Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: In your country, which tourist attractions/towns would you say are overrated?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,436
    Given: 5,752

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Prince's Street, Edinburgh. Has the potential to be one the worlds best. But no vision, no planning, sad considering.
    I wouldn't say it's overrated, i have great memories of just enjoying the architecture, the space and i would certainly say that Edinburgh on the whole is very ideal as a city, just too overtouristed(even by London standards)

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,901
    Given: 18,310

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybele View Post
    If one asks Romanians plenty of them, will vote for Cluj as most overrated city. Especially because of the housing prices. And then maybe Sibiu, Constanța and so on. Sibiu, because except for the historical center there is not that much too see.
    In most cities just the center looks nice/ better. The periphery is sort of dull.

We also used to have a natural waterfall called Bigăr (read as the English word "bigger") cascade. In 2013, the international specialized press named it as the most beautiful waterfall in the world. In reality it was kind of small and overrated compared to the photos and the place was crowded with tourists. If eventually partially collapsed and the joke is, that now its name should be changed to "Smalăr/smaller waterfall"

I read that the Muzeul Astra south of Sibiu is pretty cool though. Sibiu is good for a one day visit right? How is Alba Iulia? Also wonder if Hunyadi Castle is worth the drive west or if Hunedoara County is scenic. Hunedoara seems kinda meh.
    Last edited by Daco Celtic; 04-20-2024 at 08:22 AM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 3,138

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    I read that the Muzeul Astra south of Sibiu is pretty cool though. Sibiu is good for a one day visit right? How is Alba Iulia? Also wonder if Hunyadi Castle is worth the drive west or if Hunedoara County is scenic. Hunedoara seems kinda meh.
    I have not visited Astra museum (yet), but I think you're interested in ethnography, right? So you would like it. Also it's one of the largest museums in open air and I've heard many good reviews about it too. I've been to Muzeul Satului Bucovinean, in Suceava which it's also nice and Muzeul Național al Satului "Dimitrie Gusti" in Bucharest.

Sibiu it's sure worth a one day visit. And there are museums like Brukenthal in the center, the history Museum Casa Altemberger, the Natural History Museum even Museum of the History of Pharmacy.

I liked Alba Iulia definitely since they restored and invested in Alba Carolina Citadel and I'd say it's also perfect for a short trip. I recommend for visiting it during the "Roman Apulum" festival. Muzeul Național al Unirii and Museum Principia are nice.

I think Hunyadi castle is worth visiting; in the county of Hunedoara there are Sarmizegetusa Regia and other Dacian citadels (if they sparks any interest).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacian...9tie_Mountains

https://instatravel.ro/judetul-huned...ive-turistice/

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information