Thread: Turkey threatens France over stance on killing of Armenians by Ottomans

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordid View Post
    It's not our problem. If it's hard for them, they should know how to sort them out.
    If it works against the Turks then it is a good law -- eventhough I share the reservations that others have against this assault on the freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech can wait: first make life hell for the Turks.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    If it works against the Turks then it is a good law -- eventhough I share the reservations that others have against this assault on the freedom of speech.

Fair point.

Last Online
    04-23-2012 @ 02:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vasconic
    Ethnicity
    Biscayan
    Ancestry
    Fields and Mountains
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharina View Post
    What you say is very sad... as you want to represent, an average European has lost the values of justice and truth.
    Cry me a river.

On justice:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaztelu View Post
    Justice? Against who? The Ottoman establishment is dead. The soldiers and government officials who were involved in the genocide (and other atrocities) against the Armenian minority are dead. Natural aging and Atatürk indirectly brought justice to those responsible.
    That's a very dangerous state of mind and it's bad you're bragging about it. That was the state of mind of savage turks who were committing all those atrocities. That is a step towards tyranny.
    Tyranny is when a government outlaws free speech, which is an important Western principle. Although in this case, this law is worse because it was put forward in the interest of some foreigners in a country that had nothing to do with this genocide.

The Armenians should take their irrelevant nonsense to the Turks if they are so thirsty for revenge.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordid View Post
    Fair point.
    It's not like we would have freedom of speech and no tyranny when the Turks take over. So any "freedom of speech" argument is hereby just liberal rubbish. We are at war - that's the whole thing of it all.

And freedom of speech during war ? It would be the first time ever.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

What you say is very sad... as you want to represent, an average European has lost the values of justice and truth. That's a very dangerous state of mind and it's bad you're bragging about it. That was the state of mind of savage turks who were committing all those atrocities. That is a step towards tyranny.
    Cry me a river.
    Your reply is quite arrogant and heartless: "Cry me a river." Well, what a mockery of the Armenian Genocide (1915-1923), when you say, "Cry me a river." Perhaps, many Europeans would find your comment very distasteful.

There were rivers of tears, when the Young Turks perpetrated the Armenian Genocide, those were the tears of Armenian Women and Children lost in the currents of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, forever. There bodies rotted in the rivers of the Cradle of Civilization, and the Tigris and Euphrates were gifted with red dye, from the blood of Armenian Martyrs.

On justice: Tyranny is when a government outlaws free speech, which is an important Western principle. Although in this case, this law is worse because it was put forward in the interest of some foreigners in a country that had nothing to do with this genocide.

The Armenians should take their irrelevant nonsense to the Turks if they are so thirsty for revenge.
    It is not irrelevant, because human compassion demands from us to be mindful of the crime of genocide, and our interest in justice does not stop at our borders. Some of those Armenians in France, have ancestors who date back to the days of the Middle Ages, not Johnny Come Lately foreigners.

France is ready to take a stand against those whom bury the murder of a nation, in lies and revisionism. By the way, what business is it of Turkey, to make threats against France? This is a common often repeated bully tactic of Turkish Lobbyists and Politicians who seek to intimidate and blackmail the leadership of countries who try to hold Turkey accountable for its legacy of the Armenian Genocide.

www.tert.am/en/news/2012/01/27/anca-clinton

Well, your point of view puts you squarely in the camp of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- Enjoy.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-15-2013 @ 02:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    American Colonial
    Ancestry
    French, Irish.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    Myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    But if that law would be taken over by the EU at large then that would make life difficult for the Turkish immigrants and that's why I am for it: maybe they would pack their bags and piss off.

As soon as the last one is out: drop the law.
    I haven't thought of it from that perspective. It could stop Turks from migrating to more European nations, thinking they are anti-Turkish.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-11-2012 @ 10:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian Turkish
    Ancestry
    West Anatolia, Yörük, Sivas.
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Taurid
    Religion
    Oghuz beliefs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Your reply is quite arrogant and heartless: "Cry me a river." Well, what a mockery of the Armenian Genocide (1915-1923), when you say, "Cry me a river." Perhaps, many Europeans would find your comment very distasteful.
    I bet this European who thanked your post finds it quite distasteful. Take a look at his posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Civis Bavatis

Damn right they were. They were invaders, marauders, rapists and murderers and they deserved to die. Like those Turks at the gates of Vienna.
    Replying to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepulp
    Don't think you Armenians are innocent, my ancestors were butchered by you.
    Then to me after another post:

Fuck off.
    Funny that as an Armenian u think that being European somehow gives you a holy moral judgement on life. Have you ever wondered how far Armenia could have gone (or would) if u dropped the lapdog attitude?

There were rivers of tears, when the Young Turks perpetrated the Armenian Genocide, those were the tears of Armenian Women and Children lost in the currents of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, forever. There bodies rotted in the rivers of the Cradle of Civilization, and the Tigris and Euphrates were gifted with red dye, from the blood of Armenian Martyrs.
    Not more rivers of tears than other persons who died during both WWI and WWII.

It is not irrelevant, because human compassion demands from us to be mindful of the crime of genocide, and our interest in justice does not stop at our borders. Some of those Armenians in France, have ancestors who date back to the days of the Middle Ages, not Johnny Come Lately foreigners.
    That's the problem, mind your own business if you can't win. The constant blame game gets tiring.

France is ready to take a stand against those whom bury the murder of a nation, in lies and revisionism. By the way, what business is it of Turkey, to make threats against France?
    I agree it's useless. I say fuck the France government. Just cut off diplomatic relationships.

This is a common often repeated bully tactic of Turkish Lobbyists and Politicians who seek to intimidate and blackmail the leadership of countries who try to hold Turkey accountable for its legacy of the Armenian Genocide.

[url]www.tert.am/en/news/2012/01/27/anca-clinton[/url
    The problem is that Turkey is not accountable for the legacy of that so called "Genocide". If that "genocide" was to be blamed on something it would be done on Kurdish and Turkish officials which were under Ottoman army. Those Ottoman officials are all dead and Atatürk brought karma on them destroying their regime.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The idea is simple: the Turks are invaders and whatever methods are used to drive to drive them out are fine with me. You don't belong here and I think that if Turkey would break off diplomatic relations with France then Europeans should grow a backbone : cancel Turkey's candidacy to the EU, come up with a general boycott of all Turkish goods and cut off diplomatic relations with Turkey.

See how that would go for you. Being out in the cold completely.

Last Online
    03-26-2012 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian Highland
    Ancestry
    People of ARarat
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    preservationist, traditionalist
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Cry me a river.

On justice:

Tyranny is when a government outlaws free speech, which is an important Western principle. Although in this case, this law is worse because it was put forward in the interest of some foreigners in a country that had nothing to do with this genocide.

You have a very short-sighted attitude, not seeing farther than your own nose. I'm not sure that an average European is like you, many are, but most are just unaware and live their lives.
    Such decisions are made by the leaders of the society (like the senate of France), who have a broader scope of thinking. Turkey and Armenia is not somewhere so far away, you can take a look at a map at least. Armenia is included in Eastern Europe category, and Turkey is at the doors of EU, let alone all the Turks that have infested Europe.
    Whatever happens in this part of the world, has its immediate reflection in Europe sooner or later. Now Europeans are nagging about Turks in their countries and Turks being incompatible with European values. Wasn't it that short-sighted attitude when Europe closed its eyes on the Turkish invasions, when Byzantine weakened and at one point could not withstand it alone any more, wasn't it short-sightedness to let them establish themselves in a politically vital position for Europe, so that they are even in the position of threatening a country like France?
    It's time that an average European will stop living in another planet and will understand the problems that are at his door.

Last Online
    04-23-2012 @ 02:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vasconic
    Ethnicity
    Biscayan
    Ancestry
    Fields and Mountains
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    What she attempted to do is guilt-trip me by assuming that I do not care for concepts such as justice and truth. To me, such forms of manipulation are very distasteful.

I apologize for not being sorry.

It is not irrelevant, because human compassion demands from us to be mindful of the crime of genocide, and our interest in justice does not stop at our borders.

France is ready to take a stand against those whom bury the murder of a nation, in lies and revisionism.
    I see you have not addressed my point:

Passing this law in a European country that had nothing to do with some genocide in a foreign land goes against certain principles that define the West from other societies. It prohibits revisionism and is a step towards tyranny.

Besides, the average European does not give a toss about the Armenian genocide.
    By the way, what business is it of Turkey, to make threats against France? This is a common often repeated bully tactic of Turkish Lobbyists and Politicians who seek to intimidate and blackmail the leadership of countries who try to hold Turkey accountable for its legacy of the Armenian Genocide.
    Armenians in France have no busniess using the French state as a tool to achieve its own ends, especially when it involves suppressing free speech in a country that had nothing to with the genocide.

You have a very short-sighted attitude, not seeing farther than your own nose. I'm not sure that an average European is like you, many are, but most are just unaware and live their lives.
    Such decisions are made by the leaders of the society (like the senate of France), who have a broader scope of thinking. Turkey and Armenia is not somewhere so far away, you can take a look at a map at least. Armenia is included in Eastern Europe category, and Turkey is at the doors of EU, let alone all the Turks that have infested Europe.
    Whatever happens in this part of the world, has its immediate reflection in Europe sooner or later. Now Europeans are nagging about Turks in their countries and Turks being incompatible with European values. Wasn't it that short-sighted attitude when Europe closed its eyes on the Turkish invasions, when Byzantine weakened and at one point could not withstand it alone any more, wasn't it short-sightedness to let them establish themselves in a politically vital position for Europe, so that they are even in the position of threatening a country like France?
    It's time that an average European will stop living in another planet and will understand the problems that are at his door.
    What a strawman!

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread Information