PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Is Slovakia the most underrated european country? - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Slovakia the most underrated european country?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Simping for and subduing yourself to eastern European culture that is completely foreign to western Christian Slavs is another form of self-hatred, and a very trendy one.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Simping for and subduing yourself to eastern European culture that is completely foreign to western Christian Slavs is another form of self-hatred, and a very trendy one.
    I will be turning 33 next month and I'm yet to see a Czech who would disown his culture and identity for a 'proper' Eastern Europe. On the other hand, there is no shortage of Czechs who would love to ditch their 'Czechness' and prefer German culture over their own. At the very most you will find a few panslavists here and there, and even them still prefer Czechia over other Slavic countries. That's the crucial difference.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    I will be turning 33 this month and I'm yet to see a Czech who would disown his culture and identity for a 'proper' Eastern Europe, so to speak. On the other hand, there is no shortage of Czechs who would love to ditch their 'Czechness' and prefer German culture over their own. At the very most you will find a few panslavists here and there, and even them still prefer Czechia over other Slavic countries. That's the crucial difference.
    I am Pan Slavist too and love all other Slavs (even Serbs), but I am aware Catholic German is much closer to me culturally than any Orthodox Slav. Ofc, Croats have great relations with Germans.

And Czechs? I never tought that was the case.

I'm irritated by Slavs dissapointed with woke and EU that lick ass of orthodox more eastern cultures that despise us and will never see us as equal. There is a giant anti western sentiment and strange mix of inferiority-superiority complex among them that is foreign to my people and what they hate includes us too.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,317
    Given: 9,884

0 Not allowed!

but I am aware Catholic German is much closer to me culturally than any Orthodox Slav. Ofc,
    Are you sure? In Germany, i always felt myself as outsider, even though my mindset is pretty western oriented compared to local standards. My socialization is very eastern europeean/post-commie, because i grew up in the hungarian society. I get along much better with a polish person than an average bavarian. I think you also have a different mindset than average westernes, i see it in your comment.

Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 02:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    3/4 Hungarian, 1/4 Romanian
    Ethnicity
    3/4 Hungarian, 1/4 Romanian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 7

1 Not allowed!

If one says vlach is more of a lifestyle than the an racial group or language, then Slovaks lived a vlach-like lifestyle for much of their history even though very Slavic genetically.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

0 Not allowed!

I am Pan Slavist too and love all other Slavs (even Serbs), but I am aware Catholic German is much closer to me culturally than any Orthodox Slav. Ofc, Croats have great relations with Germans.

And Czechs? I never tought that was the case.

I'm irritated by Slavs dissapointed with woke and EU that lick ass of orthodox more eastern cultures that despise us and will never see us as equal. There is a giant anti western sentiment and strange mix of inferiority-superiority complex among them that is foreign to my people and what they hate includes us too.
    What exactly do you mean by 'licking their asses'? Are you referring to supporting their political cause? Additionally, this is the first time I've come across the idea that Eastern Orthodox Slavs regard Catholic Slavs as unequal in general.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Are you sure? In Germany, i always felt myself as outsider, even though my mindset is pretty western oriented compared to local standards. My socialization is very eastern europeean/post-commie, because i grew up in the hungarian society. I get along much better with a polish person than an average bavarian. I think you also have a different mindset than average westernes, i see it in your comment.
    Germans you talk about are all atheist libtards.

Me and my catoliban friend from rural NW Croatia recently visited Venice, Vicenza and Verona. We met north German convert from Protestantism to Catholicism in one former church in Venice, now turned museum because nobody comes to visit it anymore (like almost all other churches there ).

She was middle aged woman who studied art history in Venice and is practicing Catholic. We shared totally same views, and we exchanged comments how many Christian song that are sang in churches are same etc. She spoke really badly of new synodal way and Godlessnes of her home society.

There is not much differing us except language and we understood each other perfectly. Could never have that with practising Orthodox.

Thing is, people like her represent her society authentic culture and mentality just like my really religious friend does mine.

Only difference she noticed was that she said she knew instantly we were from "east" (in her perspective) was when my friend entered church he got down on his knees, which she say Germans don't do, but she saw Poles who do.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Try East Slavs, I dont see much in common with them.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    What exactly do you mean by 'licking their asses'? Are you referring to supporting their political cause? Additionally, this is the first time I've come across the idea that Eastern Orthodox Slavs regard Catholic Slavs as unequal in general.
    Yes, Russians and Serbs especially. I will never support those who disrespect our religion and tradition.
    Greeks also, even if they are not Slavic.

Other orthodox are more chill.

I'm also bothered how they see their eastern culture as somehow more Slavic, although it is pure fantasy as old Slavs were Pagans. Idiot Ugo represented such chauvinistic views towards western Christian Slavs.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 3,138

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba View Post
    If one says vlach is more of a lifestyle than the an racial group or language, then Slovaks lived a vlach-like lifestyle for much of their history even though very Slavic genetically.
    What do you mean by Vlach-like lifestyle? Do you mean their social life culturally dominated by values associated with the management of livestock?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information