For what it's worth, in the town my family is from in the Ribatejo there have been several Brazilian families who have moved there in the past decade, and their children outnumber the Portuguese children in the kindergarten. The vast majority are from the São Paulo state and according to a cousin of mine who teaches there all but one of the 8 Brazilian children is "white". There are also a few families from Niteroi whom appear to have mixed backgrounds. Most of the Brazilians in the region seem to work in various factories of the region, with Brazilian women seeming to dominate the local hair and nail salons. The only thing that seems to annoy the locals is the propensity of some to have open air services in the municipal park for their evangelical churches.

When I was in Rio de Janeiro last year for work I ended up in a private hospital and had to have an emergency surgery at a private hospital. I was hospitalized for four days there and though I was born and live mostly in the US, my Portuguese accent seemed to be a thing of interest to various doctors and nurses. They all seemed to want to speak with me about Portugal. The interest in moving to Portugal seemed to be significant, with two doctors having told me about their intentions to eventually move to Portugal with one having already acquired an apartment in Cascais. There are definitely quite a few upper class Brazilians in Cascais and Estoril.

Not sure if some Brazilians will use Portugal as a stepping stone to other European countries, as I was made aware of one family where they moved to Ireland after obtaining Portuguese citizenship and another did the same going to Germany. The South Asians definitely seem to have this as an objective and the past summer when I was in a restaurant in Bruges I was served by two Bangladeshi individuals who had obtained Portuguese citizenship after having lived in Tavira for seven years.