Thread: Boycott Tyson Food Company that is firing American workers and hiring illegal aliens to replace them

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,334
    Given: 1,411

1 Not allowed!

Default Boycott Tyson Food Company that is firing American workers and hiring illegal aliens to replace them

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tyson-...top-republican

FOX NEWS FLASH

Tyson hiring migrants while laying off US workers is the 'decimation of the American Dream': Top Republican

Ohio Sen JD Vance suggests companies who lay off Americans while seeking foreign workers should face congressional scrutiny

By Charles Creitz Fox News
    Published March 17, 2024 8:00am EDT

As Tyson Foods announced it is shuttering an Iowa pork factory that will lead to more than 1,000 lost jobs, the company reportedly met with and hired migrants in Manhattan for positions at a Tennessee plant.

After announcing it will join with the Tent Partnership for Refugees, staff from the poultry heavyweight engaged with asylum seekers at the New York office of Chobani yogurt, whose CEO Hamdi Ulukaya founded the charity.

At least 87 migrants from Central and South America were hired in two separate groups, according to Tribune News Service. The same report said Tyson employs about 42,000 immigrants and that the company's corporate social responsibility executive said, "We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them."

In response to the news, Sen. J.D. Vance, R-Ohio, said companies who lay off Americans while seeking foreign nationals for open positions should face congressional scrutiny.

"We're certainly going to look into whether we can change that [ability], assuming Tyson is operating legally," Vance told "Jesse Watters Primetime" on Thursday.

"All we know is that they are firing American workers and hiring illegal aliens to replace them. This is the entire point of illegal immigration — and Republicans, we've got to hammer this point home."

Vance argued the hiring of migrants or foreign nationals who are willing to work for lower pay than U.S. citizens both exacerbates the labor pool and suppresses wages for working-class families.

Host Jesse Watters noted how top Democrats have publicly spoken about the need for foreign nationals to take American jobs, pointing to House Judiciary Committee ranking member Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., lamenting in January that "vegetables would rot in the ground if they weren't being picked by many immigrants — many illegal immigrants."

Watters also cited Rep. Nancy Pelosi's September 2022 comments asking why Florida would fly migrants out-of-state if farmers are purportedly clamoring for laborers.

In response to a "Jesse Watters Primetime" request for comment, a Tyson spokesperson said: "Tyson Foods is proud to employ a diverse workforce, including immigrants, all of whom are legally authorized to work in the United States… "

However, Vance suggested U.S. companies acting like Tyson Foods are not practicing true capitalism.

"That is not capitalism or a market economy. That is the decimation of the American middle class via illegal immigration, and it's happening all over the country," he said.

Vance also faulted the Biden administration for, as he characterized it, making it easier to "pretend that economic migrants are asylum seekers."

"This is the end of the American dream if we let this stuff happen. We've got to re-elect Donald Trump, and we've got to get congressional Republicans with some spine to push back against this stuff."

In a statement to FOX Business on the shuttering of the Iowa factory, a Tyson spokesperson said the closure "emphasizes our focus to optimize the efficiency of our operations to best serve our customers."

Perry, Iowa, Mayor Dirk Cavanaugh told Reuters the Tyson plant was the largest employer in the area and that it would be "tough to figure out what to do without them."

The migrants hired in New York will reportedly go to work at the Tyson plant in Humboldt, Tenn.

Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Tyson Foods BOYCOTTED as it sacks 1,300 staff at Iowa pork plant. Tyson then offers 'job-and-lawyer' packages in bid to hire 42,000 asylum seekers in New York~

HUH... am I reading this correctly... Tyson Foods wants to process Illegals to replace American Workers in IOWA ?

YEP... i got it now!

Tyson Foods BOYCOTTED as it sacks 1,300 staff at Iowa pork plant and offers 'job-and-lawyer' packages in bid to hire 42,000 asylum seekers in New York | Daily Mail Online

• Tyson Foods is closing plants in Iowa, Virginia, Arkansas, Indiana, and Missouri
    • The company says it wants to double its immigrant hires to 84,000 this year
    • 1.2 million US-born workers lose jobs to foreign-born staff

BOYCOTT ALL TYSON products --- READ THE LABELS carefully --- some foods are made and processed by Tyson under different names --- Do Not Buy them!
    Spoiler!

Hoodrat Latina (Vlach Descendant)
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic (Czech to Mexican)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    PAWG
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 278

0 Not allowed!

It's crappy meat anyway lol
    It's Modelo Negra time

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalslavic View Post
    It's crappy meat anyway lol
    Yes, I don't like their chicken. But they also own Ball Park and my Mom likes Ball Park beef hot dogs. I had one a few days ago. They make good buns too. I bought some Ball Park hamburger buns and extra lean (4% fat) ground beef today. Tyson also owns Sara Lee. I haven't bought Sara Lee in ages.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Spoiler!

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,047

0 Not allowed!

I no longer buy their crap.
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."