Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you like female lead action movies ?

Hoodrat Latina (Vlach Descendant)
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic (Czech to Mexican)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    PAWG
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 277

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie999 View Post
    Same. All the explosions and ridiculous fights or races. It's so stupid - I don't care who leads.
    I remember my aunt who I never pegged as a particularly intelligent person telling me how great the fast and furious movies are. Movies that don't really have a plot besides muscular badasses shooting things and there being fast cars and explosions and hot girls with guns. Like damn girl. Okay.
    It's Modelo Negra time

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R-FGC32320
    mtDNA
    U2e2a1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 314

1 Not allowed!

Me and my friends always watched action movies to laugh, if there wasn't any good comedy around.
    They are all ridiculous so I don't really care who saves the world, but I prefer more seeing Scarlett over Statham million times.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,269
    Given: 4,558

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Some people will say the same about Lord of the rings, not knowing that Tolkien was a political person that based his work on historical events and periods that were also indeed political.
    IMHO this isnt the best approach to Tolkien. That would be like calling Homer a political person. LOTR is basically a late Iliad and Odyssey, a very fantastic depiction of some particular history. Its much easier to construct a fantasy world based on some earlier inpiring events and we cant expect every author to create completely original universes.

What we might say about its political bias is the side chosen. Were watching the story from Frodo's side, not as observant. So were automatically pro-brotherhood and anti-Sauron. But this is also the most common political bias in art. Like we have to cry for every lost American and we have to chant for every killed German while watching Saving Private Ryan. So in fact we only have Serengeti lion documentaries free of political bias.

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    turkÏc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,973
    Given: 3,721

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 1,410

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    American Ninja made me want to be... an American ninja... lolz

I never heard of that movie. I watched the trailer just now. It's not something I would want to watch, but it reminded me of the A-Team TV series which I liked.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,303
    Given: 9,876

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    IMHO this isnt the best approach to Tolkien. That would be like calling Homer a political person. LOTR is basically a late Iliad and Odyssey, a very fantastic depiction of some particular history. Its much easier to construct a fantasy world based on some earlier inpiring events and we cant expect every author to create completely original universes.
    Lotr is a pre-human mythology not fantasy, according to Tolkien we live in the Seventh Age

Men had then existed for 448VYs + 22 SYs: i.e., 64,534 Sun Years, which, though doubtless insufficient scientifically (since that is only - we being in 1960 of the 7th Age - 16,000 years ago: total about 80,000), is adequate for purposes of the Silmarillion, etc.
    The Nature of Middle-earth page 39

Therefore, if Men entered Beleriand in Bel. 310, and the First Age ended c. Bel. 600 (cf. XI:346), then that entrance occurred 290 + SA 3441 + TA 3021 = 6,752 years before the end of the Third Age. Assuming three additional ages, plus 1,960 years of the 7th Age as here, as having occurred about 16,000 years prior, would yield an average duration of the 4th through 6th Ages of: 16,000 - 1,960 - 6,752 = 7,288 ÷ 3 = c.2,430 years.
    The Nature of Middle-earth page 42

We being in 1960 of the 7th Age .... While many are familiar with the concept of named Ages of the World as found in classical mythology, e.g. the Golden Age, the Silver Age, etc., it is far less well known that the Catholic Church has long espoused a system of numbered Ages of the World, extending through at least a Sixth Age. Throughout Tolkien's life the Proclamation of the Birth of Christ, just before the start of the Christmas Vigil Mass, flatly stated that Christ was born "in the sixth age of the world". The text of the proclamation comes from the Martyrologium Romanum (Roman Martyrology), the Roman Rite Catholic Church's official list of martyrs and saints, with associated calendrical information
    The Nature of Middle-earth page 402

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,303
    Given: 9,876

2 Not allowed!

Dwarfes became jews, orcs became gypsies, germans and germanics are descedants of rohirrim and woodmen of Greenwood. Slavs are descedants of lake town folk in East. The two present numenorean state is Italy (Gondor) and England (Arnor) and i as a rohirrim live in Mordor

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,513
    Given: 4,602

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    A regular guy in a movie taking down 5 guys easily in a row is an exaggeration because it's a movie, in real it's never that easy. A woman doing it just fantasy. It's not only ridiculous but might be even dangerous in the long run to put this repeatidly into the mind of young girls because most will never have a real fight in their life unlike boys usually, until they do...thinking they can defend themselves or the social norms prevent this from happening.

It's sadly not just for giggles anymore as those crazy ideas have already infused in the society, for example when grownup female pro soccer players were flexing before a game against amateur kids, they were convinced they would beat them easily...and each times they got wrecked like 5-0. Same as with trans athletes who wipe the floor in female competitions, and those are the effeminate men and failed athletes to begin with...Hopefully women start to realize that it's not fair but many have been infatuated to such a level they actually believe all the torrent of misinformations social engineering feeds them all day, until reality checks in. In real life fighting hurts like a motherfucker and getting punched in a face feels like a bus is hitting you the first times. The reality is a 15y boy would kick the shit out and possibly kill Charlize Theron with a few punches.

Only Cosmolady can do barell rolls and nut punches convincingly. Dont try this at home.
    I always have to use a weapon or an object (improvised weapon) to defeat a man or get him away from me,
    I carry a few weapons/objects/tools that I can use.

Otherwise a small woman like me (or a small man) has no chance against most men.
    Without firearms (or other weapons if firearms are illegal), I would have been at the mercy of men many times.

Women typically do not have the strength, height, weight, endurance, and pain tolerance of men,
    the physical reality is that the strongest women might be like average professional male combat soldiers.

Charlize Theron is tall and strong enough to be like an average male soldier in urban conditions if she trains;
    but I cannot see any woman reaching the level of a special forces soldier unless the standards are greatly reduced.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 1,410

0 Not allowed!

I never went to see a female lead action movie. The only one I have seen was years ago on television and it was Red Sonja. I don't remember how the movie was, only the title.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,513
    Given: 4,602

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    Let's be real, guys have only mildly enjoyed this type of recent movies because the lead actress might be hot and they dress or put her in oblivious situations that makes it the main interest of the "storyline". Those movies end up being the most objectifying and sexist ironically. Nobody would watch black widow if the main actress was a 4/10.
    Yes, my stepbrother only watches female-lead action films for entertainment IF the female is attractive,
    this adds an extra erotic dimension.

Otherwise there are few male-lead action films anymore, I wonder why...

Jason Statham, Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise are all 56-61, nearing retirement age with no one to replace them...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information