View Poll Results: As a whole, do Europeans or South Asians pass better in the Middle East and North Africa?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Europeans

6 37.50%
  • South Asians

7 43.75%
  • Both in equal measure

3 18.75%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: As a whole, do Europeans or South Asians pass better in the Middle East and North Africa?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 787

0 Not allowed!

Tricky question, I would say neither.
    You will find some Europeans and South Asians that will pass in Middle East, but I think it is more the other way around where you can find more Middle Easterners who can pass in both Europe and South Asia depending on their ethnic background and which part of the Middle East they come from.

I don't really believe that people of Middle East and North Africa look alike and should not be thought of as the same people. Yes I know there are some people from the Middle East and North Africa who can pass as each other, but that is due to them having a family background in the past from the other region.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,325
    Given: 1,212

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chinshen View Post
    Tricky question, I would say neither.
    You will find some Europeans and South Asians that will pass in Middle East, but I think it is more the other way around where you can find more Middle Easterners who can pass in both Europe and South Asia depending on their ethnic background and which part of the Middle East they come from.

I don't really believe that people of Middle East and North Africa look alike and should not be thought of as the same people. Yes I know there are some people from the Middle East and North Africa who can pass as each other, but that is due to them having a family background in the past from the other region.
    Yep I actually agree as well, although I would north African overlap heavily with southern levantines and gulf Arabs.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 787

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Yep I actually agree as well, although I would north African overlap heavily with southern levantines and gulf Arabs.
    Not all North Africans, but like I said the ones who either have full or partial ancestry from the Middle East like Arab tribes settling in North Africa after the Arab conquest and even some due to Phoenician settlement in Carthage and both areas being used to be part of the Roman empire.
    Don't forget that there are some people in the Middle East who settled there, but have ancestry background from North Africa.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information