Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think that many people are trying to be LGBTQ because it is cool?

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,451
    Given: 31,624

2 Not allowed!

it's definitely a social trend as well, and in the US it seems to be huge among teenagers, so it's peer pressure at its peak there in that age range.

it also has a lot of mainstream social and political validation and encouragement from government and business. there is much incentive to become one.

then among adults in the artistic world it's also a big thing and there is increased exposure if you are or become one.

so it's definitely not only the ones that naturally feel this way, but also a lot of people who pick it up because it's a trend, it's cool, it's rewarded by their reference group.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,131
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    it's definitely a social trend as well, and in the US it seems to be huge among teenagers, so it's peer pressure at its peak there in that age range.

it also has a lot of mainstream social and political validation and encouragement from government and business. there is much incentive to become one.

then among adults in the artistic world it's also a big thing and there is increased exposure if you are or become one.

so it's definitely not only the ones that naturally feel this way, but also a lot of people who pick it up because it's a trend, it's cool, it's rewarded by their reference group.
    Yes lil nas used to be straight. But after blowing up
    He ended up coming out as gay.

Now he is making hip hop genre more LGBTQ friendly. Since hip hop is very homophobic genre.

It is all about being cool

I expect more gay hip hop artist if being gay is cool

Since cool rule

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,743
    Given: 17,041

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rajputprincess View Post
    I don't know but these days in LGBTQ spaces. You meet these specific bisexual women. Who never have dated a woman. Not only that but they only flirt with mens in the server.

You wonder if they're actually attracted to women. Or they're trying to be bisexual because they want to be cool. Since being straight these days is basic.
    I agree with you.

I don't have experience regarding online spaces, but I get the feeling that you have to assign yourself a label to be cool. Anything and everything to be 'different'. I also get the feeling that these individuals (who by now have turned into battalions of 'individuals') have hijacked the LGBTQ+ scene and are taking away from people who are genuinely like this.

Almost every normal male likes the idea of seeing two women together. Women know this, and they also know they will get more attention if they claim to be bisexual.

I consider myself 100% straight but if a woman shows an interest in having a fun evening with me, I will take advantage of the opportunity. I would never go so far as to call myself bisexual because I am not romantically attracted to women and wouldn't want to date one. Women can be crazy. I know this. I am one myself.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    I agree with you.

I don't have experience regarding online spaces, but I get the feeling that you have to assign yourself a label to be cool. Anything and everything to be 'different'. I also get the feeling that these individuals (who by now have turned into battalions of 'individuals') have hijacked the LGBTQ+ scene and are taking away from people who are genuinely like this.

Almost every normal male likes the idea of seeing two women together. Women know this, and they also know they will get more attention if they claim to be bisexual.

I consider myself 100% straight but if a woman shows an interest in having a fun evening with me, I will take advantage of the opportunity. I would never go so far as to call myself bisexual because I am not romantically attracted to women and wouldn't want to date one. Women can be crazy. I know this. I am one myself.
    You can be only attracted to men romantically but find women sexually attractive

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Yes. Many women act bi because it's trendy and it makes some men horny.
    I never understood this behavior and I probaby will never will. Let's just switch It around.

Will you get turn on by seeing two guys who seem very attractive to you If they started kissing passionately?

just curious though.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    I never understood this behavior and I probaby will never will. Let's just switch It around.

Will you get turn on by seeing two guys who seem very attractive to you If they started kissing passionately?

just curious though.
    You don't have heard about fujoshi

Women in anime community. Who like seeing gay men together. So some women are in it

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rajputprincess View Post
    You don't have heard about fujoshi

Women in anime community. Who like seeing gay men together. So some women are in it
    I think many do get turn on but just don't want to admit It women by nature (heterosexual women) will find attractive men attractive regardless of race so If they find a guy cute I'm sure they will get turn on.

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,186
    Given: 16,907

1 Not allowed!

I don't perceive that people are identifying with the LGBT movement in order to be seen as "cool". Who exactly thinks that someone's sexual orientation can be "cool"? In Portugal this brings more stigma than any form of popularity and I believe it's the same in other countries, no matter how inclusive or open to these issues some countries may be. It's an issue that polarizes public opinion and the topic has been so worn down (not to say gotten out of hand) that I think we're going through a turning point, in which this type of LGBT movements are progressively and increasingly being seen in a negative light. If you live in a pink bubble like rajputprincess, surrounded by people who are unconventional, quasi belonging to a sub-culture, then you might be seen as "cool" for identifying with one of the 72 made up genders or coming out as gay but, outside the bubble, you will have a reality check.

I also don't agree with the idea that all men like the concept of seeing two women together because I am a man and it doesn't thrill me personally. I wouldn't be turned on by a woman telling me she's bisexual, it might even be a red flag, but that's because of my "boring" way of being in life and perhaps because I personally always leaned towards the conventional over the deviant. I would also add that there's no reason for anyone to tell me they're bisexual or lesbian either, because as far as I can remember I've never seen myself in any real life scenario where I'd ask a woman what her sexual orientation is, and so if she were to tell me it would be unsolicited, which is strange in itself. I try to imagine myself in such a scenario and the first thought I have is that it will likely be one of those individuals that their whole life is centered around their sexual orientation, which for some reason they need to tell everyone about.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post

Guy from my island who studies on Art Academy to become an actor came out as gay and bring a guy to his parents house. They were shocked.

I know for certain he showed no homo tendencies before, as he liked me and was a normal boy. Most people think, he was brainwashed by woke climate in such art schools and that becoming gay can tremendously help his career.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

just curious though.
    No.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information