Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by #Oda# View Post
    I'm a NW German native with well researched pedigree. Plattitüdenpaule as well, but with a smaller part of E German ancestry.
    But you are right, we have been quite whirled around since WW2.
    Well if you're from the Platt area you know what I mean, every second person got a non-local grandparent or something.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    NW German
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Tronder (G25)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 739
    Given: 594

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    Well if you're from the Platt area you know what I mean, every second person got a non-local grandparent or something.
    Yes, quite true. This will illustrate it:
    My father's best friend is a Silesian, my mother's best friend is a Silesian, our mayor was a Silesian, my aunt married a Silesian.
    So I indeed almost feel about being one of the last indigenous people of my generation of my region.
    Last edited by #Oda#; 02-14-2024 at 12:27 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    NW German
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Tronder (G25)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 739
    Given: 594

0 Not allowed!

I'm not Shure that you do get my point, internal migration in most of the countries was from the farms to the cities, so you do actually have places with low degrees of mixing in those countries, in Germany the countryside changed. It was just a thing of a different magnitude. And the thing is that those people had no boundaries against marrying other Germans. It's not like with pakistanis in UK or something it's just that we will be studying the ghost populations. I'm not saying it should not be done any information is better than none, just that we will be really studying the thing of the past.
    Many non-Germans arent aware of this, because they never experienced a comparable thing during their history and Germans ofc never made a fuss of it.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,041
    Given: 6,628

0 Not allowed!

I'm not Shure that you do get my point, internal migration in most of the countries was from the farms to the cities, so you do actually have places with low degrees of mixing in those countries, in Germany the countryside changed. It was just a thing of a different magnitude. And the thing is that those people had no boundaries against marrying other Germans. It's not like with pakistanis in UK or something it's just that we will be studying the ghost populations. I'm not saying it should not be done any information is better than none, just that we will be really studying the thing of the past.
    OK, perhaps it is more extreme in Germany, but the percentages of internal migrants from the map you posted (if I'm reading it correctly) don't look all that different from what would be the case in the likes of Britain over a longer period since the Industrial Revolution - there is the large-scale Irish migration to England, Scotland and Wales, the English migration to Wales and Cornwall, the Scottish and Welsh migration to England, the Northern English migration to the South, and the re-migration of mixed British & Irish and other whites from around the Empire back to Britain after decolonisation. All of whom are embedded by now. Plus with such recent migration in Germany you can genetically differentiate the 'pure' locals from the mixed or Easterners, t-sne cluster maps show it. And there must surely be rural areas in Western Germany that are largely unchanged since before the war.
    Spoiler!

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 09:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,592
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    OK, perhaps it is more extreme in Germany, but the percentages of internal migrants from the map you posted (if I'm reading it correctly) don't look all that different from what would be the case in the likes of Britain over a longer period since the Industrial Revolution - there is the large-scale Irish migration to England, Scotland and Wales, the English migration to Wales and Cornwall, the Scottish and Welsh migration to England, the Northern English migration to the South, and the re-migration of mixed British & Irish and other whites from around the Empire back to Britain after decolonisation. All of whom are embedded by now. Plus with such recent migration in Germany you can genetically differentiate the 'pure' locals from the mixed or Easterners, t-sne cluster maps show it. And there must surely be rural areas in Western Germany that are largely unchanged since before the war.
    I think the British Isles are less diverse than the German countries. But it's true that Western Germany is full of people with one or two Eastern grandparents. Don't forget WW2 ended almost 80 years ago at this point. And I guess since the 90s the East is receiving some more patriotic/socially conservative people from the West because the former is less woke and less diverse.

Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 10:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Again i'm not saying that this study will be useless, i'm all for it, i'm just explaining that it the figures that we will get will not represent modern-day picture in a resonable way. As for comparisson with other countries, it's just can not be compared, not shure if you read the figures right, but right after the war 12-14 millions moved from EE, later in 1950-2020 4.6 mil moved from EE and exUSSR areas and 3.6 mil moved from Eastern Germany to the West, thing when you go to the countryside in France, UK or Ireland, it's still mostly natives for hundreds of years, in Germany it's really not the case.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I think the British Isles are less diverse than the German countries. But it's true that Western Germany is full of people with one or two Eastern grandparents. Don't forget WW2 ended almost 80 years ago at this point. And I guess since the 90s the East is receiving some more patriotic/socially conservative people from the West because the former is less woke and less diverse.
    Nobody actually moves to East Germany, maybe to Dresden, Leipzig or Berlin, but not to the other places. And those cities are left\green.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

I think impact of east German refugees may be overrated.

West Germany always had notably higher population and higher population density than the east?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    I think impact of east German refugees may be overrated.

West Germany always had notably higher population and higher population density than the east?
    It always been, but alltogether Germany recieved about 20-22 mil migrants from EE and East Germany.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

It always been, but alltogether Germany recieved about 20-22 mil migrants from EE and East Germany.
    Yeah that's really enormous. Did some of them settle in ex DDR?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information