E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,052
    Given: 1,938

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    She is robuster than the usual Subnordid. I dont think Oli is that off, Saoirse Ronan looks Irish as well. Not all Irish women look like Brenda Fricker or Fiona Shaw lmao
    Saoirse Ronan is Kelto-Nordid with some Brünn influence, though. The OP indivudal has a flatter face with less prominent cheekbones. That makes her fit better in the continent than as a Brünn-influnced Irish. Maybe she has some CM influence but that does not mean particularly of the variety common in Irish.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,525
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkiirs View Post
    Saoirse Ronan is Kelto-Nordid with some Brünn influence, though. The OP indivudal has a flatter face with less prominent cheekbones. That makes her fit better in the continent than as a Brünn-influnced Irish. Maybe she has some CM influence but that does not mean particularly of the variety common in Irish.
    No, sorry you are just making bias wishful thinking classifications, phantasyzing about a specific Brunn race which is only common Ireland (which is not the same as having a common look), Saoirse Ronan is more Alpine than Brunn influenced

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,453
    Given: 5,777

0 Not allowed!

No, sorry you are just making bias wishful thinking classifications, phantasyzing about a specific Brunn race which is only common Ireland (which is not the same as having a common look), Saoirse Ronan is more Alpine than Brunn influenced
    Isn't alpinid and brunn basically the same thing? Many Irish I have posted I have said look alpinid.

Banned
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,363
    Given: 3,076

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Isn't alpinid and brunn basically the same thing?
    Loliver question.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Is West Alpinid even a significant element in the Irish population? Irish have more robust malars with greater bizygomatic width (141mm) than Massif Central where West Alpinid is most concentrated. I thought the very high bizygomatic width in the Irish is due to the CM Brünn influence rather than Alpinid.

Here is an Irish female which I (correctly or otherwise) would classify as Brünn rather than Alpine compared to humanphenotypes.net West Alpinid facial morph:

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,453
    Given: 5,777

1 Not allowed!

Is West Alpinid even a significant element in the Irish population? Irish have more robust malars with greater bizygomatic width (141mm) than Massif Central where West Alpinid is most concentrated. I thought the very high bizygomatic width in the Irish is due to the CM Brünn influence rather than Alpinid.

Here is an Irish female which I (correctly or otherwise) would classify as Brünn rather than Alpine compared to humanphenotypes.net West Alpinid facial morph:

i would say many Irish alpines seem to resemble more east alpinids , not as brachy as the French and larger eyes and taller.

Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 03:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    100% European, 98.4% Northwectern European
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Pseudocromanionoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

You are going by a ridiculed site that cites 100 year old anthropometrical studies on formerly homogenous nations though and attributing to a random Hollywood actor, probably Jewish, frankly she's not robust enough to be a "Brünn", it's an exclusive large-headed heavily robust phenotype that is probably even rarer today than 100 years ago due to selection, nutrition etc.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,525
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

rl]
    You already start off wrong classifying someone via a morph. You could use the "Brunn" morph and come to the same conclusion, that she does not fit it as well. The irony is even this morph is rather based on the Bell Beaker type than Brunn types themselves, thats how reliable these morphs. UK has been invaded by Borreby-Alpine types (usually closer to the former) and most of them survived in Ireland and Scotland- just for the same reason they have so much KN and Dinaric admix.
    The difference between the continent is indeed that lower Neolithic influences, they had no choice but to stay robuster compared to France lets say.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyIslands View Post
    You are going by a ridiculed site that cites 100 year old anthropometrical studies on formerly homogenous nations though and attributing to a random Hollywood actor, probably Jewish, frankly she's not robust enough to be a "Brünn", it's an exclusive large-headed heavily robust phenotype that is probably even rarer today than 100 years ago due to selection, nutrition etc.
    She is an American singer of Irish/British ancestry. Neither in Hollywood nor Jewish. This is her biography:
    https://celebrationofmusic.com/molly-gibson

My assumption is that all broad faced Irish are Brünn by default. How accurate is this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information