Quote Originally Posted by Smaland View Post
@ CFG:

• The “ignore” function: First of all, I’m thankful for the ignore feature of the forum. I’ve had you on ignore for some time now, and it can help me to have a calmer day. The only reason I know what you said in this case is because AC quoted your post.
    _
  • There’s nothing wrong with being civil: Indirectly addressing AC in this manner is a way of doing this.
    _
  • How strong is your counterargument?: One thing that you could have done is to link to a news story that conclusively shows that Putin is a good man after all. Or at least, that he hasn’t actually made these implicit threats against Alaska (and now, California and Hawaii) through surrogates. (By now, you should be able to tell that I won't be persuaded by Mearsheimer, Douglas MacGregor, or anyone else like that. I'm not persuaded by insults either.)
    _
    Instead, you started off your post by literally swearing at me, without reason. Next, you made a “counterargument” with sarcasm; you didn’t link to or quote any books or news articles that would support you. Last but not least, you made an unwarranted personal attack on me that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
    _
  • The distant past: as for my attempts to get into the U.S. military, I’ve already talked about them in past conversations with CFG. Forum readers can look for them if they wish.

CFG, it doesn't matter to me that you're going to keep right on making insults in lieu of constructing real arguments. I don't care; I'm going to keep making the same kind of posts as I have before.

And now, back to ignore.
I don't care if you have me on ignore. If you say something stupid, as you typically do, I'll respond to it. It's just laughable when mental midgets say they have someone on ignore but then respond to them because they see the response quoted by someone else.

Either you're ignoring someone's posts, or you're not, and if you need the ignore function to keep you from responding then you're just a weak person. I don't use the ignore function because I don't need it. If I don't want to bother with someone's post, I don't need 'help' to do it. I just don't.