Im a bit "Protestant" influenced in the way that im a bit uncertain whether it is really good that the most holy and most important, and most often cited prayer, is praying to Mary? Shouldnt it be about God/Jesus?

I do have a beautiful rosary, and i did prayed it sometimes, but not regulary. I would recite only the Hail Marys though and I do sometimes, or occassionally before sleeping.

But there are a few doubts, why the most important, most central catholic prayer is about Mary? Shouldnt it be about Jesus Christ?

The most important Orthodox Christian Prayer is the Jesus Prayer, that is somehow more reasonable? I recite it many times a day, no matter what i do, it is a short sentence and i recite it often. many times a day.

“It is necessary for everyone, whether eating, drinking, sitting, serving, traveling, or doing anything, to unceasingly cry: ‘Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me,’ that the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, descending into the depths of the heart, may subdue the pernicious serpent, and save and quicken the soul.”

– St. John Chrysostom