Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocking the Camouflage: Israeli Military Bands (1970-1990) – Nostalgia, Music, and Stories

Last Online
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 547

1 Not allowed!

Default Rocking the Camouflage: Israeli Military Bands (1970-1990) – Nostalgia, Music, and Stories

Attention all music insurgents!

This thread is a full-throttle exploration into the heart-pounding sounds of Israeli Military Bands during the '70s to the '90s. From disciplined cadences to rebellious rock vibes, we're delving deep into the arsenal of tunes that fueled the troops.

Embark on a melodious journey as we unfurl the tale of a tree, symbolizing the resilience of Jews in Europe. This enchanting song narrates how the tree, once felled, found a second life as the mast of a ship. It is just the first note in a series of musical narratives I'll be sharing.

In this allegorical masterpiece, the tree becomes a poignant symbol, representing the enduring spirit and resilience of Jews in Europe. The allegory unfolds as the tree, once felled—an emblem of historical challenges and adversities—undergoes a remarkable transformation. Its rebirth as the mast of a ship symbolizes strength, adaptability, and the ability to navigate turbulent seas. The power behind this allegory lies in its capacity to encapsulate the collective journey of a community, offering a narrative of hope, transformation, and the indomitable spirit that propels individuals forward despite challenges. Through the harmonies of this enchanting song, listeners are invited to reflect on the timeless themes of renewal, survival, and the enduring power of the human spirit.

I took the liberty of translating it for you, putting a bit of my poetic touch into the mix. I hope you enjoy this crafted rendition as much as I enjoyed weaving the words together for you:

Beside the dusty road, a lonesome tree does stand. Its drooping branches weary, its head bowed to the sand.

Hush now, little one, the night is closing in. A raging storm tosses the ship amidst the windy din.

In that tree's scant shade, your father and mother found rest. Their faces turned to Jerusalem as your father prayed at dusk.

To that same weary tree, child, your father was bound tight. The whip's hot breath did scorch him as he gasped in smoking plight.

When the whip burned crimson red, your father fell down dead. As sunset colors gathered, he slumped in silence dread.

Hush now, little one, the ship leans hard alee. Her bow does plunge down deeply, to kiss the frothy sea.

That roadside tree was taken to form the mast so tall. Hush now, little one, it will lead to glory's hall.

Though wearied and heavy-laden, the tree does still stand tall. An altar and place of prayer, it will never fall.

Hush now, little one, the ship slides down the swell. Her prow does cut the white caps, the ocean she does tell.

That roadside tree though weary, has weathered every test. Hush now, little one, the ship speeds onward to rest.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 1,934

0 Not allowed!

Are you the same Florstadt as on Anthroscape?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

As Isaiah 44:6 proclaimed in the ancient scrolls, so does Florstadt declare in the modern digital tablets: 'I am the alpha and omega of online monikers, the singular deity in the cybernetic heavens.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Florstadt View Post
    As Isaiah 44:6 proclaimed in the ancient scrolls, so does Florstadt declare in the modern digital tablets: 'I am the alpha and omega of online monikers, the singular deity in the cybernetic heavens.
    = Yes, given your communication style

Thanks. Once an anthrotard always an anthrotard.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    = Yes, given your communication style

Thanks. Once an anthrotard always an anthrotard.
    In the sacred annals of my digital recollections, the name 'Milkaner' echoes not in the hallowed chambers of remembrance.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In the sacred annals of my digital recollections, the name 'Milkaner' echoes not in the hallowed chambers of remembrance.
    My account on Anthroscape was last GordonMarques (same for ItalicRoots shared with Tapatalk). I only registered around March 2018 and focused on pigmentation and anthropometry like on here. I also interacted with Elroi and FaerieQueen regarding getting a past member JewFist (AKA SmartCelt/Dani Ishai Behan) to admit to his anthrofora past. I have no recollection of you either, but you were active well before me in 2016.

I found out about your past involvement on Anthroscape from this ItalicRoots thread:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ital...t726-s510.html

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Who, in the vast echoes of cyberspace, unveiled the whispers of my digital presence to your ears? Have you now ventured upon a clandestine quest of private investigation, discovering my online existence only in this moment?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Who, in the vast echoes of cyberspace, unveiled the whispers of my digital presence to your ears? Have you now ventured upon a clandestine quest of private investigation, discovering my online existence only in this moment?
    I had an inkling you were not exactly new to anthrofora and thus decided to search your username. Anthrotardism seems to generally be a terminal condition so even after members leave forums they can often be recognized elsewhere. We all sooner or later turn up in the same digital spaces discussing similar topics at which point the anthrotard commonality becomes apparent.

I already told you about how I identified JewFist, so my curiosity should hardly be surprising.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    I had an inkling you were not exactly new to anthrofora and thus decided to search your username. Anthrotardism seems to generally be a terminal condition so even after members leave forums they can often be recognized elsewhere. We all sooner or later turn up in the same digital spaces discussing similar topics at which point the anthrotard commonality becomes apparent.

I already told you about how I identified JewFist, so my curiosity should hardly be surprising.
    Well, you've certainly embarked on quite the digital sleuthing adventure! Does uncovering my Anthroscape past add a thrilling layer to our current interactions, or is this just a testament to either your boredom or my intriguing persona?

And is it purely coincidental that in both cases, you were attempting to expose 'Jewish' figures?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This song expresses a sense of being hunted and in danger, but still relying on faith for deliverance.

There are references to someone seeking the soul of the speaker, like a predator hunting them. This pursuer seems to be closing in as night deepens.

In response, the speaker declares their trust in God as a fortress and rock of salvation. They will take refuge in hidden, secluded places to evade the one hunting them. The song mentions tunnels, crevices, caves, clefts in rocks, and burrows deep in the earth.

Even in endless conflict, the speaker affirms that God will prevail and bring liberation. There is a weariness and sadness, seen in the sister's faint, tired smile, yet still a defiant hope.

The final stanza condemns the tormentor who has brought this suffering and pursuit. It is a plea for protection and an expression of faith in divine justice against the enemy.

Overall, the song reflects a mood of fear and exhaustion but also resilient trust in God to be a shelter and deliver the speaker from those who seek to destroy. There is a sense of being pursued and needing to hide, but with a bold final declaration of divine judgment against the aggressor.

My fortress, my rock, my salvation

To praise you is right, without hesitation
    Far from my home, orchards scent the night
    In tunnels and crevices, caves dark as night
    In burrows and holes in earth out of sight
    Somewhere deep in the heart of midnight
    Listen quiet, watch in the gloom
    For the one who seeks to seal my doom

The almond trees white with sweet blooms
    In tunnels and crevices, caves dark as night