Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are brazilians going to replace portuguese natives by the end of the 21st century?

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

You guys aren't clearly on pair with the legislation specifically about emigration between Brazil and Portugal. Nowadays there is a thing called CPLP documentation which gives free transit to any brazilian which gives a manifesto of willness to find a job and asks an authorization for residence to be legal in the country. Just as easy as that.

https://www.eurodicas.com.br/autoriz...p-em-portugal/

Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 09:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Bangladeshi Bengali
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sacha View Post
    Would you say this is noticeable in day-to-day life? I have been reading grim things about Portuguese migration out of Portugal, kind of reminds me of the Lebanese and their population change, though not as drastic for sure. A few years ago I heard a lot about SAs (mostly Indians) going to Portugal and using it as a 'stepping stone' to reach the UK, but I haven't come across much about how big these communities are/if they are staying for longer now.

This video sums it up pretty well. No its not a stepping stone to the UK. Working in Portugal for 7 years gets them a passport they can eventually use to travel anywhere in the EU.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jambudvīpa View Post

This video sums it up pretty well. No its not a stepping stone to the UK. Working in Portugal for 7 years gets them a passport they can eventually use to travel anywhere in the EU.
    Majority of the hindustanis in Portugal nowadays are unemployed receiving money from Social Security. Social security even grants them money they don't give to portuguese people even helping with the rent.

Last edited by Golden Iberian; 02-11-2024 at 11:33 AM.

"Preta, Preta, Pretinha . . ." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sertanejo Nordestino, Crioulo, Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Agreste & Zona da Mata), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    (BR) Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas & Recôncavo, (PT) Aveiro, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto (Med + Sudanid).
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,420
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Iberian View Post
    Portugal is 8 hours away from Brazil.

Brazil has 220 million people, its wealth is very low, and the average Brazilian is poorer than a Chinese, Iraqi, or Lebanese.

A poor Brazilian needs more than 300 years to achieve the average Brazilian income level. 300 years!

Living conditions in Brazil are generally much lower than in Portugal.

Logistics in Brazil are completely opposite to Portugal. Portugal can be crossed from north to south in 4 and a half hours. In Minas Gerais, that would be like crossing the state from Juiz de Fora to a city in the middle of the state...

A minimum wage in Portugal is equivalent to almost 5000 reais.

With a Portuguese minimum wage, a Brazilian living in Portugal already earns more than 90% of Brazilians living in Brazil. 90%!!! (In jobs that Portuguese usually don't want).

In Brazil, there are few jobs. And almost never jobs that really add value.

Brazil is undergoing a process of great regression, where discussions from 400 years ago like capitalism vs communism or military dictatorship or strictly stupid cancellations or discussions about agribusiness or crazy entrepreneurship without education based on "positive thinking" have to be discussed.

Brazil is becoming an increasingly evangelical jihadist state where there is less and less tolerance for freedom of expression. Any report tells me this is true. Religion in Brazil is generally a brainwashing machine with no turning back.

Brazil is one of the most violent countries in the world. Portugal is perhaps the most peaceful country in the world.

Unfortunately, Brazil is a country that has no way of keeping up with the world. It doesn't. The gap in the coming years will not be 3 or 4 times the euro, but perhaps 20 or 30 or more. What Brazil produces will not withstand time.

More and more, Brazil will have poorer poor people, and inflation will be gigantic in the coming years.

Brazil has lost all international credibility in the last 5 years. And we Portuguese follow everything, because we speak the same language, and we are severely completely disillusioned. It's too bad.

Brazil is perhaps the farthest country in the world. There is no cultural exchange. Brazil generally lives in a very separate world. And more and more. What is most shocking is the lack of awareness, functional illiteracy, and little distillation of information. Even basic concepts like "proportion" escape many — I see it every day, even whose population tends to be quite qualified.

Brazil has no hope, not even a glimmer of hope. It's very sad to see the path Brazil is on, where the impossible always happens.

Portugal and Brazil speak the same language. Usually, Brazilians do not speak other languages fluently.

Brazilians, with just one ticket, forget about the country's problems. It's very easy. 8 hours of travel and you have one of the best lives in the world. So, it's very natural for Brazilians to live in Portugal.

The strange thing is that there are still few Brazilians compared to what there could be. The good thing is that Brazilians emigrate very little.
    The average Brazilian isnt poorer than the avr Chinese, Lebanese or Iraqi . . U can check it by urself: https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ra)_per_capita

Yeah minimum wage in Portugal its equivalent to 5000RS but Portugal is also a much expensive country than Brazil.

With the part of logistic u are right, what i take to go just from one city to other its almost half of Portugal size and that sucks.

Abt the political part of Brazil, yeah comunism x capitalism discussions and things like that are comum but i mean, we are more interested in how can we preserve Amazonia without impact the agronomical industry, Brazil its not only what shows im TV, especially in Youtube which any topic just turn in a pointless discussion.

Abt Brazil criminality, rly depends, its a big problem more in Capitals and the suburban areas, like USA, which lile 20 cities corresponds of 60% of the crimes.

Abt religion, idk where u hearded that Brazil is turning in a evangelical jihadist state, most of population its not even evangelical and atheism its just growing year per year in IBGE, unless u talking abt guys like Bolsonaro, but he just a military from a conservative and rich family, he dont represents the majority not even a good part of what most Brazilians think abt religion.

Also idk where u hearded that we are getting poorer? IDH of Brazil in 2010 was 0.724 now its projected to be 0.808 in 2024.
    https://www.midianews.com.br/politic...-brasil/437334

Also we received a pretty strong crisis during covid-19, but now things are getting stable and Pib startes growing to normal levels, idk if is bcs TV just show the most negative side of Brazil, of course we are nor perfect and Portugal is indiscutible a more rich country but we arent "hopeless", i understand the vision that most people have from Brazil begin just Rio & NorthEastern Favelas but the reality its that average brazilians lives well, i mean, we arent in the top 10 richest, neither the top 5 safest, but also things arent that bad, u can check by urself in IBGE for example, i wonder how comum its that pesperctive that things here are that apocaliptical.
    More Details about my Bahian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Bell View Post
    The average Brazilian isnt poorer than the avr Chinese, Lebanese or Iraqi . . U can check it by urself: https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ra)_per_capita

Yeah minimum wage in Portugal its equivalent to 5000RS but Portugal is also a much expensive country than Brazil.

With the part of logistic u are right, what i take to go just from one city to other its almost half of Portugal size and that sucks.

Abt the political part of Brazil, yeah comunism x capitalism discussions and things like that are comum but i mean, we are more interested in how can we preserve Amazonia without impact the agronomical industry, Brazil its not only what shows im TV, especially in Youtube which any topic just turn in a pointless discussion.

Abt Brazil criminality, rly depends, its a big problem more in Capitals and the suburban areas, like USA, which lile 20 cities corresponds of 60% of the crimes.

Abt religion, idk where u hearded that Brazil is turning in a evangelical jihadist state, most of population its not even evangelical and atheism its just growing year per year in IBGE, unless u talking abt guys like Bolsonaro, but he just a military from a conservative and rich family, he dont represents the majority not even a good part of what most Brazilians think abt religion.

Also idk where u hearded that we are getting poorer? IDH of Brazil in 2010 was 0.724 now its projected to be 0.808 in 2024.
    https://www.midianews.com.br/politic...-brasil/437334

Also we received a pretty strong crisis during covid-19, but now things are getting stable and Pib startes growing to normal levels, idk if is bcs TV just show the most negative side of Brazil, of course we are nor perfect and Portugal is indiscutible a more rich country but we arent "hopeless", i understand the vision that most people have from Brazil begin just Rio & NorthEastern Favelas but the reality its that average brazilians lives well, i mean, we arent in the top 10 richest, neither the top 5 safest, but also things arent that bad, u can check by urself in IBGE for example, i wonder how comum its that pesperctive that things here are that apocaliptical.
    The data says everything different than what you just said, but yeah whatever fits your bubble.

1. Median Wealth below Iraq, China and Lebanon.

2. Life Expectancy

3. Population in Extreme Poverty

4. Physical Security of Women

5.Crime Index (every country has big cities and suburban areas, not only Brazil lol)

6. Quality of Life

And for the final: "Brazilians are the second people with more ignorance about reality." https://exame.com/brasil/brasil-fica...e-a-realidade/

Given this results, what do you really expect? That I'll sugarcoat and saying things that aren't true and from a bubble? It's not with joy that I say it, ok.

"Preta, Preta, Pretinha . . ." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sertanejo Nordestino, Crioulo, Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Agreste & Zona da Mata), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    (BR) Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas & Recôncavo, (PT) Aveiro, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto (Med + Sudanid).
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,420
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

The data says everything different than what you just said, but yeah whatever fits your bubble.

1. Median Wealth below Iraq, China and Lebanon.

2. Life Expectancy

3. Population in Extreme Poverty

4. Physical Security of Women

5.Crime Index (every country has big cities and suburban areas, not only Brazil lol)

6. Quality of Life

And for the final: "Brazilians are the second people with more ignorance about reality." https://exame.com/brasil/brasil-fica...e-a-realidade/

Given this results, what do you really expect? That I'll sugarcoat and saying things that aren't true and from a bubble? It's not with joy that I say it, ok.
    Opa, ty for the studies, i did not knew them, ill read later
    More Details about my Bahian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

1 Not allowed!

Portugal is 8 hours away from Brazil.

Brazil has 220 million people, its wealth is very low, and the average Brazilian is poorer than a Chinese, Iraqi, or Lebanese.

A poor Brazilian needs more than 300 years to achieve the average Brazilian income level. 300 years!

Living conditions in Brazil are generally much lower than in Portugal.
    Eu já considero que os EUA não estão bem, mas pode ter uma carta na manga e ainda tem a moeda mundial! A Europa está em situação mais difícil. População envelhecida e déficit de previdência, saldo comercial negativo e estagnação ou perda do PIB desde a crise do sub-prime de 2008.

A economia de moeda mais forte são pareadas com o dólar. Os EUA aumentam a oferta monetária que tem moeda pareada imprimem proporcionalmente, o resultado e o aumento do preço de serviços, mão de obra e o mercado imobiliário, os produtos importados não aumentam de preço, mas a balaca negativa aumenta.

O Brasil não está estagnado, mas está com crescimento lento em boa parte devido ao crescimento asiático em principal China que prejudica a capacidade industrial do ocidente pela metade.

Brazil has lost all international credibility in the last 5 years. And we Portuguese follow everything, because we speak the same language, and we are severely completely disillusioned. It's too bad.
    Que eu saiba o Brasil tem melhorado internacionalmente.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    Eu já considero que os EUA não estão bem, mas pode ter uma carta na manga e ainda tem a moeda mundial! A Europa está em situação mais difícil. População envelhecida e déficit de previdência, saldo comercial negativo e estagnação ou perda do PIB desde a crise do sub-prime de 2008.

A economia de moeda mais forte são pareadas com o dólar. Os EUA aumentam a oferta monetária que tem moeda pareada imprimem proporcionalmente, o resultado e o aumento do preço de serviços, mão de obra e o mercado imobiliário, os produtos importados não aumentam de preço, mas a balaca negativa aumenta.

O Brasil não está estagnado, mas está com crescimento lento em boa parte devido ao crescimento asiático em principal China que prejudica a capacidade industrial do ocidente pela metade.

Que eu saiba o Brasil tem melhorado internacionalmente.
    Your argument does not invalidate anything I mentioned. Just confirm. The lack of notion, mainly.
    Has Brazil grown? Like all countries in the world, including Portugal. And even more than Brazil. Now let's see...

Portugal is about 4 times richer per person in terms of income. But in terms of wealth, I would say that the Portuguese are about 10 or 20 times richer than Brazilians, and also the distribution of wealth, although bad, is much better than in Brazil.

My initial intention was never to say who is better or worse but rather to say that given the situation in Brazil and its size there are still few brazilians in Portugal. Like all maps that I've shown confirms.
    Last edited by Golden Iberian; 02-11-2024 at 11:27 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,820
    Given: 11,620

1 Not allowed!

Many Brazilians feel a strong sense of connection with Portugal, due to the shared history between the two countries. Portugal offers a number of excellent university exchange programs and scholarships for Brazilian students. Portugal is also a popular destination for Brazilian tourists who want to experience European culture. While there is some migration between Brazil and Portugal, it is not on a large scale. The vast majority of Brazilians are happy to live in their country, and there is no evidence to suggest that there is any interest in mass migration. The relationship between Brazil and Portugal is strong and mutually beneficial, and it is likely to continue to be so in the future.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Your argument does not invalidate anything I mentioned. Just confirm. The lack of notion, mainly.
    Has Brazil grown? Like all countries in the world, including Portugal. And even more than Brazil. Now let's see...

Portugal is about 4 times richer per person in terms of income. But in terms of wealth, I would say that the Portuguese are about 10 or 20 times richer than Brazilians, and also the distribution of wealth, although bad, is much better than in Brazil.[/URL]
    Esse gráfico é renda percapta por moeda (poder de compra internacional, mas os produtos que se encontram em seus pais são nacionais ou importados com tributos) é mais conveniente de usar em países que imprimem moeda, mas não tem produção proporcional. Eu procurei mas não encontrei gráfico de PPA (Paridade por Poder Aquisitivo). Eu não sei o que você entende como riqueza. Os EUA durante um período foram realmente ricos, lugar onde poderia comprar uma casa grande em pouco tempo e a comida era barata, sendo uma moradia e alimentação fundamentais no custo de vida.
    Sair de uma regiao com 40% da populacao na classe media (Renda Media) e ir para outra regiao com 60% na classe media (renda alta ou 1 mundo) mas o custo de vida aumenta proporcionalmente, voce nao sera mais rico.

My initial intention was never to say who is better or worse but rather to say that given the situation in Brazil and its size there are still few brazilians in Portugal. Like all maps that I've shown confirms.
    é óbvio que você está comparando. Por que não se compara com Angola onde Portugal tem uma margem de renda maior?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information