Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that non engineer politicians should be allowed to make law related to tech?

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,190
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Live The Magic View Post
    I can't support the idiot that pretends better (in case of politics). I can't pick lesser evil over greater evil. Evil is evil and should be gone.
    Cool story. But no real ideas. Something tells me that you won't be here for very long.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Live The Magic View Post
    Well, for once to stop degenerate thieves that already broke billions of lives (lawyers and economists) to break/destroy few billion more.
    Economists and lawyers don't have religious/philosophical base as well. Unless you consider self-idolizing in case of lawyers, and money-idolizing in case of economists. They don't care for average citizen of their country.
    Why would technocrats care about the average citizen? Is it some default trait of engineers and technocrats? I often find this kind of people to be quite cynic and selfish, not by some malicious intent but by general mentality.

An evil technocrat may make evil things and methods much more effective than an evil non-technocrat (and he will use the service of a technocrat for it). Whole progress leaded not just to useful and positive things, but to other level of destruction, violence, opression and its methods.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,483
    Given: 13,196

2 Not allowed!

Thing is, politicians don't have to be geniuses or have a stack of diplomas... they just have to be good, decent people but nowadays you'll hardly find one.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    What do you mean devilish if every politican would be from a technological background?
    I mean the tricks they'd be able to pull on an unsuspecting populace and collaboration with those in the tech industry. Just look at what the social media companies do already. The last thing we need is a government that altogether know more than the people they govern. How would you begin to hold them accountable?

Last Online
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,131
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Still waiting to hear about great leaders with STEM background. LOL
    China president xi have chemical engineering degree
    I don't think that degree in stem for politician are rare at all especially in Asian countries.
    Because studying stem is quite common in Asia
    Like 40% to 50% graduate in China are in science. Which is like 18% in USA. So higher chance of engineer in politics.

I don't believe that engineer would be best suited to make law related to medicine Or economic either. You need to understand something if you want to make law

I mean i see some of the question senator in American ask these tech CEO's. It is obvious that they don't
    understand technology at all. It is not even about background in engineering. It is also their age.

Extremely incompetent politicians in America
    American elite used to be very competent.

They don't have used technology

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I mean the tricks they'd be able to pull on an unsuspecting populace and collaboration with those in the tech industry. Just look at what the social media companies do already. The last thing we need is a government that altogether know more than the people they govern. How would you begin to hold them accountable?
    Basically you want incomplete politicians?

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

I think Taiwan success has more to do with their general high level and IQ than engineering leadership. Taiwanese are descendants of "white" anti-communist Han Chinese so people with higher level than was average in China. I met some Taiwanese people and they were very impressive.
    Taiwan success has to do with both IQ and engineering leadership. Just read about its history in the last 50 years. If it's about their high IQ then why did they focus to engineering leadership?

Still waiting to hear about great leaders with STEM background. LOL
    Angela Merkel was a good leader for many years before blewing it with immigration crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Old Comrade View Post
    I agree. A good cabinet is based of lawyers, judges, histiorians, trade unionists (often have a legal background) and philosophers. Supported by people with knowledge in the respective fields.
    Yes. Your average engineer would say you don't need philosophers because they usually don't understand every nation needs much more than high tech - it needs ideas, strong culture and identity. People with business and economy backgounds are also welcome as this are very wide fields and include human relations and organisation.

I would never say we don't need engineers and scientists - ofc we do and they can serve well in their expert capacity.
    Neither would I say that we don't need lawyers, managers etc. I am not that narrow minded. And I am very much for philosophy. Science, engineering and philosophy.
    But in the 21th century lawyers, managers etc should be on sidelines and not in leadership.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What's the motivation for technocrats (as leaders) except of their narrow minded sphere? They lack any kind of ideology, they don't have religious/philosophical base for their actions, they can be just part of the process, but not the conductors. High tech is needed for something and someone, not for itself like some kind of idol.
    I noticed many of so called STEM experts have Messianic complex these days and think world resolves around them. Basically they are legitimately delusional about self-importance and think they are better than anyone else especially with media putting STEM on pedestal and promoting it as some kind of own end goal for everyone despite small percentage of population is really suited for these jobs and technology should serve society and not the opposite.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rajputprincess View Post
    China president xi have chemical engineering degree
    I don't think that degree in stem for politician are rare at all especially in Asian countries.
    Because studying stem is quite common in Asia
    Like 40% to 50% graduate in China are in science. Which is like 18% in USA. So higher chance of engineer in politics.
    That's because China promotes it wanting to catch up technologically with the west.

I don't believe that engineer would be best suited to make law related to medicine Or economic either. You need to understand something if you want to make law
    You still don't get politicans have teams of experts around themselves and they don't need to know the details of how things work nor can they know it. What they do need is a clear vision and ideological foundation with excellent menagerial skills.

I mean i see some of the question senator in American ask these tech CEO's. It is obvious that they don't
    understand technology at all. It is not even about background in engineering. It is also their age.

Extremely incompetent politicians in America
    American elite used to be very competent.

They don't have used technology
    It's more to do with decline of American Empire and west in general, lowering of quality of education, woke and cultural marxism takeover of academia and policies like affirmative section where real talent is discriminated to make room for "disadvanteaged minorities".

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I noticed many of so called STEM experts have Messianic complex these days and think world resolves around them. Basically they are legitimately delusional about self-importance and think they are better than anyone else especially with media putting STEM on pedestal and promoting it as some kind of own end goal for everyone despite small percentage of population is really suited for these jobs and technology should serve society and not the opposite.

I mean you yourself were insulting stem graduate. Like they're all nerds.

It is more of a stereotypes in Western countries tbh. Watch shows from Asian countries. Women in Asia like engineer. I think in general they like intelligence more in men . Engineer being nerd is not stereotypes in all countries

I mean most tech companies CEO's are engineer. And they're biggest. Engineer definitely have leadership qualities.

I mean i believe you need to understand something before making law. Like I would expect people with military background to make law related to military. Someone who don't even know how to use gun shouldn't .

A very rounded cabinet have economist scientist engineer lawyer doctor pharmacist veteran etc.

And really politicians with stem degree are common in many Asian countries. Because of higher percentage of people with stem background.
    I mean reason why they're not many politicians with stem degree in USA. Is because of low percent of people with stem degree

Really that's what is it about

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information