Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,324
    Given: 59,094

2 Not allowed!

Default Question how rare are green eyes

How rare is red hair and green eyes?

Less than 2% of the world population has red hair, and around 2% of the world population has green eyes. When the math is done (0.02 x 0.02=0.0004), you get a total of 0.04%. Although it isn't the exact number, it is safe to say that around 3 million people have both red hair and green eyes (0.04% of 7.6 billion).18.06.2020

I agree about the red hair, that it is very rare, but i disagree about the green, i do not think green is more rare then blue or gray, because green is often part of mixed eyes, like hazel and even many blue eyes have green in it. Maybe they count only a certain type of "pure" green eyes? What are green eyes? At least in Austria a type of green and or mixed green eyes are the most common eye color in native austrians. Either blue green or hazel or green.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    https://www.instagram.com/gipsystrength/
    Tell me AM I lying?
    Interview with a Klansman Mortimers Parody
    As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. ~ Adolf Hitler

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,467
    Given: 15,633

1 Not allowed!

Correct, mixed eyes are not 'true' green though, if we include Hazel of course they are not going to be the most uncommon.
    Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,596
    Given: 29,041

4 Not allowed!

Red hair is significantly less than 2% in the world. There are even European populations that are under 2%. Even in places that have the highest amount of red hair it is only 10% and that is in small populations. So 2% is a vast over estimation. When you look up statistics a lot of the time they aren't accurate. They are just pulled out of a hat. How many redheads in populations like the Chinese, Indians and Africans?

I'd say green eyes would have a higher percentage worldwide but statistics that you see on the internet about eye and hair colours are not accurate.

Gypsy Fight Night - Gypsy Strength
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Beautifully Divisive and Anti-White Nationalist
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Red hair is significantly less than 2% in the world. There are even European populations that are under 2%. Even in places that have the highest amount of red hair it is only 10% and that is in small populations. So 2% is a vast over estimation. When you look up statistics a lot of the time they aren't accurate. They are just pulled out of a hat. How many redheads in populations like the Chinese, Indians and Africans?

I'd say green eyes would have a higher percentage worldwide but statistics that you see on the internet about eye and hair colours are not accurate.
    I copied and pasted it from google answers, it might be wrong though, i dont know, do you have a other source which you trust?
    Tell me AM I lying?
    As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. ~ Adolf Hitler

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,596
    Given: 29,041

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I copied and pasted it from google answers, it might be wrong though, i dont know, do you have a other source which you trust?
    It's fairly obvious it is an over estimation. A lot of these statistics are just estimations and not based on data.

Temporarily suspended for selling nuclear secrets
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 12:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    90% French (over 23 Filles du Roi), 6% Spanish, 0.5% Amerindian (Algonquin, Mi'kmaq), NWE
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H4a
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid + Subhumanid + Inbredid
    Hero
    Definitely not Norb's
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 2,472

0 Not allowed!

[deleted]

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,200
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    How rare is red hair and green eyes?

Less than 2% of the world population has red hair, and around 2% of the world population has green eyes. When the math is done (0.02 x 0.02=0.0004), you get a total of 0.04%. Although it isn't the exact number, it is safe to say that around 3 million people have both red hair and green eyes (0.04% of 7.6 billion).18.06.2020

I agree about the red hair, that it is very rare, but i disagree about the green, i do not think green is more rare then blue or gray, because green is often part of mixed eyes, like hazel and even many blue eyes have green in it. Maybe they count only a certain type of "pure" green eyes? What are green eyes? At least in Austria a type of green and or mixed green eyes are the most common eye color in native austrians. Either blue green or hazel or green.
    Green eyes, on the world’s scale it is the rarest eye colour, regardless the percentage . Unfortunately for you, it’s less common than blue or gray eyes. Nevertheless, in populations of Northern, Eastern and Central Europe it’s relatively common. You are actually wrong, in fact many times gray or grayish eyes are confused for blue eyes. Many individuals who are actually gray-eyed in Eastern European lands are oftentimes labeled as blue-eyed. The blue-gray or gray-blue eye colour is much more common than the blue-green ( which also my eye colour ) type. For example in Northeastern Europe ( Baltic States, Finland, North-West Russia ), the most common eye colour is blue-gray or gray-blue reaching frequencies as high as 90% in Estonia. Hazel eyes aren’t green eyes. Hazel have mixtures of green, amber, light brown shades, sometimes even blue shades. It’s a very mixed eye colour. Many Central Europeans do have hazel eyes ( e.g. France, Austria, etc…. ). Red hair is obviously more rare than green eyes as it is genetically the most recessive hair colour as well. The chances for one person to be a ginger are thus pretty narrow. Only in places of Europe which were previously isolated such as the British Isles and Scandinavia, one could expect to see a relatively common occurrence of ginger hair.

Gypsy Fight Night - Gypsy Strength
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Beautifully Divisive and Anti-White Nationalist
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Green eyes, on the world’s scale it is the rarest eye colour, regardless the percentage . Unfortunately for you, it’s less common than blue or gray eyes. Nevertheless, in populations of Northern, Eastern and Central Europe it’s relatively common. You are actually wrong, in fact many times gray or grayish eyes are confused for blue eyes. Many individuals who are actually gray-eyed in Eastern European lands are oftentimes labeled as blue-eyed. The blue-gray or gray-blue eye colour is much more common than the blue-green ( which also my eye colour ) type. For example in Northeastern Europe ( Baltic States, Finland, North-West Russia ), the most common eye colour is blue-gray or gray-blue reaching frequencies as high as 90% in Estonia. Hazel eyes aren’t green eyes. Hazel have mixtures of green, amber, light brown shades, sometimes even blue shades. It’s a very mixed eye colour. Many Central Europeans do have hazel eyes ( e.g. France, Austria, etc…. ).
    I speak only from observation and green brown eyes or green blue eyes are still part Green
    Tell me AM I lying?

Unvaccinated Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Religion
    non-Abrahamic Heathen
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,485
    Given: 1,542

1 Not allowed!

I call my eyes hazel, like my father's eyes, but a doctor put "blue" in my medical records. Sometimes they look blue. Sometimes they look green.

My Mom has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. One of her brothers had green eyes and red hair. The other brother has blue eyes and blond hair. Her Mother had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her father was a redhead with green eyes.

My father's Mother had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I don't have any color photographs of my paternal grandfather's face so I don't know what his coloring was. My paternal grandfather's father was a naturalized US citizen from Czechoslovakia and on the application it says gray eyes.
    I CFG

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,334
    Given: 1,215

0 Not allowed!

Pure green eyes is quite rare, most green eyes is usually mixed with brown or blue/gray.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information