandpa, was portuguese) and only after that I was allowed to apply for it. It took some years and costed a lot of money.

And it's not cheap at all. Something like 1100-1500 reais, which is the minimum wage in Brazil. So most Brazilians cannot afford it.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mameluco paulista
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 54

0 Not allowed!

By the way, my portuguese citizenship card and visa expired in 2021 or something like that, and I haven't been able to renew it yet (a lot of bureucraucies). It costs the same 1100-1500 reais as before (which I, even being middle-class and having a job, am not in condition to spend it).

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Portugal is 8 hours away from Brazil.

Brazil has 220 million people, its wealth is very low, and the average Brazilian is poorer than a Chinese, Iraqi, or Lebanese.

A poor Brazilian needs more than 300 years to achieve the average Brazilian income level. 300 years!

Living conditions in Brazil are generally much lower than in Portugal.

Logistics in Brazil are completely opposite to Portugal. Portugal can be crossed from north to south in 4 and a half hours. In Minas Gerais, that would be like crossing the state from Juiz de Fora to a city in the middle of the state...

A minimum wage in Portugal is equivalent to almost 5000 reais.

With a Portuguese minimum wage, a Brazilian living in Portugal already earns more than 90% of Brazilians living in Brazil. 90%!!! (In jobs that Portuguese usually don't want).

In Brazil, there are few jobs. And almost never jobs that really add value.

Brazil is undergoing a process of great regression, where discussions from 400 years ago like capitalism vs communism or military dictatorship or strictly stupid cancellations or discussions about agribusiness or crazy entrepreneurship without education based on "positive thinking" have to be discussed.

Brazil is becoming an increasingly evangelical jihadist state where there is less and less tolerance for freedom of expression. Any report tells me this is true. Religion in Brazil is generally a brainwashing machine with no turning back.

Brazil is one of the most violent countries in the world. Portugal is perhaps the most peaceful country in the world.

Unfortunately, Brazil is a country that has no way of keeping up with the world. It doesn't. The gap in the coming years will not be 3 or 4 times the euro, but perhaps 20 or 30 or more. What Brazil produces will not withstand time.

More and more, Brazil will have poorer poor people, and inflation will be gigantic in the coming years.

Brazil has lost all international credibility in the last 5 years. And we Portuguese follow everything, because we speak the same language, and we are severely completely disillusioned. It's too bad.

Brazil is perhaps the farthest country in the world. There is no cultural exchange. Brazil generally lives in a very separate world. And more and more. What is most shocking is the lack of awareness, functional illiteracy, and little distillation of information. Even basic concepts like "proportion" escape many — I see it every day, even whose population tends to be quite qualified.

Brazil has no hope, not even a glimmer of hope. It's very sad to see the path Brazil is on, where the impossible always happens.

Portugal and Brazil speak the same language. Usually, Brazilians do not speak other languages fluently.

Brazilians, with just one ticket, forget about the country's problems. It's very easy. 8 hours of travel and you have one of the best lives in the world. So, it's very natural for Brazilians to live in Portugal.

The strange thing is that there are still few Brazilians compared to what there could be. The good thing is that Brazilians emigrate very little.
    Last edited by Golden Iberian; 02-10-2024 at 07:34 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information