Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

I'd prefer good genetics rather height. Which makes sense for why I am not that tall.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vessna View Post
    I agree with this. Men don’t just want any woman. They want a good looking woman. That’s why we spend a lot of time and money to look attractive. Cosmetic industry makes insane profits because of it. I don’t think women in general are as critical or selective when it comes to male appearance. And if a guy is extremely good looking (like a 9) he won’t have a problem getting women even if he’s a worthless bum.
    Women spend a lot of time and money on cosmetics, implants etc because they are retarded. Men don't like that. You just have to decide do you do it for men or as it has been said on this thread for other women.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,341
    Given: 3,047

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    I am slightly above average in wealth for my country, and I never dated a wealthy man in my life. Most were even below average in income.
    Exceptions break the rules not make them.

But I have heard that European women are a bit less hypergamic than others.

A poor guy has no chance in Turkey and to some extent in the US.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,336
    Given: 1,411

1 Not allowed!

I've dated a multi millionaire. Nothing wrong with that.

He was also very tall, handsome, self-made, an Aries like me, and a Marine.
    Spoiler!

Hoodrat Latina (Vlach Descendant)
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic (Czech to Mexican)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    PAWG
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 278

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I've dated a multi millionaire. Nothing wrong with that.
    There's nothing inherently wrong with it, no. I'm sure some of them are good people too.

I just think people like that are on a different planet than us ordinary folks.

I remember getting to know this one upper class Swedish guy, many years ago... more than half of my life ago at this point actually, sheesh... anyway he told me all about the place he grew up, where he lives, how they have maids, how his mom's a doctor... and asked me to describe my life too. So I did. At the time, like I've said, we were very poor and I was just honest about it. He was disgusted and told me I don't know how to flirt. And it made me wonder, does he think bragging about having a big house and maids and coming from money is flirting??? What on earth? 15 years later I think it's quite funny. At the time, my mom was a maid, and she was the same ethnicity/economic class as their maids... and I think that was one of the things that made us immediately feel awkward about each other, like "no, you go back to your planet now, this is clearly not meant to be". Lol
    It's Modelo Negra time

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ASPD lives matter
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 566
    Given: 126

0 Not allowed!

Its a form of compensating their insecurity with their own height, however, at the same time, they're also shortening their offspring.

The argument that says short women are marrying tall men to have tall offspring does not work exactly because they bring down the expected height of their offspring.

If a man wants tall children, he must marry a tall woman... and that's the ideal.
    Don't date short women if you don't want short kids.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cro
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 929
    Given: 716

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by protos View Post
    Not always
    Most non-human species rely on external traits, such as the size, shape, symmetry and colour of adornments to attract mates.

For leadership among majority of mammals- height, size or you were born into it.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 01:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 221

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by retfala View Post
    Most non-human species rely on external traits, such as the size, shape, symmetry and colour of adornments to attract mates.

For leadership among majority of mammals- height, size or you were born into it.
    Inside a single type of species that is not always the case. For example, the lion that ruled in Africa the most, called Scarface, was definitively not the largest lion specimen ever found, and he has beaten larger opponents several times.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cro
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalslavic View Post
    To go back on topic:

I find it laughable that there were multiple instances of saying things like "tall men have a better set of genes". For what? Aesthetics, and only if you prefer the tall look? One might be able to argue for protection, but even then, there are plenty of tall men built like weak beanpoles with feminine shoulders, naturally low muscle mass, small hands, etc. and short men who are built like bears.

I don't care either way if a woman (or a man) has a physical preference that excludes some part of the population - but like, do we have to pretend it's all scientific and objective?

I do think for most women the height obsession is social contagion. More power to them, I guess, if they are willing to put that at the top of their list of non-negotiable characteristics. But we need not pretend they'd feel this way if it wasn't for them being a part of the Tinder generation lol.
    I haven't seen this earlier.

Body size in men indicates dominance and resource holding potential-traits that have been sexually selected among men, but not among women, as supported by science - which is why many females may feel stronger sexual attraction for height, just as they feel attracted to facial symmetry, broad shoulders, etc.,- all factors that also point to a man's health, healthy hormones and even to healthy sperm.

Taller men may have healthier circulatory system and statistically lower rates of diabetes and heart disease having naturally stronger hearts and bigger lungs, they also earn more on average around the globe.
    (Shorter men may live longer).

Height is of course not the only trait, that would be absurd. A shorter man may have many other qualities (and taller not so much), and many women don't mind-but there is nothing strange or unusual that a short girl is more attracted to a much taller guy -which is the topic of this thread- when it is explainable from evolutionary and biological standpoint which suggests that our perception and preferences serve an adaptive function, helping us choose partners who will best help us survive and reproduce.

Already a few studies have shown that the average woman is attracted to men around/2cm taller than the average of their own ethnic group, and the average man to women around/2cm shorter than the average of their own ethnic group, but there are people that simply don't care or have unconventional taste, they will always exist, and that's good for everyone.

Average tall guy prefers short girl for short term relationships only, and would rather settle with the taller one, etc., etc.

Such statements that men don't have standards and preferences is yet another BS constantly spreaded here, these standards are just less robust.

People are biologically attracted to averageness and familiarity, based on their own ethnic group and the environment surrounding them, as far as appearance and personality traits are concerned- very often even based on their own selves (tons of couples that look like siblings). This will never change, never have, never will, just as the water is wet.

All these gender wars are for peculiar characters with too much free time, who are ready to talk about nothing, proving nothing until eternity. The only thing you can learn from them is the easiest way to waist that precious time in life you have left. lol

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cro
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by protos View Post
    Inside a single type of species that is not always the case. For example, the lion that ruled in Africa the most, called Scarface, was definitively not the largest lion specimen ever found.
    As I said, they are sometimes born into it.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information