Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are croats identical to english ?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    What's the average Germanic contribution of North croats and croats In general? and the rest of balkans?

You do look very Germanic Influence In my opinion I've always said so.
    Over 20% on average. Kajkavian means NW Croat.

I have almost nothing Germanic genetically and I am southern Croat. However I am 1/8 German and probably that's why I look like that (I wouldn't say Germanic as I don't look Danish or Norwegian).

Genetically I inherited way less from that side than I should (and my Germans were heavily Celtic admixed, with minor Slavic) but phenotypically pretty much since my mother looks like stereotypical German (Faelid), and I resemble her just in gracile version.

Recent ancestry often shows up more in phenotype than something ancient, even if it is small.

As for Balkans, there is some Germanic there but nothing significant. Balkan Slavs can be modeled perfectly as Slavic + Paleo Balkan + Roman Anatolian

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post

I have almost nothing Germanic genetically and I am southern Croat. However I am 1/8 German and probably that's why I look like that (I wouldn't say Germanic as I don't look Danish or Norwegian).

Genetically I inherited way less from that side than I should (and my Germans were heavily Celtic admixed, with minor Slavic) but phenotypically pretty much since my mother looks like stereotypical German (Faelid), and I resemble her just in gracile version.

Recent ancestry often shows up more in phenotype than something ancient, even if it is small.
    I see, mind share some genetic contribution of Hungarians and Serbs? I would say Croatia country neighbors are genetically similar more or less no?? I get the feeling Hungarians are more Germanic and Slav and less med than Serbs?

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 10:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

How are we genetically closest to Poles? North Croats like you are very similar to Czechs, not Poles.
    And only Ukrainians we are close to are Rusyns who I don't consider truly Ukrainian (at least not in genetic point of view)
    I belong to the R1a-L260 haplogroup, which is most common in Eastern Germany. However, on FTDNA, my Y-DNA results match only with individuals from Eastern Poland and Western Ukraine. There isn't a single Czech individual genetically close to me. This serves as evidence that Croats migrated from Southeastern Poland rather than from Eastern Germany and the Czech Republic.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoV View Post
    I belong to the R1a-L260 haplogroup, which is most common in Eastern Germany. However, on FTDNA, my Y-DNA results match only with individuals from Eastern Poland and Western Ukraine. There isn't a single Czech individual genetically close to me. This serves as evidence that Croats migrated from Southeastern Poland rather than from Eastern Germany and the Czech Republic.
    You are mixing apples and oranges. Ofcourse old Croat ancient core is from Poland and Ukraine (just debating that in other thread, you can join if you want).
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...al-inhabitants

However Kajkavians are autosomally close to Czechs. That is because they have significant Germanic and southern input, as do Czechs. Poles are lot more Slavic and less western/southern.

Also, NW Croats have significant origin from Moravian and Panonnian Slavs. Your Y-DNA looks old Croat though.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    I see, mind share some genetic contribution of Hungarians and Serbs? I would say Croatia country neighbors are genetically similar more or less no?? I get the feeling Hungarians are more Germanic and Slav and less med than Serbs?
    Serbs are basically half Slavic half Balkan-Roman. Some Serbs are more than half Slavic (Bosnians and those from Croatia for eg), while some are less than half Slavic (from Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia)

Full ethnic Hungarians are lot more Germanic and less Med than Serbs, but not really more Slav. They are comparably Slavic as Serbs are. Plus they have minor old Magyar/Turkic steppe admix.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Alaska
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    J2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,717
    Given: 796

1 Not allowed!

Are you sure that there is no Celtic admixture in Kajkavians?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by majevica View Post
    Are you sure that there is no Celtic admixture in Kajkavians?
    Seemingly not. When tested with them it doesn't pick them up. Also, there were no Celts when Slavs settled the region, they were already diluted with Anatolians.

They have such high Germanic because it is from great migration era when Germanics were still largerly unmixed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information