British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    I don't particularly disagree with any of those being double standards, but there are valid reasons for them to be that way.
    What do you mean?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,491
    Given: 5,740

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    What do you mean?
    1) Any form of lesbianism is not seen as anything serious for men, don't need drawings to understand why. It also instigates a lot more disgust in men to see gays together for the very same reasons.
    No guy who is straight would be willing to have a gay experience even if it was to get the hottest chick on earth in return. Some women might feel that way too, but on the other hand several times more of them would be willing to experiment and won't see it as such a big deal, because it isn't. How many girls i have seen kissing each others casually for fun (and often more..) in my life? So many. How many guys i ve seen doing the same, zero point zero.

2) It happens that English is now the international language for business, it's how it is, so you are expected to have a commendable level in that context.

3) White in the current global culture is seen as the esthetical benchmark so evidently the standards are strictier and considered more detrimental to be, pushing the example to the extreme, almost white, than say, almost black.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

1) Any form of lesbianism is not seen as anything serious for men, don't need drawings to understand why. It also instigates a lot more disgust in men to see gays together for the very same reasons.
    No guy who is straight would be willing to have a gay experience even if it was to get the hottest chick on earth in return. Some women might feel that way too, but on the other hand several times more of them would be willing to experiment and won't see it as such a big deal, because it isn't. How many girls i have seen kissing each others casually for fun (and often more..) in my life? So many. How many guys i ve seen doing the same, zero point zero.

2) It happens that English is now the international language for business, it's how it is, so you are expected to have a commendable level in that context.

3) White in the current global culture is seen as the esthetical benchmark so evidently the standards are stricter and considered more detrimental to be, pushing the example to the extreme, almost white, than say, almost black.
    Number (2) makes sense, but not (1) or (3). Most heterosexual women are as repulsed about the idea of licking pussy as heterosexual men are about sucking dick. Just because it might not compute with your fantasies doesn't mean it isn't so. And I believe that anyone who is 80%+ any particular race should be considered as such, but I don't see why the standards for 'blackness' should be much more elastic than for 'whiteness'.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Number (2) makes sense, but not (1) or (3). Most heterosexual women are as repulsed about the idea of licking pussy as heterosexual men are about sucking dick. Just because it might not compute with your fantasies doesn't mean it isn't so. And I believe that anyone who is 80%+ any particular race should be considered as such, but I don't see why the standards for 'blackness' should be much more elastic than for 'whiteness'.
    Many guys are turned on by seeing women together, im not particularly one of them. The argument that some might do it to impress other guys is valid, but only to some extent. Now do the experience in reverse and see how many women would fantasize about a guy who they ve just seen getting fucked by another dude. Women have more filters but they are also repulsed by gay men, in the sexual sense. The fact they allow them into their friend cicles often, only shows that they are in the ultimate friendzone as they don't even see them as "real men". We don't have that same perspective.
    Im sure you can always find a few weirdos into that, but that amount would be infinitely less than guys smirking at the sight of two women together.

Usually a good way to assess the stigmas groups of people unconsciously have, are the insults. The worst one for guys is being called a fag. Women call each other sluts, not gay. That's our default setting.

As for the racial standards, i didnt make them. Blacks can start having higher ones. Some do, good for them i guess, if they are legit.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Many guys are turned on by seeing women together, im not particularly one of them. The argument that some might do it to impress other guys is valid, but only to some extent. Now do the experience in reverse and see how many women would fantasize about a guy who they ve just seen getting fucked by another dude. Women have more filters but they are also repulsed by gay men, in the sexual sense. The fact they allow them into their friend cicles often, only shows that they are in the ultimate friendzone as they don't even see them as "real men". We don't have that same perspective.
    Im sure you can always find a few weirdos into that, but that amount would be infinitely less than guys smirking at the sight of two women together.

Usually a good way to assess the stigmas groups of people unconsciously have, are the insults. The worst one for guys is being called a fag. Women call each other sluts, not gay. That's our default setting.
    This notion that women are more 'naturally bisexual' than men is just a (literal) wank fantasy. To the contrary: relatively few lesbians I have met have ever had boyfriends, whereas lots of gay men (even Peter Tatchell himself) have had girlfriends and even in some cases wives at some point.

As for the racial standards, i didnt make them. Blacks can start having higher ones. Some do, good for them i guess, if they are legit.
    What is your 'percentage limit' for whether or not someone should be considered 'White' then?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This notion that women are more 'naturally bisexual' than men is just a (literal) wank fantasy. To the contrary: relatively few lesbians I have met have ever had boyfriends, whereas lots of gay men (even Peter Tatchell himself) have had girlfriends and even in some cases wives at some point.
    It's literally proven by science, and i mean if you needed that, in case you have never seen the outside world. Gay men get gf, wives to eventually get kids out of them, that's the only sad and fucked up reason behind it. Bi men raises eyebrows in women, they know there is something fishy about it. Can even witness that around here.

What is your 'percentage limit' for whether or not someone should be considered 'White' then?
    On forums probably 99-100%? In the real world, just have to look firmly European.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's literally proven by science, and i mean if you needed that, in case you have never seen the outside world.
    I am talking about the outside world. I used to regularly go out on the gay scene, I know what goes on.

Gay men get gf, wives to eventually get kids out of them, that's the only sad and fucked up reason behind it.
    Either that or (nowadays not so much) to act as a cover.

We are fine with bi women.
    So the thought of your partner running off with another woman doesn't scare you?

On forums probably 99-100%? In the real world, just have to look firmly European.
    You see, that is what is very fuzzy and blurry. Do Carlos Alcaraz and Fabio Fognini look more 'firmly European' than Bashar Assad and Ralph Nader?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I am talking about the outside world. I used to regularly go out on the gay scene, I know what goes on.
    Well 98% of the population isn't gay, and those are the most hardcore there so that's a pretty limited view but even that scene that i might have been in touched with too at some point, many of the women i knew were openly bi, and the overwhelming majority of guys were just gay with no sexual interests in women at all. You also routinely find very straight and usually very good looking women also love this kind of environement because they can indeed feel very relaxed among gay men, for once...They know them being into women at the same time is unlikely.

As for the more regular part of the population, i estimate it at about 50% in women, in that to various degrees and openess about it. For example they would never have a gf but that's a completely different matter. It's what i believe and my own observations but nobody will have the absolute truth about that, not even self reports. Im also excluding the recent LGBT wave which is almost a new thing on its own attracting a lot of strange and intense people, im talking about regular gays that were perfectly normal human beings besides their uncommon sexual orientation. The amount of straight guys who might be genuinely into it, i think even ten times less would be pushing it.

So the thought of your partner running off with another woman doesn't scare you?
    It's the last thing i would be worried about honestly. If anything some women are even willing to bring in other women, sometimes because they like it, sometimes because they know men too well and think that's how they are going to keep them. Again im well aware a part of this is about some trying hard, and i wouldn't have such requirement myself but many guys would be happy to oblige, yet would never do the same in reverse, even for the woman of their dream (wouldn't work anyway)

You see, that is what is very fuzzy and blurry. Do Carlos Alcaraz and Fabio Fognini look more 'firmly European' than Bashar Assad and Ralph Nader?
    There is some overlap on both extreme ends of the spectrum. I don't disagree with that as long as it's not overblown out of proportions. Alcaraz looks strangely exotic but Fognini isn't that uncommon and looks painfully Italian in my opinion. Reminds me of a friend in highschool who was from Rome.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's the last thing i would be worried about honestly. If anything some women are even willing to bring in other women, sometimes because they like it, sometimes because they know men too well and think that's how they are going to keep them. Again im well aware a part of this is about some trying hard, and i wouldn't have such requirement myself but many guys would be happy to oblige, yet would never do the same in reverse, even for the woman of their dream (wouldn't work anyway)

Fognini isn't that uncommon and looks painfully Italian in my opinion.
    LOL he isn't Paolo Maldini or Francesco Totti.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway, the main point is that gay men face far more stigma and danger than lesbians both socially and legally in most of the world. The only possible exceptions are some SSA nations where "corrective rape" is a common practice, but even those aren't legally-sanctioned as such.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information