Reality & Life
    Religion
    Truth
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Mysticism of the Blood and Soil

I started this thread because it seems that the topic hasn't been discussed here before, and I feel like having something to say about it. I have studied ethnical mysticism for some years now, and would like to hear other peoples opinions to some things that I have experienced and have come to know.

I'm nowadays of the opinion, that the differing races of beings presented in Scandinavian mythology refers to the actual physical forebears of northern populations. Most likely in somehow warped and incomplete way, but that's how mythology always is. Now, I'm not saying that we of the northern descent are aesir, vanir, giants or elves, but that we, germans, scandinavians and finnish people are descended and diluted forms of them. In modern day, not only is our racial heritage hopelessly mixed, what I feel to be more important factor is that we, as individuals and as a folk have lost spiritual connection to our "genetic reality". And that connection is much more valuable than any physical racial purity. After all, matter and flesh are subordinate to soul and spirit, and as such spiritual matters have much greater importance. As humanity has progressively wandered deeper in to illusions of mind created by inherently false christian view of the world, egoism and reason run amok, so too have we lost the potential within our blood.

I'm not saying that understanding and communing with our blood in itself would make us like the gods and elves of the mythology, or like our ancient human forebears. But in my experience it does open up the channel for potential, through which differing physical, spiritual and mental traits and qualities slowly become manifest in us. It's just that everyone has to make that choice by themselves. True spiritual development can never come through dogmatism or being ordered from above, and as thus I don't embrace dictatorial politics, like so many others who ponder about these things. Neither do I advocate any kind of racial hatred towards other ethnicities. It's understandable to feel xenophobic when communing with the spirits within our veins, for it's simply natural reaction of wanting to protect what you are. However, I feel that it's "morally wrong" to want to annihilate those who are different just because they're different and apart from that, we all know where it led in Germany during WWII.

Last Online
    12-29-2013 @ 10:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    English/German
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Unfashionable
    Religion
    Common Law
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

Hello Atridr, cheers for posting that.

Personally, I don't see the gods as our physical forebears, but as the ones that gave us life.

I see the race of men and the race of gods as seperate beings, the gods being distinctly "other". They made us what we are, and set about our order, but I don't believe that we are connected to them in some "spiritual" link through our blood. However, I do think one's own folk gods are the most compatible.

Last Online
    11-22-2012 @ 03:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    A galaxy far, far away
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    paleo-atlantid + nordid
    Politics
    National-anarchism, European Imperium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

It is more likely that mythological beings refers to different aspects of ourself and the world rather than being a kind of mythologized history. Our people did not always live in the same place and they will not live in the same place in the future either. We can feel at home everywhere in the universe and make each place we inhabit magical.

If a culture and a religion has once died out, you can not bring it back unless it was kept alive in an unbroken chain by at least one person at a time, which "heathenry" was not. Because a religion is a living thing, not static and it serves a purpose for just that time and age, I see it as pointless to try to revive old forms. Of course they could still be used as an inspiration. If we want our race to continue to evolve we must create a new culture. Culture is the tool we have to influence in which way the population as a whole will develop.

The current religious forms can of course hold some truths, but they have lost all connection to the truly godly. Therefore they serve only as a way to uphold some sort of status quo and are in fact castrated so to speak, they lack any regenerative powers.

The reality is also that the majority is not capable of spiritual developments by themselves. They need an already existing structure to belong to, to partake of the fruits. This is currently missing since every true and legitimate tradition has died out, degenerated or gone underground. The folk is suffering until a new god who walks on earth emerges and reestablishes the culture and the bond to the gods in the sky. The seed for this is what is preserved in our blood, in materia. As long as we have people who are pure we know that the potential remains.

Even though the body is subordinate to the soul and spirit, it is more resistant to degeneration, this is the mystery of the blood. A seed can lay dormant for a long time and still be viable. It is waiting, and will only sprout when the conditions are right.

Last Online
    01-28-2013 @ 06:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celt-Iberic
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Earth
    Country
    Portugal
    Taxonomy
    Med+Alpinid
    Religion
    nature, love & happiness
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

as individuals and as a folk have lost spiritual connection to our "genetic reality". And that connection is much more valuable than any physical racial purity. After all, matter and flesh are subordinate to soul and spirit, and as such spiritual matters have much greater importance.
    ok, assuming this is true and that reincarnation exists, since the matter and flesh are subordinate to soul and spirit, where do the souls who have incarnated in the past in nordic bodies are in your reasoning? these souls, even being among other people now, are connected with this genetic reality too?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-06-2012 @ 06:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48

0 Not allowed!

I never used to believe any of it about trolls or elves existing.........until i saw Carlos Tevez....

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2012 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic / keltic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    GB % Swe, Irl.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    01-31-2013 @ 07:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric w/German and Russian ancestry
    Ethnicity
    Karelian from maternal side/Hämäläinen from paternal side
    Politics
    Reality & Life
    Religion
    Truth
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartha View Post
    ok, assuming this is true and that reincarnation exists, since the matter and flesh are subordinate to soul and spirit, where do the souls who have incarnated in the past in nordic bodies are in your reasoning? these souls, even being among other people now, are connected with this genetic reality too?
    I don't believe in reincarnation as such. Our consciousness, the divine spark beyond soul and spirit may reincarnate at some future point in time, but I don't think that it holds any memories, personality traits or anything that defines us as human. In death, all that has form within us, body, mind and soul simply ceases to be, although this may take time and be immensely painful, depending on how attached to our mortal selves we are. Spirit of those people who have such quality, for not many have, enters to the lands beyond the veil of death and through it consciousness may experience some kind of existence beyond death in Valhalla or some other such place. Presumably most such spirits remain indefinitely in the halls of the dead, but it's possible that some of them choose to reincarnate again in to the world of the living, perhaps to fulfill tasks set by gods or fate or powers that are beyond or perhaps just to learn and experience more so that they could reach final enlightenment and release from all existence.

Now, considering that such beings have quite a lot more magical potential than any mortal beings, it's presumable that they could forge some kind of metaphysical links to the genetic reality of their past life(in the quite improbable instance that they are reincarnated to some other genetic breed), but why would they do so?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Politics
    Reality & Life
    Religion
    Truth
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxn View Post
    It is more likely that mythological beings refers to different aspects of ourself and the world rather than being a kind of mythologized history. Our people did not always live in the same place and they will not live in the same place in the future either. We can feel at home everywhere in the universe and make each place we inhabit magical.

If a culture and a religion has once died out, you can not bring it back unless it was kept alive in an unbroken chain by at least one person at a time, which "heathenry" was not. Because a religion is a living thing, not static and it serves a purpose for just that time and age, I see it as pointless to try to revive old forms. Of course they could still be used as an inspiration. If we want our race to continue to evolve we must create a new culture. Culture is the tool we have to influence in which way the population as a whole will develop.

The current religious forms can of course hold some truths, but they have lost all connection to the truly godly. Therefore they serve only as a way to uphold some sort of status quo and are in fact castrated so to speak, they lack any regenerative powers.

The reality is also that the majority is not capable of spiritual developments by themselves. They need an already existing structure to belong to, to partake of the fruits. This is currently missing since every true and legitimate tradition has died out, degenerated or gone underground. The folk is suffering until a new god who walks on earth emerges and reestablishes the culture and the bond to the gods in the sky. The seed for this is what is preserved in our blood, in materia. As long as we have people who are pure we know that the potential remains.

Even though the body is subordinate to the soul and spirit, it is more resistant to degeneration, this is the mystery of the blood. A seed can lay dormant for a long time and still be viable. It is waiting, and will only sprout when the conditions are right.
    I too think it's pointless to try to revive exterior forms of religion as they were practiced by our ancestors, very much for the same reasons that you have. And I too believe that mythological beings also reflect certain spiritual, mental or metaphysical qualities or states of existence that are in themselves reachable even without any genetic connection to said entities. But simultaneously I think that myths represent us with, although incomplete and fictionalized, depictions of actual places, personalities and races/tribes that have once walked on earth. And I think that those races, the aesir, vanir, elves etc. have been such that they have manifested aforementioned spiritual qualities directly by being genetically what they were.

Let's consider aesir for example. They eat like men, reproduce like men, fight and die like men. What makes them apart is their psycho-spiritual nature; all aesir are completely fearless, facing all kinds of challenges put upon them with grim determination to fight until death or victory. And this is why they are called gods of war in myths, for they reflect the very nature of life itself; that it's eternal battle against enemies and obstacles within and without, a battle aesir greet with joy, for in their eyes it's the highest form of existence. Of course, they have other spiritual qualities also, but the one I mentioned is most important in my opinion. Now, my original point was, that because at some point in time, aesir have mixed with northern human populations, those with germanic or scandinavian blood in their veins, those who are in connection to that genetic reality, can make manifest within themselves aforementioned qualities attributed to our mythical forebears. As you said yourself, such seeds lie dormant within our veins, but they are not awakened by time alone. We must seek them and will them to be.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Politics
    Reality & Life
    Religion
    Truth
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To further elaborate my point about why blood purity is not so important as spiritual commitment to one's genetic reality we must look to the Edda and how aesir are depicted in it. In the myths, we are introduced to a handful of aesirs by name, and we are told that there are more of them, so much more that it equates to a whole tribe. Of those who are named and hold special religious signifance in asatru, not all are genetically pure blooded aesirs. Odinn, Frigg, Balder, Hoenir, Bragi, Widar and Forseti (and obviously Vili and Ve) are the only ones presented as pure blooded members of their race. Thor is not genetically aesir because his mother is giantess Fjörgyn. Neither is Heimdallr, who is born from mysterious nine mothers, of whom little is told. Tyr and Loki are full giants, who are only accepted among aesirs. In my opinion, we can draw certain conclusions from this:

Firstly, aesirs are not exclusively racistic, or at least they aren't overly interested on racial purity. The acceptance of Thor and Heimdallr, and the important position they hold in Asgard is a proof of this. Thor and Heimdallr both symbolize their spiritual devotion to their genetic reality as aesirs by being, of all aesir, the most zealous ones in protecting Asgard.

Tyr and Loki are a different case. I believe that they, alongside valkyrians and einherjer, symbolize different mystical paths by which beings who aren't related to the aesirs genetically can ascend spiritually to become like them. Tyr is told to be god of warfare and justice, and the commander of einherjer. In his character we can see, that any being, even giant can become like the aesir by willing to become like them, developing spiritual qualities akin to them(sense of justice and union with the warlike heart of existence) and being ready to prove his devotion through personal sacrifice (Tyr sacrifices his other hand in to the mouth of Fenris to be able to chain it). His ethnicity as a giant is proven by "The song of Hymir", where we are introduced to his parents, the giant Hymir and his wife.

Loki, on the other hand, symbolizes both the powers and dangers of theurgic magic. He is told to be blood-brother of Odinn, and thus has artificially introduced aesirian blood in his veins. In my opinion this symbolizes that any being can commune with Odinn, and that through such communion, can develop qualities akin to the aesir. However, if one isn't true to that cause through their deeds and isn't willing to sacrifice himself as proof of devotion, he is going to suffer like Loki.

Last Online
    11-22-2012 @ 03:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    A galaxy far, far away
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    paleo-atlantid + nordid
    Politics
    National-anarchism, European Imperium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What we know about the ancient religions of the north should not be taken very seriously because these people did not even write it down themselves. We must also keep in mind that since beliefs change over time and location, the form of asatru we know of might not have been commonly practiced in that way. If the Aesir, Vanir, Giants, and so on represent different peoples they were probably closely related to eachother. It is also probable that the reason for all the aesir gods to be so connected to war is because it was violent times and people started neglecting other areas.

There are two ways of passing on a heritage. By transmitting knowledge by initiation; in this way the persons do not need to be of the same race or related to the people who started the tradition, however certain personal qualifications are necessary of course. The fires that once was passed to one generation to the next like this has been lost to time. The other way is by procreation with a person who shares the same genetic heritage. In a person of pure race certain environmental factors will produce a given reaction as long as it comes directly form the heart. If some sort of strong experience or personal crisis in this person strips away all the external layers of learning, ego, and so on, he will have to resort to his genetic reality and intuition and can rediscover his heritage in this way. Most people however can not access that part of themselves, but they can still pass it on to their children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information