PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Is Slovakia the most underrated european country? - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is Slovakia the most underrated european country?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western Hunter-Gatherer
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,828
    Given: 828

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Aha, so I guess it was Georgians who won WW2 since Stalin was a Georgian?

Stanisław Żółkiewski was Lithuanian? Strange name for a Balt....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis...3%C5%82kiewski

Zolkiewski's army had an equal amount of Poles and Zaporozhian Cossacks (10k each) aided by Ruthenian army led by Lew Sapieha and German and Hungarian mercanaries. This multi-ethnic organization won two big battles under Smolensk and Klushino. At that point the Russian state in the middle of a civil war stopped functioning and the remnants of this army (just 3000 men) entered Moscow without a battle. When they actually had to fight for Moscow, the commander in chief was Jonas Chodkevicius from Vilnius and the bulk of his army were Cossacks.

Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth can be summarized as a pact where Lithuania had to aid Poland in their wars with the Germans, and where Poland had to aid Lithuania in their wars with Muscovy/Russia.

If you are able to see the broader picture, the conflict starts in 1300s when a small Baltic tribe went on a power trip, conquered several Slavic principalities in what is today Belarus and Ukraine, and later used them as a cannon fodder for their further conquests, trying to subjugate Upper Oka Principalities in the vicinity of Moscow no less. Eventually the Slavs felt like they "belong" in this country and willingly fought the wars against Moscow. As long as the Slavic country of "Lithuania" was faring well in their conflict with Moscow, they were not interested in a union with Poland, but the balance of power inevitably shifted in favor of Moscow, and the Slavic country of "Lithuania" was unable to secure its possessions without the help of Poles who themselves needed a strong ally in their conflict with the Germans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscov...cal_background

The conflict lasted for centuries with periods of temporary peace, and in the second half of it, the Poles were dragged into it to defend the interests of a Slavic country "Lithuania".

A bloodbath in which ancestors of Russians, Belarusians and Ukrainians were killing each other is in no shape or form a conflict between Orthodoxy and Catholicism.
    Last edited by Russki; 03-29-2024 at 04:52 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western Hunter-Gatherer
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,828
    Given: 828

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    For someone claiming Russian indifference towards Poles, you're certainly investing a lot of time into this. Seriously though, I don't recall ever suggesting that Russians hate Poles as much, or even more, than vice versa. Even if it's one-sided in the sense that Poles think about Russians more than vice versa, I wasn't born yesterday not to notice that Poland isn't exactly at the top of Russia's favorites list either.

I invested my time in explaining why the supposed conflict between Russians and Catholic Christians is a pseudo-historical nonsense. You're welcome.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Russki View Post
    I invested my time in explaining why the supposed conflict between Russians and Catholic Christians is a pseudo-historical nonsense. You're welcome.
    Then I would advice you to read more carefuly next time, that way you might save your precious time:

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Serbs only hate certain Catholic Slavs, and so do Russians. Neither of those groups is known for hating the entire Catholic Slavic world. And while some of them sometimes claim Slavic identity for themselves, calling the rest of us wannabees, it's rather fringe. My experiences with people from Eastern Orthodox countries, mostly Russians and Serbs actually, have been overwhelmingly positive, both in real life and here, though certainly not because of people like Ugo or Lyssyi.
    In the quoted statement, I explicitly disputed the viewpoint that Russia is an enemy of Catholic Slavs, so if that was your point, you're kinda preaching to the choir.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

Nah, it's Russians trying to pretend Poland was not a big nation once. They have big dislike for Poles because most Poles, except some weirdoes, don't lick Putin's balls. While in country like Germany, which literaly commited genocide against Soviet citizens, many right wingers lick balls of Putin, so Russians "respect" them.
    It's an extreme simplification of everything with shrinking whole story to Putin and WWII by a 3rd side (in this case you) who suddenly became interested in Russian/Polish topic with need of rapid answers in a system of own mindset.
    Last edited by Victor; 03-29-2024 at 05:48 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I will paint you the real picture: there are plenty of Eastern Europeans who think about Russia and hate Russia, while getting no attention from average Russians in return. The most exaggerated examples of one-sided animosity are Poland and Romania.
    I still cannot compare Polish attitude with Romanian, Poles are special.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's why Poles occupied Moscow and held it for 2 years, more than any other "big enemies" of yours
    For us it's something from history books (one of thousands of stories) while some Pole would get erection just thinking about this.

Even our own history is generally "cool stories from the past" for us, and unlike, for example, South Slavs we're not obsessed with some random 1235, 1453 or 1389 or who was first and where, we have no need to legitimate ourselves to anyone through something what happened who knows when.

We have very "general" attitude towards almost any nation and generally it's very impersonal, emotionless. Btw we, TA Russians, are not representative, just like most of TA users barely represent own nations in different averages, as TA is a place of one way or another obsessed people, a "chosen <0,1%"

As for attitude towards Catholics, Russia never had any problems with them as citizens. Catholics (just like Lutherans) were not limited in anything, just like reaching the top heights of society, army, governing, science, Russia has always been very inclusive in such questions. There were Catholic generals, ministers, governors of whole regions, who served their Russian Motherland as good Citizens and subjects of the Emperor.

Catholic Sovereign Military Order of Malta always had close ties with Russia and had periods when its existence fully depended on Russia.
    Last edited by Victor; 03-29-2024 at 07:27 AM.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,385
    Given: 31,174

1 Not allowed!

It's underrated like my mtDna

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's an extreme simplification of everything with shrinking whole story to Putin and WWII by a 3rd side (in this case you) who suddenly became interested in Russian/Polish topic with need of rapid answers in a system of own mindset.
    I don't care for Poles, not a big fan of them.

But I know for your state and church rabbid anti-Catholic and anti-western attitude, regardless of Russki mental acrobatics.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

And you failed at it miserably. You are welcome.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For us it's something from history books (one of thousands of stories) while some Pole would get erection just thinking about this.

Even our own history is generally "cool stories from the past" for us, and unlike, for example, South Slavs we're not obsessed with some random 1235, 1453 or 1389 or who was first and where, we have no need to legitimate ourselves to anyone through something what happened who knows when.

We have very "general" attitude towards almost any nation and generally it's very impersonal, emotionless. Btw we, TA Russians, are not representative, just like most of TA users barely represent own nations in different averages, as TA is a place of one way or another obsessed people, a "chosen <0,1%"

As for attitude towards Catholics, Russia never had any problems with them as citizens. Catholics (just like Lutherans) were not limited in anything, just like reaching the top heights of society, army, governing, science, Russia has always been very inclusive in such questions. There were Catholic generals, ministers, governors of whole regions, who served their Russian Motherland as good Citizens and subjects of the Emperor.

Catholic Sovereign Military Order of Malta always had close ties with Russia and had periods when its existence fully depended on Russia.
    During romantic nationalism, many Catholic Slav intellectuals traveled to Russia trying to gather help from Russia as largest Slavic nation to archeive freedom. They came back dissapointed. Including our own. They realized Russia will always promote interests of other Orthodox Slavs and support subjugation of Catholics to them.

This is why Slavs will never be politically "united" in sense of really good relations.

Catholic view is different. There is political disagreement, but when it comes to religion Orthodoxy is respected. I did not hear Catholics call Orthodox heretics or think that all "real" Slavs should be Catholic.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information