PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Ethnically speaking do Austrians resemble more Slovaks or the eastern French? - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Ethnically speaking do Austrians resemble more Slovaks or the eastern French?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Eastern Euros are usually a mix of Baltid, pontid, gorid, dinarid and Danubian, the most western looking east euros I have found tend to come from northern Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and parts of Serbia.
    You’re probably right, dude. Most people there don’t look Western European anyway.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Oh, Septentrion, the great world traveler! Did you get your 'Little Traveler's badges' from your mom's basement toy box? Please, spare us the tales of your epic adventures in the land of your imagination.

And as for your geography lessons on East-Central Europe being 'almost third world,' I'm curious if that insight was stumbled upon on the back of a cereal box or perhaps found nestled inside a fortune cookie.

But hey, keep entertaining us with your stand-up routine. You've got a future in comedy – just not in international relations.
    Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! I’m traveling again at the end of this year. Sorry, I didn’t to offend you. I was just letting people know how it is over there. Nevertheless, I have been to poorer places than Eastern Europe. So please calm down fella.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Take a look at the latest HDI. The gap between Germany vs Czechia and even Poland is nowhere near as big as you might think: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...an-nation-2024
    Please hush! Are you trying to compare Germany with such nations? Are you all there ?

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

Turkey isn't a third world country and i never said that it is richer than the Czech rep all i said was that living standards must be really bad in eastern Europe if so many migrate, what countries have lots of people migrating? usually it is not first world countries like Japan, Germany or South Korea or Canada but second and third world countries.
    You literally said 'they are strictly speaking second world countries in reality on par with Turkey or Azerbaijan,' which is almost the same thing you claim you didn't say. And for the last time, not only desperate people migrate - having a relatively large diaspora doesn't imply the original country has to have low living standards. There are plenty of examples like that. For instance, countries like Ireland and Italy have historically had large diasporas despite their relatively high living standards. And I don't know why you've chosen South Korea as an example of a country with low immigration when, in fact, the very opposite is true. South Korea's diaspora is huge, yet South Korea is a very developed country.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,437
    Given: 5,752

0 Not allowed!

You literally said 'they are strictly speaking second world countries in reality on par with Turkey or Azerbaijan,' which is almost the same thing you claim you didn't say. And for the last time, not only desperate people migrate - having a relatively large diaspora doesn't imply the original country has to have low living standards. There are plenty of examples like that. For instance, countries like Ireland and Italy have historically had large diasporas despite their relatively high living standards. And I don't know why you've chosen South Korea as an example of a country with low immigration when, in fact, the very opposite is true. South Korea's diaspora is huge, yet South Korea is a very developed country.
    I meant that eastern Europe is not dramatically richer than Turkey and shares many social issues and problems with them, i actually think Turkey is richer than Russia or possibly Ukraine and Belarus so it isn't exactly like Egypt or Pakistan. Ireland and Italy used to be dirt poor and now of course far less people from those countries migrate, i don't see heaps of south Koreans migrating to London and i would imagine the ones that do are far more likely to be professionals like tech workers rather than rasberry pickers and warehouse pickers like the eastern Europeans.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I meant that eastern Europe is not dramatically richer than Turkey and shares many social issues and problems with them, i actually think Turkey is richer than Russia or possibly Ukraine and Belarus so it isn't exactly like Egypt or Pakistan. Ireland and Italy used to be dirt poor and now of course far less people from those countries migrate, i don't see heaps of south Koreans migrating to London and i would imagine the ones that do are far more likely to be professionals like tech workers rather than rasberry pickers and warehouse pickers like the eastern Europeans.
    We were talking about East-Central Europe, not Eastern Europe as a whole. While it's true that Ireland and Italy have undergone economic transformations that have reduced emigration rates, it's important to note the same goes for East-Central Europe - this region has made remarkable progress in recent years, which has contributed to shifts in migration patterns. You've previously mentioned that it's almost exclusively second and third worlders who emigrate. Despite the Koreans often being professional workers, they are still a clear counterexample to what you're saying.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

We were talking about East-Central Europe, not Eastern Europe as a whole. While it's true that Ireland and Italy have undergone economic transformations that have reduced emigration rates, it's important to note the same goes for East-Central Europe - this region has made remarkable progress in recent years, which has contributed to shifts in migration patterns. You've previously mentioned that it's almost exclusively second and third worlders who emigrate. Despite the Koreans often being professional workers, they are still a clear counterexample to what you're saying.
    I should have been more clear and said emigrate to do menial jobs, i don't see many Koreans here working in KFC or taking out rubbish, i don't know how many migrants are still leaving Hungary etc, thankfully that isn't our problem unless the lefties get back into power and try and drag us back into the EU but i would still imagine a lot are still leaving east-central Europe.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I should have been more clear and said emigrate to do menial jobs, i don't see many Koreans here working in KFC or taking out rubbish, i don't know how many migrants are still leaving Hungary etc, thankfully that isn't our problem unless the lefties get back into power and try and drag us back into the EU but i would still imagine a lot are still leaving east-central Europe.
    Then as I have acknowledged in one of my first posts, people from East-Central Europe do indeed immigrate to the UK with the reason being that UK offers greater economic prospect and not because their countries are 'almost like third-world', which is the claim I've challenged. I'm not challenging the fact of immigration happening and I don't like it either - people should generally stay within their own communities.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Then as I have acknowledged in one of my first posts, people from East-Central Europe do indeed immigrate to the UK with the reason being that UK offers greater economic prospect and not because their countries are 'almost like third-world', which is the claim I've challenged. I'm not challenging the fact of immigration happening and I don't like it either - people should generally stay within their own communities.
    Well the conditions can hardly be first world there if people are willing to upsticks to work in messy kitchens and dirty construction sites en masse, if conditions were that civilised there they would stay. It is like how you don't see Brits going to Australia or Sweden in their millions to work there because this country is still a more civilised and comfortable country to live in than pretty much anywhere else.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well the conditions can hardly be first world there if people are willing to upsticks to work in messy kitchens and dirty construction sites en masse, if conditions were that civilised there they would stay. It is like how you don't see Brits going to Australia or Sweden in their millions to work there because this country is still a more civilised and comfortable country to live in than pretty much anywhere else.
    East-Central Europe isn't considered part of the first world, huh? Find me a single reputable source that categorizes those countries under the 'third world' label by modern definition, which is based more on development than on Cold War divisions? Based on that division, those countries would obviously be a part of the second world. However, this context became obsolete quite some time ago anyway.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information