PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Croatian man killed in Ireland "for speaking Croatian" - Page 9
Page 9 of 125 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatian man killed in Ireland "for speaking Croatian"

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,307
    Given: 8,237

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    They either didn't care that much about language and were looking for an incentive to fight or it was racism against Slavic or eastern people in general since I doubt they would attack a Norwegian or Swedish or Dutch speaking their respective languages. I think it's the latter.
    I would be very surprised if the Croat (RIP to him) was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. This situation strongly suggests outright racism, whether in the form of hatred or indifference. The scum shall live the rest of their lives in a bathroom with a bed. It's even worse than it sounds, trust me.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Elmet
    Ancestry
    North-east Derbyshire, Nottingham
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid + Corded
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 623
    Given: 904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I was ridiculed here for arguing that English-language privilege is actually a much more universal problem than so-called White privilege, and this hate crime is a kind of perverse example of it.
    The consequences of being history's winners.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,291
    Given: 43,816

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    They would be kicked out from most other countries if they worked with people but didn't try to speak most basic local language.
    I am not sure about that actually, in today's topsy-turvy globalised world. For example, I remember going to the Gulbenkian Museum in Venice, and there was a Frenchman working at the reception who only spoke English and French - when two elderly Italian ladies approached him, he had to fetch an actual Italian member of staff to talk to them! Much more absurdly and disturbingly still, a Saudi woman once told me that hospitals in Saudi Arabia often hire interpreters...for the staff. (Many if not most nurses there are Filipino and Indonesian, and many if not most doctors there are Indian and Pakistani, so they use English to communicate with each other, but when a native Saudi patient comes along who only speaks Arabic they then call for an interpreter!)

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by drb234 View Post
    The consequences of being history's winners.
    Even for the 'winners', it is much more of a double-edged sword than many people realise. For example, one reason behind the incredibly high number of foreign students and medical staff here, as well as asylum-seekers who want to cross the English Channel rather than just stay in mainland Europe, is precisely because of the (relative) universality of English.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,647
    Given: 5,920

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Rusu is a common Romanian surname. I also used to have a Romanian co-worker named Sârbu, Mr 'Serbian'.
    Some Romanians have Slavic names. Like the composer Vladimir Cosma. On the other hand, some Slavs are named as literally Romans (a male name)

Concerning "Ilya", it's from Jews or something. So they could have picked it up some time too.
    Do what you should.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Elmet
    Ancestry
    North-east Derbyshire, Nottingham
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid + Corded
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 623
    Given: 904

0 Not allowed!

Even for the 'winners', it is much more of a double-edged sword than many people realise. For example, one reason behind the incredibly high number of foreign students and medical staff here, as well as asylum-seekers who want to cross the English Channel rather than just stay in mainland Europe, is precisely because of the (relative) universality of English.
    Asylum-seekers come here because they know they'll be pampered Lol. Britain is far more hospitable to them than France is.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

1 Not allowed!

I am not sure about that actually, in today's topsy-turvy globalised world. For example, I remember going to the Gulbenkian Museum in Venice, and there was a Frenchman working at the reception who only spoke English and French - when two elderly Italian ladies approached him, he had to fetch an actual Italian member of staff to talk to them! Much more absurdly and disturbingly still, a Saudi woman once told me that hospitals in Saudi Arabia often hire interpreters...for the staff. (Many if not most nurses there are Filipino and Indonesian, and many if not most doctors there are Indian and Pakistani, so they use English to communicate with each other, but when a native Saudi patient comes along who only speaks Arabic they then call for an interpreter!)
    That's sick.

In Croatia you can work many jobs where you don't need to know Croatian, but working with customers directly shouldn't be one of them.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Asylum-seekers come here because they know they'll be pampered Lol. Britain is far more hospitable to them than France is.
    They're more likely to obtain accommodation here, but it is hardly luxurious either. But I still maintain that a major reason, if not the major reason, why lots prefer to come here is because of the English language. (Even if they don't necessarily speak it themselves, they at least want their kids to do so).

Last Online
    05-01-2024 @ 11:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Alpinoid Sub-animal
    Politics
    Evil chud
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

Is that supposed to be a good thing lmao? Either way, the French, Germans and other Europeans only act like idiots towards other White groups, such as other Europeans and White Americans, they dont have the balls to stand up to the invaders turning their countries into poop. So the French acting like assholes towards foreigners isnt a factor influencing the tide from Africa.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Exotic Borreby
    Politics
    Right vs Wrong, not Left vs Right or Lib vs Cons
    Religion
    Born again atheist, having faith in positive outcomes and a positive future. Personal belief system.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,048
    Given: 12,279

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    To westerners any Slav is "Russian". In US everyone tought I am Russian. They don't really know geography well.
    This reminded me of a story, I participated in a discussion in a closed FB group back in the day. There were people from all parts of the world, but mostly US Americans. They saw my name (which is normal Hungarian name, nothing Russian or Slav) and called me a "Russian troll" for arguing with them. My real location was displayed on my profile too.

Page 9 of 125 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread Information