Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocking the Camouflage: Israeli Military Bands (1970-1990) – Nostalgia, Music, and Stories

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 1,932

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Florstadt View Post
    Well, you've certainly embarked on quite the digital sleuthing adventure! Does uncovering my Anthroscape past add a thrilling layer to our current interactions, or is this just a testament to either your boredom or my intriguing persona?

And is it purely coincidental that in both cases, you were attempting to expose 'Jewish' figures?
    It’s something I‘m always on the lookout for as an anthrotard. It is just a coincidence that both Dani and you are „Jewish“, although Dani‘s specific complex made investigating his case all the more intriguing. I also identified Septentrion‘s parallel anthrotard identity on City-Data.com forum with the direction of German former Quora anthrotard Jan Ronneus back in 2019. If someone displays well developed anthrotardism elsewhere they generally have had affiliation with or at least familiarity with the three major 2010s platforms of The Apricity, Anthroscape, or ABF.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 547

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    It’s something I‘m always on the lookout for as an anthrotard. It is just a coincidence that both Dani and you are „Jewish“, although Dani‘s specific complex made investigating his case all the more intriguing. I also identified Septentrion‘s parallel anthrotard identity on City-Data.com forum with the direction of German former Quora anthrotard Jan Ronneus back in 2019. If someone displays well developed anthrotardism elsewhere they generally have had affiliation with or at least familiarity with the three major 2010s platforms of The Apricity, Anthroscape, or ABF.
    Hold your horses, Sherlock. Isn't immersing yourself in 'anthrotardism' a bit anthrotard-esque? Your excitement for the term is quite notable. Your investigations into the origins of my username have brought forth an unexpected layer of irony, one that I cannot help but appreciate. It seems that playing the role of the anthrotard detective, diligently hunting for clues and connections, is, in essence, the epitome of anthrotardism itself.

Just a thought: if I were aiming to conceal my identity, I'd have opted for a different username. So, what's the grand revelation or accomplishment you think you've stumbled upon?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 1,932

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Florstadt View Post
    Hold your horses, Sherlock. Isn't immersing yourself in 'anthrotardism' a bit anthrotard-esque? Your excitement for the term is quite notable. Your investigations into the origins of my username have brought forth an unexpected layer of irony, one that I cannot help but appreciate. It seems that playing the role of the anthrotard detective, diligently hunting for clues and connections, is, in essence, the epitome of anthrotardism itself.

Just a thought: if I were aiming to conceal my identity, I'd have opted for a different username. So, what's the grand revelation or accomplishment you think you've stumbled upon?
    I guess my realization is that we are all one as anthrotards in the sense that we are constrained to a perpetual cycle of obsession and delusion. Nothing of any greater significance. Florstadt for example will always remain Florstadt due to the persistent cycle.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 02-11-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This song looks back to the early days of establishing an Israeli navy, and the daring dreamers who made it happen. It is a nostalgic tribute to the bold visionaries who turned the dream of a sovereign Jewish navy into reality through sheer persistence and willpower. It celebrates the transformation from refugees on foot to warships sailing proudly under the Israeli flag.

It nostalgically recalls the ships of the pre-state era that had hopeful names like Ruth and Dalia. There is pride in the bravery of fighters like Judah and the Palyam platoon who took fate into their own hands.

A pivotal moment was the arrival of the Exodus ship, carrying Holocaust survivors to Israel despite the British blockade. This ship symbolized the determination and sacrifice of a stubborn few who broke barriers to bring Jewish refugees home.

The song marvels that this ragtag group not only broke through barbed wire fences and ferried refugees through dangerous waters, but went on to establish the Israeli navy against all odds.

--------

Caesarea's sands held whispers of might, where men sailed the seas, fearless in the night.
    Yehuda "Wild", his spirit untamed, Nisan beside him, his courage unclaimed.
    Dan and Zvika, with grit in their stride, cast shadows of valor on the surging tide.
    Boats christened Ruth and Dahlia so fair, carried hearts with burdens none could compare.
    Named like women, yet steered by fierce hands, Ruth and Dahlia sailed on treacherous sands.

From Palyam's ranks, a brotherhood sworn, where bravery in darkest tides was born.
    Ike on Exodus, a legend ablaze, sailed into perils, through danger's sharp maze.
    A ship of renown, where weathered men stood, refusing to drown.

Barbed wire yielded to unwavering hands, where strength surged across those desolate lands.
    A symbol they'd boldly defy, muscles like iron beneath a scornful sky.
    They bore the weight of hopes half-beheld, 'midst waters where whispered prayers compelled.
    Burdens like mountains on shoulders they'd bear, through currents of danger without a despair.

Brave tales to recount, of spirits unfrayed, of men whose resolve would never be swayed.
    Beneath the pale starlight, in shadows they yearned, for ships whose proud sails ocean winds turned.
    No longer land-bound, their hearts took command, a testament of manhood, on sea and on sand.

Whispers of heroes, of battles untold, of spirits unyielding, of spirits bold.
    Under starlight's watch, where shadows would creep, visions of triumph danced over the deep.
    Sea their dominion, waves their command, forged of pure grit, a fearless, strong band.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Israel's stunning victory allowed it to capture the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt to the south. Though Israel later returned the Sinai to Egypt in exchange for peace, in the years immediately after 1967, there was optimism that this southern territory could bring security and an opportunity for lasting calm.

So when the lyrics refer to "from the south, goodness comes like a balm", it is essentially expressing hope that the conquered southern lands of Sinai would usher in an era of peace and respite from conflict - like a soothing balm after years of strife.

The serene images of almond trees blooming, guests lodging peacefully, boats drifting calmly, and birds nesting undisturbed take on greater meaning as visions of what true tranquility could look like with the security provided by controlling the Sinai region to the south.

Rather than just appreciating nature's simplicity, this song seems to yearn for those scenes to become the new reality across the newly captured southern territory - a place of blooming renewal, peaceful hospitality, undisturbed lives, and safe habitats. The "goodness" Israel hoped would emerge "like a balm" from controlling lands to its south.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information