View Poll Results: Could you see yourself as part of a throuple?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 17.65%
  • Maybe

1 5.88%
  • N0

13 76.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would/could you be part of a throuple?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,739
    Given: 17,040

1 Not allowed!

Default Would/could you be part of a throuple?

What is a Throuple?

Source: https://www.missgigiengle.com/blog/what-is-a-throuple

What exactly is a throuple?

A throuple is a relationship that includes three people - rather than a couple (2 people), there is a third person in the mix. Other words for throuple include triad, three-way relationship, or closed triad. Throuple is adapted from couple - likely to make it a bit more accessible to the general public since these relationships are not the "norm."

Often three-way relationships are considered highly taboo and exist in secret because people fear judgement and that makes me very sad. Everyone should be able to love whomever they want freely and without impunity.

Love is a very complicated thing and while monogamy may be the most common way we see people get together, this is a socially constructed notion. Monogamy really began around the time of plough agriculture when women became property and men worked the land. Before that, people existed in egalitarian group settings, women often having multiple partners wherein the men of the tribe were engaged in a collective fatherhood of all the children.

So, the point being - there is nothing wild or crazy about non-monogamy. Humans are "naturally" monogamous, we're socialized to be monogamous. That doesn't make monogamy bad or wrong, but it does help to understand where it comes from so we don't fall into the sinister trap of judging others for very ok and human behaviors.

Triad vs. Open Relationships: A complicated matter.

You can't generalize too much here because every single triad, open couple, throuple etc. exist with their own ideas of what their relationship is and what it means. So, what might be an open relationship to one group might be an open triad to another. Basically, we're still nailing down a lot of the language around non-monogamy as it's often seen as taboo and we don't have socially accepted terms or definitions for most things - we're still all figuring it out.

But, in most cases, a throuple is a three-way relationship with three distinct people whereas an open marriage consists of a primary couple who practice non-monogamy with other people. A throuple usually (but not always) consists of a romantic relationship between the three people and an open marriage is often sexual relationships outside of the couple.

Again, not always.

Some couples engage romantically and have other boyfriends, girlfriends, and partners in open marriages - and some throuples practice openness and still have other relationships outside of the primary triad. The main difference is we're dealing with a primary couple in the open marriage and a primary throuple in a triad - other relationships are usually considered secondary to these primary relationships. But again, not always.

It boils down to: It's complicated.

If you are in a CLOSED triad, that means you are in a three-way, closed relationship. Meaning a three-person relationship wherein you don't see other people outside of the throuple. Some throuples exist where all partners are engaged with each other sexually, some only engage in three-way sex, etc. The rules are ironed out by the people inside of the relationship. It may sound sexy, but these relationships are 1% sex and 99% talking and negotiating.

The beautiful and positive aspects of being in a trouple.

There are lots of positives to being in a throuple - the main things I'll point out are variety, more love, and communication.

Human beings are naturally quite curious creatures and being in a three-way relationship makes room for so much exploration in the bedroom and in life. You can really throw out the rule book of what is "normal" and customize your own relationship to fit your needs. It's such a beautiful adventure if this is something you really want to do. That's an important thing to remember: All three people need to be naturally non-monogamous and open to being in the throuple. A super HELL YES attitude is needed to make it work.

Love is so amazing and having three people means having a whole lot more love available to you! As a clinician, I think this is such a beautiful and human thing to enjoy inside of a three-way relationship and one of the things that makes it so appealing to practitioners. When you're someone who has a ton of love to give and loves being in love, what could be better than being in love with two people at once and everyone being so happy about it? There is the potential for exponential joy.

A huge factor in all non-monogamous and poly relationships is communication. Everyone needs to be checking in all the time. Like I said above, talking is the most important thing in triads. You need to be sure everyone is enjoying themselves, ironing out kinks, mediating arguments and managing multiple relationships. In a triad you're not just dealing with one, three-person relationship. You're dealing with the relationships of: Person 1 & Person 2; Person 1 & Person 3; Person 2 & 3; The relationship between 1, 2, and 3. There is a LOT of management (sexually, time, romantically, emotionally, financially etc) involved and they are only for people who can handle it.

The complications that come with alternative relationships: Jealousy.

Jealousy is usually the biggest complication in a triad. Jealousy is not a bad thing and can actually be used to get into deeper issues one or more partners are having. Usually the jealousy is coming from a place of insecurity, social pressure, or a feeling of being "left out." It is completely natural and OK to be jealous - but you do have to be open about it and courageously challenge it head on with the help of your other couples.

When handled with love and empathy, you can uproot the green monster and come to a place of compersion - where you feel happiness and joy seeing your partner with someone else and enjoy all being together. You find joy in their joy. It is a place of acceptance and love. Jealousy will continue to pop up, but as long as it's handled delicately and quickly, it doesn't need to uproot your relationship.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,997
    Given: 12,783

3 Not allowed!

Ideally, it would be me with two hawt bisexual chicks.

The positives:

Three incomes
    Fewer chores for me
    Banging two hawt chicks who aren't jealous of each other cuz they're also in love with each other
    The esteem of every male

The negatives:

None

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,648
    Given: 10,375

4 Not allowed!

No. I haven't enough time for one woman let alone two and I'm not interested in seeing another hairy ball sack swinging anywhere near me.
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,334
    Given: 1,411

1 Not allowed!

I've been in love with two men at the same time. They were best friends. Both told me they loved me. Happened more than once though. I am happily not involved with anyone now.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,429
    Given: 2,719

0 Not allowed!

Why not

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    I larp as a Celt
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn + Alpinid + Nordomediterranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,214
    Given: 12,969

0 Not allowed!

I don't think i could

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ASPD lives matter
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 566
    Given: 126

1 Not allowed!

No.

Banging different hoes and chicks every month>>>>>>>any type of relationship.
    Don't date short women if you don't want short kids.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    3:28
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,920
    Given: 1,564

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera
    stuff
    Do you have any personal experience and insight from a situation like this.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 6,482

2 Not allowed!

I can't even think about it. My friend asked me to be in a threesome with him and his girlfriend a long time ago, and I couldn't even do it then, and, no, I wouldn't even have done it with two girls (call me a square).

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

If by throuple we mean me and two women sure why not. But in the end most of us have to start with one woman and if I love her I would never want to hurt her no matter how much I would want to bang other chicks on a daily basis. Unless she wouldn't mind to have another woman near me, but every normal brain functioning woman wouldn't want that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information