@
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Oh goody! Another idiot with daddy issues and a chip on his shoulder about religion giving us his two cents about things dear to people.

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Actually, Wat, he's really funny and has a good point on the majority of things he says.

That clip was just a small segment of his act, but I wouldn't recommend it to the easily offended.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    That clip was just a small segment of his act, but I wouldn't recommend it to the easily offended.
    It isn't that I am easily offended, but that I am offended that people wish to continually make a mockery of people's beliefs.
    I'm also offended that people on a European preservation board consistently see fit to contradict the whole premise of European preservation.

But that is me being me, I suppose.

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    It isn't that I am easily offended, but that I am offended that people wish to continually make a mockery of people's beliefs.
    I'm also offended that people on a European preservation board consistently see fit to contradict the whole premise of European preservation.

But that is me being me, I suppose.
    How is mocking Judeo-Christian thought contradicting the premise of European preservation?

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Personally, I think Christianity is ripe for mocking. I do it all the time because I find it so illogical that it's annoying.

I don't do it to fervent Christians though, nor do I try to change anyone's belief or do it around people that are uncomfortable with criticizing their religion. However this section of the board is the atheism section, so it was likely meant for people with that common belief to enjoy with other atheists.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How is mocking Judeo-Christian thought contradicting the premise of European preservation?
    Okay, to take an example of this board for instance.

Here at The Apricity we believe in the importance of preservation (ethnic, cultural and spiritual) of all the European peoples.

and...

This is a board for people of European heritage. We will not tolerate: pro-multiculturalism, pro-miscegenation, anti-Germanic or anti-Nordic views. Views, ideas, and contributions that are hostile to Europeans or their heritage are not permitted.
    So firstly that is counter productive to both the mission statement and the rule of this board.

Away from this board, the mocking of Christianity is also mocking our ancestors who came before us, who lived and breathed Christianity.
    Whether some people like it or not, Christianity is part of the European mindset and culture and is worth preserving and paying an inch of respect towards.

Personally, I think Christianity is ripe for mocking. I do it all the time because I find it so illogical that it's annoying.
    I find atheism illogical and annoying, but unless religion is being attacked, I let sleeping dogs lie.

However this section of the board is the atheism section, so it was likely meant for people with that common belief to enjoy with other atheists.
    That is fine. I can see the section hopefully turning out some very concise and thought provoking articles and threads for us all to discuss, but at the minute it is a section currently being used to throw petty insults and displays of petulant views.

How can someone define their beliefs by comparing to another set?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't find the comedy skits petty or petulant and that's why I don't feel that it goes against the goals of the board.
    It's more the openly hostile offensiveness that goes against the board.

That doesn't mean debate can't come up in another thread on this section of the forum and it also doesn't mean that these threads can't be enjoyed by those that enjoy them.
    Of course! And I did say that I hoped for this section of the forum to bloom in discussions, not insulting and offensive videos with little to no points or worth whatsoever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information